It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Red's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:17 am

Haha, great pics Amanda!! I love their expressions when they first see snow, it's like where is all my dirt, sad face, then it's game on haha, I can dig in this white stuff, yay!! last pic just too cute.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 7:29 pm

crazy face too funny. she dose look like a lawn ornament; Leo look like one in the summer when he sun baths lol, lol a snow mustache. love the snow pictures like the last one the most.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 11:41 pm

Heheh lawn ornament cause she looks like a where's Waldo with the snow as her backdrop and she looks almost teenie amongst the background. Almost. That was Sat morning when the snow was just starting to pile up.

That pink thing is her 5 dollar Walmart kiddie pool. I forgot to empty the rain water and it froze over. I kept flipping it so that water wouldn't collect in it but for whatever reason, the husband kept flipping it around again. Red did enjoy slipping and sliding on the ice though!

She didn't have too much of a reaction to the snow at first but once she dipped into it, she loved it! She was jumping around so hard and fast that she almost sent me flying face first into the snow but I caught myself in time. She happily peed and pooped in thr snow without hesitation so I guess she doesn't miss her dirt all that much!

I bet Leo makes a great lawn ornament with all the plants around him too!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:42 pm

As promised, here are the rest of the snow pics!

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 A10

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 B10

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 C10

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 D10

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 E10

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 110

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 210

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 310

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 411
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:45 pm

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 510

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 610

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 710

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 810

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 910
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:48 pm

The glorious stick that she loves so much.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Stick_10

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Stick_11

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Lay_do10

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Ice10

Serving up 1 tired pup.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Tired110

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Tired210

I sat down first and in she waddles and plops herself between my leg and the coffee table.
Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Tired310
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:52 pm

Here she is from last night. Glowing cone of shame...poor Red has a skin infection. Hope it goes away soon. She thought she was she was in trouble when she got the cone put on because as soon as we got home from the vet, she immediately went and crated herself on her own.

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Glow_c10

Well, I'm off to go medicate the pup now. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 10:06 pm

Oh my goodness, you got some great shots!!! Some are just plain beautiful and some I really *feel* the cold, hahaha. Red had a blast!!! Good for her! The snow and all the trees, just beautiful!

I hope Red's skin infection isn't too serious Sad does the vet know what caused it? Poor Red, get better soon!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:38 am

Thanks Jimmy! A Nikon camera on continuous shot helped me get some of these pics. The greyish colored pics were on the day it was snowing and overcast. The brighter pics I got the next day when it was sunnier and was able to use an actual camera rather than my cell. It was crazy cold but I don't think Red felt it! She had tons of fun running around and dragging me along behind her. It was almost as if she could anticipate eveytime I was going to sweep snow onto her face cause she always lifted her face just in time!

I noticed the last couple days she was licking more than usual and yesterday she was sitting in a position where I could see without trying that she was pinker than what I thought was normal for her girly bits. I hate having to medicate her and putting her in the cone because she's so miserable but it's for her own good. Vet said she either caught a bacterial infection recently or she might have a yeast infection. I'm thinking she may have nicked herself and all the licking may have caused the wound to fester. Wish her lots of get well vibes!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:59 am

There is not one bad pic Amanda, they are all frameable. The set where you see the snow/frost on your gloves, just looks freeeeeezing, LOLOL but yeah, Red doesn't look fazed at all, haha, she's loving every minute.

Awwww Sad of course Red gets get well vibes, hopefully it heals quickly. I hate when any of our pups are not completely well. Get well Red !
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Initally it was cold but as I started shoveling I got warm and eventually took my gloves off. Red makes this puff whistle noise with her nose as she blows out of it when she gets it wet with snow...it's so cute!!

She's getting a bit better today (Thanks!) and the pink/redness (ahh her name!) is slightly down today which is a good sign. I had the worst time trying to wrestle her down so that I could apply the medicated gel on her this morning! Even with a cone, she still wiggles at full force!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 9:32 pm

I feel your pain! I had to do ear drops in Kohdi's ears and he just wasn't having it. It ended up EVERYWHERE, haha. I wish Red a speedy recovery. Smile

You gotta get a video of the nose whistle, hahaha
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:40 am

Heheh I will try to get a vid of the nose whistle.

affraid Yessss it stinks! Did you end up medicating half the bottle of ear drops on the floor instead? I had to have the husband hold her down tonight while I applied the gel. There's no way I'm doing this again by myself tomorrow morning so I'm getting up at 4am to give her the next dose with my husband since that's when he gets up for work. Ughhhhhhh!

I wonder if our pups truly understand what we go through for them? Hah maybe not!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:55 am

Ooh i see the glowing cone of shame..lol poor Red i know they hate it BUT they need to wear it for thier own good haha hope she gets well soon Smile

Btw awesome snow pics! I'm jelous of your snow
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:03 am

LoloL Jane, you can totally HAVE all my snow! Back aches from shoveling/falling and expenses for snow tires come as a free gift with it!

Red seems to be doing a bit better tonight. She zoomed around so fast that she made the cone fall apart but I was able to reattach it.

Here she is being unimpressed with the fact that I caved and got myself a pink Beanie baby husky:
Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 20160210
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:21 am

Lol hm never thought about the shoveling and falling..but snow tires and the snow..deal! Lol

Ah man Memphis hit the door so hard with his cone it flew off and broke one of the clips ugh haha

OMG I want! thats freaking adorable.. i didnt even knowbthey still bad beaniebabies
She thinks shes been replaced lol
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 12:44 pm

Awww hope Memphis is ok! They usually get right back up and shake it off like nothing but sometimes they stun themselves after a particularly hard fall or bump. Maybe that was his method of getting the cone off!

Don't know if Beanie Babies are still being made but I got this one off of eBay which is a retired one from 2006. Red was whining like a baby when I wouldn't give it to her cause she thought it was a new toy for her....she'd shred it in 2 seconds flat if she ever got her mouth on it.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:26 pm

[quote="redlattinville"

Don't know if Beanie Babies are still being made but I got this one off of eBay which is a retired one from 2006. Red was whining like a baby when I wouldn't give it to her cause she thought it was a new toy for her....she'd shred it in 2 seconds flat if she ever got her mouth on it.[/quote]

Ohhh...what a mess you will have if she does ever get it. When we first got Ami, he was outside all day except for crating at night. We were still building his dog house and when the temps dropped into the 20's and we had a light snow, I was worried he would get cold (silly mummy Rolling Eyes ). So what did the bright one do? I brought out an old bean bag "chair" that the kids had when they were little.

A year later, I was still raking up teeny tiny little styrofoam balls all over the front and side lawns Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 1625187496
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:17 pm

beautiful pics, you could frame them all Laughing . love the one were she is trying to catch the snow just before it lands on here. lovely illuminated cone, get well soon Red I love you .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:30 pm

redlattinville wrote:
Heheh I will try to get a vid of the nose whistle.

affraid Yessss it stinks! Did you end up medicating half the bottle of ear drops on the floor instead? I had to have the husband hold her down tonight while I applied the gel. There's no way I'm doing this again by myself tomorrow morning so I'm getting up at 4am to give her the next dose with my husband since that's when he gets up for work. Ughhhhhhh!

I wonder if our pups truly understand what we go through for them? Hah maybe not!

Yay! Nose whistle video! Smile

Hahaha, no Amanda, Kohdi had a very medicated forehead Wink

How long will Red have to have this medicine applied to her?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Goodness Amanda, I have missed out on some great pics. I am so sorry she has not been feeling well, poor girl. I adore the snow pick of her and your hand, haha, to cute.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:15 am

@Amy - hah hahhahaha I'm so sorry, I don't mean to laugh at your expense as I can certainly imagine what a horror it must've been to clean up all those little styrofoam balls. But its just too funny! It would have made a great scene in a movie. Ami is telling you to he's ready for a new chair for him to lounge on!

@Ronin - Thank you! Those are some of my favorite pics also. The other night I went to take her cone off and forgot there was a string attaching it to her collar. So she took off as soon as I got the cone off but freaked out and scooted her butt cause as fast as she ran, the cone was right behind her "chasing" her and making banging noises against the floor. My husband was in hysterics and couldn't stop laughing! Poor girl!

@Jimmy - at least you knew Kohdi wasn't going to have a forehead infection anytime soon! Lol. Red finishes her antibiotics tonight and the gel will be done on Mon. She actually didn't fight me yesterday and today and pretty much just spread her legs (lol so bad!) for me with me having to pin her down. ..but this was only after I dragged her butt out of her crate. It's like she gave up fighting back as soon as I got her on her doggy bed.

@Renee - no worries! I've gone a week or so without being on here. Only reason why I'm able to send such a long reply this morning is cause I had to call out of work today. Doesn't she look like a trouble maker in the glove pic? Hehhe one squinty eye.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 1:09 pm

I really do not know what I was thinking, Amanda. My previous husky routinely shredded anything left with her so I should have known better. We just got caught off guard with the cold, did not want to keep him crated all day and thought he should have something other than cold, frozen, snowy ground to sleep on. Now that he's earned indoor priviledges, I sort of laugh...this is Ami on a cold day with me trying to coax him inside:

Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Img_0017

Those damn little balls really haunted me that summer, though, and I still laugh at my stupidity for giving him the bean bag.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Amy, I bet we've all left some thing with our pups under good intentions only to find those intentions in about a millions pieces all over the place.Lolol I can't leave any type of blanket or mat in Red's crate that has stuffing in it cause she always shreds them and then we find fluff all over the place. Now I only get her blankies or sheets to cover her crate from the Goodwill because she likes shredding her linens all the time.

Ami looks so comfy in that spot. He's saying he's found his spot and needs to cool down his butt!!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 11:02 pm

Enjoying Lassie on tv.Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 20160211

Oops. She caught me taking her pic.Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 20160212
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red's Scrapbook   Red's Scrapbook - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Red's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next