It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 7:51 pm

MiyasMomma wrote:
Also the investigating, I love watching the two of them dig a hole together, or investigate something together.

Must be its not in your daffodil bed Rolling Eyes

For whatever reason, they've dug a hole, complete with at least a dozen bulbs flying...I fill it, they dig it, I fill it...ad infinitum. Now that Thanksgiving is over, tomorrow I'll be hauling a length of chicken wire out and stapling it to the ground.

Brats.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:33 am

Amy, no flower beds, but I have a very special peach tree, and every time Sofie goes to eat a leaf off, Miya chases her away. My persistence with Miya must have paid off, as in no Miya that's mommy's lol, or Miya just doesn't like eating leaves, lmao.......good luck with the chicken wire, hope you can get it done without the 4 legged assistance, haha.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 1:24 am

So Jimmy says I have been stingy on the pics, lol. I average 50 a day, but the last few weeks, the girls have been too fast to get any good ones, haha. Sofie will be 18 weeks old on Monday. She has started the dreadful I need to keep my paws clean in the water dish play, ugh. She has been 100% perfect in the potty department for two weeks now, hmmm, maybe 3 weeks. 0 accidents, yay!! she sleeps through the night, 9:30-6, so more sleep for me, another yay!! which corresponds with her potty, oddly enough. She is a big lover, and on occasion has even taken a few licks on Miya's face, which gives Miya the look of shock, haha. She is more talkative than Miya, how did this happen? She sounds like a bullfrog when she does her grrr, yaps like a hyena when playing with Miya. Moans and groans while sleeping, which sounds like an old man or a ghost, haha. The rest of her sounds are like a pack of coyotes. She puts herself into her crate when she thinks I am going to give her a time out, preemptive discipline. Most importantly she gives Miya and I the valuable noise this house needed. There's never a dull moment, and she has made Miya eat 95% of the time. Lastly, she has discovered how fun zoomies are......pics will be uploaded, as soon as I figure out where I left off, lol.

So for dinner Sofie's 3rd meal is not kibble, the girls get their raw. i hand feed them, and then they get their bones so hubby and I can eat our dinner, no beggars this way. They have to sit and wait, and this is a pic of them waiting.
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_0820

First few days of December it was cold, like in the 20's at night and upper 30's during the day, we got 7 inches of rain, and this is Miya swimming and prepping for zoomies. Not a great pic, because Sofie hides between my legs when Miya does her zoomies, so she doesn't get rolled, lol.
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_0821

So I had a series of pics of Miya stalking sofie, this is from a different day, well it happens every day haha, but this is from a different angle. Miya seems pretty innocent watching Sofie....
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_0910
BUT......
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_0911

some play pics.....

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_0913

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_0914

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_0915

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_0916

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_0917

a quick dose of fall
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1010

The never ending stick war
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1114

And yes Sofie wins this battle
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1115

Watching the world go by
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1116

Sofie is such a goofball, she can't figure out what Miya is looking at and can not take it anymore.....
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1117

and this my friends was my attempt at Christmas pics, haha. The bells drove Sofie crazy, and Miya decided to tell her to act right for momma, lol....
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1118

Whew....sorry for so many pics, and I had probably 50 more I could have added, lol.....until next time.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:33 am

She is growing so fast! Haha you made me laugh with the stalking pics, serously cute pic of jumping Miya Smile
Soon Miya will be able to stand under Sophie !
The watching the world go but pic is so sweet Smile you got so many good pics i cant even say enough about them all lol glad things are going so well! Maybe have them do a sit wait and have some bones for a xmas pic?? Thanks for sharing Renee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:39 am

Renee - isn't it wonderful having two? This is my life when Archer is here. And that pic of Miya with Sofie underneath - Archer STILL does that with Ami even though he is less than an inch shorter. Cracks me up every time lol!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:43 am

Amy it is. Miya needed an all the time buddy. Funny I see Sofie and Miya doing the same things that Ami and Archer do, from the funny stories you tell of them, I always lol, and tried to imagine it, now I get a first hand view. The innocent standing under Miya turns into I am biting your legs Miya, I am grabbing your belly Miya, Hey what's that, your tail, let me chew on that, haha. I LOVE IT!!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:50 am

MiyasMomma wrote:
Amy it is. Miya needed an all the time buddy. Funny I see Sofie and Miya doing the same things that Ami and Archer do, from the funny stories you tell of them, I always lol, and tried to imagine it, now I get a first hand view. The innocent standing under Miya turns into I am biting your legs Miya, I am grabbing your belly Miya, Hey what's that, your tail, let me chew on that, haha. I LOVE IT!!

The tail thing is my favorite - when Archer is chasing Ami, who seems to be a bit faster and more agile than Archer, sometimes the only thing he can catch is Ami's tail. Then they are zooming around the yard, Ami in front, Archer hangin' on to the tail. Then Ami speeds up and Archer is fast after him...with a mouth full of tail feathers. Then stops for an "acchhh achhh achhh" - like a cat with a hairball lol!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Renee, they are having so much fun together! I love each pic! "Watching the world go by" is one of my favorites, I see my two in that one as well, it always makes me wonder what's going on in those little heads of theirs, haha. The first pic, just as cute as can be, AND I think, the best way to get a great Christmas pic of them Wink . Love the pics Renee, every single one of them Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
"Watching the world go by" is one of my favorites,

We call it "surveying their domain" lol!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 1:46 pm

@Amy....Sofie's speed is getting better. she trails behind Miya, but not by much. There will be a day very soon when they are equal in size, and I imagine speed. Sofie has huge paws, lol, at least I am hoping they're big so she can keep up with Miya. Watching their domain works, when they lift their heads up to smell the air, I call it news of the world, haha.

@Jimmy....Thank You!! They are so much fun to watch, so watch with my camera. Smile I love how their markings are similar. I tried to capture that in the pic of them sitting next to each other. I love how one will stalk the other, it varies, sometimes Miya will stalk Sofie, and Sofie is learning to stalk Miya. She is also learning the play bow. I so want to capture them play bowing to each other, it is so cool to see.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 2:45 pm

I love these two girls! My favorites are #13 and #14 it's so cute seeig them sitting together after all the fighting/playing they just chill together Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Ah, Thank You Dave!! It is all husky play for sure, I seriously believe Sofie was a husky in a previous life, since all her shenanigans are husky like, haha. Miya and Sofie have similar personalities, which I find helpful. Sofie picks up a lot of Miya's "habits". Both are natural protectors, and for me that is a plus, out here in the country, that's why I got the pic of them sitting together. Miya heard something, and Sofie thought it best to stop playing and see what Miya was looking at. Sofie has actually "scared" me at night taking her out to potty, because she at times will refuse to potty, and bark and growl at????? When she does this she does not sound like a puppy. I have to admit though, I use a flash light, and I am beginning to think she is growling at her shadow, hahahahaha.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 4:56 pm

beautiful pictures of them playing. love the 13th and 14th pictures where they are sitting together watching the world go by and where they are looking in two different directions with a very cute Sofie looking at the Carma.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 5:22 pm

Thank you Ronin. My husband loves that pic too, and has it on the computer for our wall paper background. They make a cute team.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Renee, something i noticed in the next to last pic...the hole they dug is in the shape of a bone, LOLOL
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 10:32 pm

They are so cute together I love the one of them watching the world go by! She is growing up! Very cute!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 3:43 am

@Jimmy.....lmao, I noticed that too, haha. I think it's because Miya starts it and then walks off, Sofie goes for the digging in a different direction, I tell Miya..Sofie is digging your hole, and then Miya kicks Sofie out, hence bone shape.

@Zoe....She is growing up Sad It's starting to become a challenge to pick her up. She is so long, not so much heavy. I love how her coloring is turning out too. Her silver at her shoulders is exactly like Miya's, so they are similar, yet very different in colors and markings, very cool to me. Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 3:52 am

LOL Renee, youre an instigator! Wink
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 4:07 am

I am Jimmy, haha, it is just too funny tho. I have 2 balls that are the same, Miya's baby ball and Sofie's squeaker ball. Sofie loves to squeak the balls, She has 3 different kinds, and pick one up squeak, then the next and so on. well every so often she picks up baby ball, and no squeak, Miya killed it a long time ago, and yep, "Miya Sofie has baby ball", roflmao.......It is precious, Miya doesn't get angry, but just nonchalantly walks up to Sofie and gently takes it from her, and then brings it to me. Haha, I am an instigator, but it is so much fun. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 12:08 pm

Renee, Sofie is getting so big. Such a sweet girl, her and Miya look great together!
I love the picture of them "watching the world go by", they're both sitting so perfectly! Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Thank you Haley!! I never would have thought a pic of 2 dogs backs would look so good. Sofie is as much my shadow as she is Miya's, she loves to mimic and do what Miya is doing.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 3:24 am

Before jimmy says i haven't updated recently, lol. here are the last week or so pics. Sofie will be 5 months old on Monday, wow time flies, she's growing up so fast Sad

So Sofie found this big branch and Miya thought she should share
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1120

They kept taking it from eachother

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1122

Then many twigs fell off and the tug of war was on

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1123

Then we worked on play bows

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1210
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1211

Then a little digging

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1212

Sofie still happy with the stick
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1213

Then Sofie's "first" Miya roll, lol, not really, Miya just made it look good for Sofie

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1214

Sofie really believes that Miya is a horse

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1215

Follow the leader

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1216

Cool pic
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1217

Running
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1218

Just Chillin'
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1219

Good times
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1310

The last one I am hoping to duplicate every few weeks, so I can see Sofie's growth and Miya is a good "object" to see against,lol. Miya is wagging her tail, because daddy just got home, I put them in a sit and stay until he is in the yard.
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Sam_1311

sorry so many pics, i actually didn't post all the good ones, but I knew I had already posted too many, lol. Sofie is doing great. she knows a ton of commands, even some hand commands,  but I am baffled, I have worked with her quite a bit, and she doesn't understand lay down, I'm puzzled, Miya picked up on that real fast, and Sofie, not so much. Not the end of the world she will get it. Anyways, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 pm

I find that I use hand commands far more than verbal commands. It keeps them in the groove of looking at me a lot.

Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Mishka hates down. His least favorite.

Sophie has GROWN so much! Oh my goodness.

They are so cute together. Two peas. <3

MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 1:53 pm

She's so big! Logan has never really gotten the hang of "down" either and I don't know how to switch up our methods so he gets it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next