It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 11:54 am

I've been wanting to mention our situation to ya'll here, I always pass it over but todays the day I finally get to it. I know I have another thread going on, sorry.

So anyway, this is to all of you who got your pup from a breeder..I want to know what happened with the registration paper process.
Our particular contract said that Mylo had to be neutered eventually before getting the registration. It didn't specify a time it just said it has to be done. Back in May Mylo got neutered, messaged the breeder about it and sent her a scan copy for proof. I've been having all our messages since the neuter on my phone..so she said
"okay thats all I need. Haven't gotten them in just yet as soon as I do you can swing by and pick them up or mail them to you"
Then I said Awesome, I would love to pick them up when the time comes. That was May 21st.
Then when it was Mylo's birthday I used it as a perfect way to get in to asking how are the papers going…but her husband texted back saying she has gotten real sick and is trying to deal with all her customers. (October 9th) I did not reply to that.

How long did it take ya'll to get registration papers?
Does this sound this strange?

My girlfriend for one has gotten frustrated about this. She makes sense telling me we paid in full for Mylo to come with limited registration as we were told. I just feel like waiting it out until the breeder says something but I'm beginning to feel like it's been too long already like my gf says.
I'm unsure how to go about this.

It seems strange to me if she's avoiding or ignoring this especially with all the super complicated stuff that happened with Mylo in the beginning, she really helped us out and was always nice to us.
(if you've real Mylo's huge birthday post then you know about the complicated stuff)

Last edited by davecerv on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Dave, I find it kinda odd. I am in no means an expert here at all, lol. But Sofie is on limited registration, and our contract is slightly different, in that I do not have to send proof that she has been spayed when the time comes. I received notification from AKC through e-mail that my package is on its way, and will be mailed to me. In fact I already have her registration number. My breeder felt bad because he was in a time crunch, in that her has to do this for all of the litter, plus he trains, plus he has a family with 3 kids. Is your breeder older? As in retirement age, so that being sick would mean maybe longer than a week? Do you have her phone number, you should since often times by phone is the best way to contact a breeder. I would make a call, apologize and say you are just excited to see everything, and see how she responds. Hopefully those that are more experience in this can give you better insight than me.
Back to top Go down
AnyaLuv
Teenager
Teenager
AnyaLuv

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Papers don't take long at all. When we brought Anya home, the breeder had copies of her papers there and had me fill out the form to transfer ownership on the spot. I received confirmation paperwork from the AKC within 2 weeks.

If say she lost papers and needed to get them generated or replaced, maybe 3 weeks, tops.

I'll try my best to not be harsh...but from what you posted here and in your other posts, your breeder is pretty disreputable. I'm willing to bet your dog is not registered anywhere and papers will never be forthcoming.

No decent breeder lets puppies go to their new homes at 6 weeks (and it's illegal in most places), let alone the health issues he had at that point.

This isn't a knock against you or your pup--I'm sure you love him very much and that won't change. But I wouldn't hold out much hope for papers. Many puppy mills and backyard breeders promise them, then do just this, give the run around for months, then disappear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.siberiansamoyed.com
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Kat, that was said diplomatically. I too assume that this may be the case. Sorry Dave, but like I said, I already have my registration number, and just like Kat, when I picked up Sofie, I filled out the transfer papers, and 2 days later had a response from AKC stating that my package would be mailed. Sadly, and my last point here, AKC isn't everything, it is not as difficult as one might think to register a dog through AKC.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 12:48 pm

David, I'm going to chime in on this since it touches on personality - mine in particular - and maybe you can relate.

I'm sometimes somewhat of an insensitive brute - well, not really, but that's why I sometimes find myself in the same type of quandary as you are now.

If you have a common acquaintance, I'd ask about her health, discreetly of course.  Since you said that she was "always nice to us", I'm tending to think that there may be more going on there than simply "gotten real sick" (and I'm thinking in terms of something like cancer, etc)  If that, or similar, is the case then I think I'd make the effort to sympathetically ask the husband - who might not even be that interested in the dog stuff now - if there is some way to help her and him get the paperwork you want.

On the other hand - and there's going to be a third hand shortly - if you get the impression that she's simply avoiding you, for whatever reason, I'd pull out your contract and literally / figuratively <??> wave it in their faces.  You paid for it, you want it and it's a breach of contract for her to not come through.

On the other hand - I told you there was a third hand coming - since Mylo has been neutered and you're not working him, and the papers are really nothing except a lineage that comes to a dead end (he can't be bred) is the registration really important enough to you to get worked up over.  You're right, you've paid for the registration but let's face it, Mylo is a pet - I can't picture any case where you'd have to have the registration papers - so is it really worth getting worked up about?

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 4:35 pm

It's a bit odd Dave, but not necessarily shady. I can pretty much guarantee you that if you still owed a balance contingent on receiving the papers, you would have your papers. But since this transaction is over and done with for awhile now, it's just not a priority to her, especially if she is very ill. That's my guess anyways.

My breeder gave me copies of the contract, health guarantee, microchip registration forms, AKC stuff, shot record, etc. when I picked up Kohdi and Mishka. Somehow Mishka's AKC stuff I forgot there and she mailed it to me when she discovered it...but as with anything really, some people are just more on the ball than others, I don't really get the feeling your breeder is shady as far as just simply being unable to provide papers, I think she just isn't making it a priority. If it's not far away, maybe just show up there when you know she is recovered from her illness.

On a side note, I found Blitz and Anuschka by doing research on my original husky's papers...papers in our situation aren't "needed" but they're always nice to have
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 11:35 pm

Thanks for chiming in you guys! I should've made this thread sooner.
And I was waiting for the replies to build up to reply.

@MiyasMomma
Naa she isn't old, my guess is she's in her late 30s or early 40s.
She's doesn't work though, she has two daughters..a baby and a 10yr old. The husband does work, me and him had various convos about life and religion lol we went to their house a lot to visit Mylo up until we took him home. She's only about 40 miles from my house. I'm gonna either text or call her in November and start a convo like you said, I think it's a smooth way to do it. In fact a few weeks ago I found hot she had a new litter of pups. The first one this year I believe.

@AnyaLuv
She never claimed to have lost papers just that she "didn't have them yet". I now realize the harsh truth that she isn't reputable. 3 weeks tops? Sighh.
She only had 6 sibes if I remember correctly. I know that doesn't change anything but I felt like adding that in. And yeah we extremely love our beautiful Mylo, we wouldn't change him for anything in the world. But whenever it's time to get our 2nd husky, if we do the breeder thing again..this time we are going to do it right.

@Aljones
Yeah she was always nice to us, trusted us in her home and helped us through our situation. I think any other person would probably say too bad guys what happened happened. But then again she said she went through with helping so much because of how she got to know us. And yeah the waive the contract at their faces is the approach my gf has in mind but I don't think that's the right way to do it. She's like "I knew it, this paper stuff was a sham!"  
But honestly I don't care for the papers anymore, but I get what my gf is saying that he should have papers cause the contract said so. She says we could've just gotten a husky from craigslist in that case but how much of the cost of a dog is registration? If that question makes sense.

@Artic_Wind
Yeah Mylo came with a big bag and box of stuff like that but no AKC stuff that I remember, I also remember asking her about the papers prior to paying the deposit and she said "proof of neuter must be sent before anything is done, the contract states the same". I know the papers aren't "needed" but it's a promised thing that keeps looming around.

Last edited by davecerv on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 9:17 am

It does seem a bit odd that you've been on this little roller coaster with your breeder trying to get papers.

Even though Mishka didn't come from a great breeder, I got his papers when I picked him up. The breeder had them filled out and everything, I just had to actually finish the registration process. Now funny enough I cannot find them. lol but I have the email and a digital copy that AKC sent me so I guess that's better than nothing. And honestly they don't mean much unless you want to compete in AKC events, but you can still do that by registering as a AKC Pal.

Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 10:38 am

Ugh I don't have any advice but I can definitely understand how you guys feel. I think your girlfriend is right. You paid for him and held up your end of the bargain there is no excuse for not receiving everything you agreed on. Loki's papers were ready when I picked him up. If he hadn't chewed them up I would have something to beat people at the park with when they act like I'm an idiot for saying he is purebred lol.

It doesn't really matter if you're not participating in akc events but it is a nice little thing to have. Kind of sentimental I guess? Kind of like your mom keeping your fourth grade perfect attendance certificate for a decade or something. All I'm saying is I totally get it, lol.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 6:35 pm

that's very odd, i got Leo's akc papers about 2 days latter in the mail, and i also received a digital copy a few hours after we picked him up at the airport from are breeder she also called to make sure he was okay and to let us know they were in the mail and were send via email.
i too agree with Danielle, it just cool to have.

Last edited by RedFlashFire05 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 11:37 am

@simplify
Yeah we don't have intentions of showing him, he's just our furry son lol

@Rumflower
Wow so Loki chewed them up?? crazy boy.
But yeah to me it's like it would be cool to have them but ehhh, but my gf sees it more seriously…clearly yall can see who's more with the laid back attitude here haha.
And my mother still has stuff like that from when I was in my early years of elementary lol
I remember one time I found this thing I wrote in 1st grade about how much I liked hot wings haha.

@RedFlashFire05
Yeah they seem cool to have indeed
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 1:17 pm

Dave, it's not just showing conformation. That's any akc sanctioned events such as agility, rally, cat/lure coursing.

It is nice to have and to know but it seems at this point it is a lost cause unless she miraculously provides them to you before the end of the year. You held up your end of the contract. I just think it's shitty of her to keep leading you guys on like this.

davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 1:39 pm

simplify wrote:
Dave, it's not just showing conformation. That's any akc sanctioned events such as agility, rally, cat/lure coursing.

It is nice to have and to know but it seems at this point it is a lost cause unless she miraculously provides them to you before the end of the year. You held up your end of the  contract. I just think it's shitty of her to keep leading you guys on like this.

I'm gonna contact her again in November and maybe I should be straight up with her if it's a lost cause. Like I said earlier she just had a new litter so I can ask about that and then ask about health and ten go on with the paper convo.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Just my house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] 2144500265 about my experience:

We got Layla from a reputable breeder. When we picked her up at eight weeks, her breeder and I signed the contract, I received a copy and she had hers, and I was given the AKC form to mail in. It had already been partially filled in, and then I just had to fill in my info, Layla's registered name, and mail it in with the fee to AKC. We received her papers a couple weeks later.

IMO, this is how it should go. The breeder should have a streamlined process, not make things difficult. Sorry you're getting the runaround and going through this. Sad You DO have a contract, though, and her holding the registration from you is in breach of that contract, so at least you have some leverage.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Just curious Liz, my breeder did it all he paid for the fee. When we picked her up same as you I filled out the remainder, and he was taking care of the rest for me, got confirmation that he paid the fee through AKC e-mail. Got copies until AKC sends me the package. My curiosity is how much is the fee? I have no idea, since like I said he paid for it. I wonder if that is why Dave is having the runaround, maybe she can't pay the fee?
Back to top Go down
Echo's_mom
Newborn
Newborn
Echo's_mom

Female Join date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 2:34 pm

I had the same experience as Liz for both of my pups. The breeder had partially filled out the form and all I had to do was finish filling it out and mail it in.

Renee, the fee is $30 if you just want to register the pup and I think $45 if you want an official pedigree. Also, the price goes up to $65 if you wait longer than a year after the litter was registered.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks Vanessa, I guess my breeder does things differently, I was so happy he paid for the fees, so I didn't have to, it was included in the price I paid for her. If this is the case for Dave though, I think it's pretty bad, that she is doing this to Dave, i am sure if she said hey Dave I can't pay the fee, already spent the money, Dave would probably tell her no problem, give me the papers and I will do it myself. Like you said price goes up after a year.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 9:28 am

Sorry I didn't answer sooner! Yep, Vanessa is right. I believe it's $30, and then if you want a copy of the pedigree it's an additional $10 or something for five (?) generations. I got a copy and have it in Layla's files; I haven't looked at it in a while. Razz The AKC registration fee amounts change all the time, though, so it could've changed since we registered Layla two years ago.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:35 pm

$65 after a year? it's been longer than a year since Mylo was born already obviously. Sighh this is such a lost case! I should still just message her again just to clear things out right?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:42 pm

davecerv wrote:
$65 after a year? it's been longer than a year since Mylo was born already obviously. Sighh this is such a lost case! I should still just message her again just to clear things out right?

Yes, you should.

I have mine but I never registered them. I registered Anuschka's brother Blitz, but not Anuschka cuz they were brother and sister so family tree thing was the same. I never formally registered Malukhai either but the papers are nice to have in case you ever need to in the future for whatever reason or...just because. Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Yes Dave I agree, here is the break down for me. I picked Sofie up on the 19th, finished papers with breeder, 21st got confirmation thru e-mail from AKC, 23rd AKC mailed registration to me, 29th received Sofie's registration paper from AKC. there are many reasons why she didn't do it, and I would call her out on it, ask are they AKC registrable? Did she spend the money and can not afford to pay for it, and the list could go on. You get my point, you paid for it and you want to know why she didn't follow through, you did on your end, everything that was required, paid in full, proof of neuter. Good Luck and let us know what happens.
Back to top Go down
AnyaLuv
Teenager
Teenager
AnyaLuv

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 3:12 pm

The papers have come in handy for me in terms of rentals and insurance...the landlord thought she was an Akita, which they have a ban against, so I used the papers to prove she was NOT an Akita. My insurance company needed proof of her breeding for her to be covered (they did not cover so-called "aggressive" breeds").

Huskies frequently get mistaken for Akitas, wolves, wolf hybrids, etc, so having the papers is helpful if you're looking to rent/get homeowner's insurance. I've had neighbors who called the HOA office to report a wolf in the complex, and I've had to share her paperwork a few times.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 5:07 pm

I'm sorry, but an Akita, really?! People really need more education about dogs ... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AnyaLuv
Teenager
Teenager
AnyaLuv

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Hahahaha very true! We've gotten White German Shepherd, Akita, Chow, American Eskimo...one person asked if she was a Pomeranian and I laughed a lot

I now tell people she's an artic fox...sadly, most people believe me
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 3:42 am

@AnyaLuv
Ohhh that would come in handy in the future! I never thought about that proof of breed power against ignorant people….akita lol! I got that once when Mylo was a younger puppy..
Oh my goodness artic fox!? fools! lol!

Oh and guys if I don't respond here sometimes, dont think Im ignoring or anything. I check the forum countless times a day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]   house - Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house] Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk contracts and registration.[UPDATE-going to the breeders house]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next