It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home Empty
PostSubject: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:58 pm

I didn't grab the camera to get it from the beginning, but they wait at the door when they hear the garage door open and close.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:09 am

Awwww, I love it! You guys are so sweet and you can tell that your hubby truly loves the doggies just like you =) Sully looks great though and like such a sweety!!! Poor baby...he's lucky to be with you guys!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 am

MelissaI wrote:
Awwww, I love it! You guys are so sweet and you can tell that your hubby truly loves the doggies just like you =) Sully looks great though and like such a sweety!!! Poor baby...he's lucky to be with you guys!

Thanks! We can only hope he likes the temporary home we've given him...He is a very sweet boy with still a lot of life left in him!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:38 am

Oh you can tell that he has lots of life left! It breaks my heart that the husband wants to put him down. You can clearly tell that he's NOT ready to be put down anytime soon! Ginger seems to like him too. Is she doing ok with him?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:45 am

Play time!

They went on for about a half hour until I had to break it up. I just didn't want Sully to be too sore tomorrow. If they were outside, Ginger would be playing way more rough, and on the carpet, he's a little more stable. We ended up moving furniture to open up the living room area for them to play.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:46 am

(I think I should've edited those last few seconds....oops!)

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:52 am

How could you not love that greeting??? Too cute!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:04 am

Aww, they're so happy to see your hubby! Now that's a proper welcome home! Sully makes Ginger look so little!

Man, in that second video, I've never seen such mild "play" between 2 huskies! They hardly moved but are panting like they've just got back from an all day sledding job. Laughing They make such a cute pair. Looks like both Ginger and Sully enjoy each others company.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:11 am

That is VERY mild. Mainly because of Sully...he's an old mellow boy. If they were outside, Ginger wants to play rough, but Sully won't have it. He'll walk away. But in the house, Sully will instigate play, and that's how it ends up being...and Sully's personality comes out Smile

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:14 am

I agree! They do seem to enjoy each other! Claudia, if Sully's owners don't want him back...would you be willing to keep him? I mean, I know he's older and the financial burden is a lot given his situation, but he seems to totally fit into your pack! Ginger might miss him Wink
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 am

What's up with Sully's tail?! That is too cute, I've never seen one hang so far out to one side all the time. Laughing

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:32 am

Huskyluv wrote:
What's up with Sully's tail?! That is too cute, I've never seen one hang so far out to one side all the time. Laughing

We were wondering the same thing! JD says, 'I bet his tail has been like that since he hurt his leg to let his owners know about his leg because it's pointing to his ouchie leg.' Smile

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:09 am

They do look really cute together, what 2 fun videos

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:21 am

awww Sully definitely looks like he's loving you all Smile What a sweet old man!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:40 am

Huskyluv wrote:
Aww, they're so happy to see your hubby! Now that's a proper welcome home! Sully makes Ginger look so little!

JD loves it!
Sully will even howl when he's getting ready to go for a walk in the evening with JD!

Amy did say Sully is big and overweight, but I thought she meant big because he's overweight. Little did I know he's just big! And yes, I look at Ginger these days and say, 'You're so little!' LOL!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Oh no... I saw this and now I'm like "Omg, she should totally keep him." He is SO CUTE!! That is NOT a dog that is ready to be put down and he doesn't look like he's in pain at all!! Okay, crawling back into my silent supportive hole now...

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Koda wrote:
Oh no... I saw this and now I'm like "Omg, she should totally keep him." He is SO CUTE!! That is NOT a dog that is ready to be put down and he doesn't look like he's in pain at all!! Okay, crawling back into my silent supportive hole now...

Isn't he just sweet?!
I really think he's responding to Adequan well. He still has trouble putting weight on for the first few steps when he gets up from laying down for a while, but after that, he'll walk on it with barely a limp.

I'm really torn.
I have yet to speak to Amy (owner). She's trying to figure out if she can afford to keep him on Adequan.

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Awww - I love it!! Sully is such a handsome, sweet boy!! I can't believe his dad thinks it'd be OK to put him down. :-( Still sending you all the very best!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:36 pm

We're all hoping for the best, Sully!! Claudia we support you no matter what the decision may be. I think we just all want Sully to be happy.

Perhaps sending her a videos of him playing will encourage her to find money to afford the Adequan and not put him down?

In all honesty though I hope someone will rehome him. I don't want him to go back to them. Sad

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:06 pm

I did send her the YouTube Links of Ginger and Sully gretting JD at the door and of them playing so she could share it with her 5 1/2 year old who's asking 'where's Sully?' the little kid doesn't understand why Sully isn't with them and is told Sully is at the doggysitters.

I talked to my vet to price out Adequan so I can at least let owner know what it will cost her for maintenance.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:39 pm

I can't believe this...still no call or email from Amy!!
Now she's starting to piss me off...I have a feeling that she has even mentioned any of this situation to her hubby yet.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:59 pm

No That's really crappy of her. You deserve a response.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Sad hope you get a response soon
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Who knows, maybe it could be for the best if she goes unclaimed and thus can be adopted out by the rescue. Razz Wishful thinking on my part. Laughing

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Wow, she's being very cold hearted to not say something else!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home Empty

Back to top Go down

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next