It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kayliyth
Newborn
Newborn
Kayliyth

Female Join date : 2016-03-02

cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! Empty
PostSubject: Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats!   cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 4:01 am

My wife and I have two beautiful cats, they are purebred Canadian Sphynx. Super cool info about the sphynx: Its a ressive gene that caused two of some Canadian dude's Devinshire rexes to produce these cats. By breeding two sphynx cats together that's how you get more. They are associated with the TICA -the international cat associate, its like the AKC, CKC, and the UKC (plus all the others) but its for cats apparently. This was back in Toronto in the 60's or 70's. Sometimes when you breed two sphynxes you get a hairy sphynx, most of the time you don't. They have a mix of siamese, devenshire and something else I can't remember.

Unlike regular cats they're super into people and are very affectionate. Due to their lack of fur they aren't meant to be outside cats, rather they are meant to warm their toes by your fireplace.

Allow me to introduce Navi! She's just over a year. When she was still with her breeder (a good, reputable breeder who does all the appropriate checks for cats), Navi got scratched in the eye by her brother playing. Then, as her eye was healing up, she got stuck in a false wall and had to be broken out, her poor eye got drywall dust in it and had to eventually be removed as it was not getting better with appropriate treatment. She was very young, and as for such doesn't seem to miss the eye or even care. She's a regular crazy kitty. Her momma is from Poland, and there was issues with her paperwork so Navi isn't registered with the TICA (though her dad is), but she is a lovely Blue Seal Point....Or as well call her "elephant butt", really its a term of endearment lol!

cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! Img_2010 Navi just after we got her at 12 weeks old. Chatty little baby, loves to talk!

cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! 20160210 Navi helping Eos destroy our bed, most recently (Eos is hiding in the blankets).

Navi is very very smooth, you can't feel her hair, though if you look really closely you'll notice she has 'peach fuzz' most places, except her nose, it has colouring very similar to a cougar or mountain lion.

Eos is her half sister, they share their father, but not their mothers. Eos is a chatty two eyed creme tort. Or is it cream reverse tort? I don't know, she's creamy and tort like lol. She has a bit more hair (you can mostly feel it not see it), it is very coarse and wirey. We think its because its winter, we'll see when summer hits.

Her meow sounds like she always has a sore throat or hasn't meowed in forever, not the case! The vet says she just has a 'distinguished' meow lol. Together Navi and Eos make up a heard of elephants, as that's what they sound like when they get the cat zoomies and run from one end of the house, jumping over things, to the next.

cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! 20150910 Eos is staring right at the camera, this is shortly after we brought her home. Navi and her had a few 'choice' words, but figured snuggling was better than arguing.

cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! 20160211 As you see she's helping Navi destroy our bed, they routinely take the blankets off. Grr.

They both have VERY blue eyes which is common, they're not deaf...Well okay you may THINK they are cause of selective hearing, but I assure you they can hear you...They just don't give a care =P

And now more for your entertainment (Navi is the fat, darker grey one).

cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! 20150911 -Checkin' out the new sister
cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! 20150912 -Cause that's a comfy way to sleep?!
cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! 20151013 -I must agree Navi does make a comfy pillow (though very temporary)
cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! 20160310 -If we close our eyes she can't tell we're sleeping on her (taken tonight, I laid down and became a cat bed and grooming salon, thanks for the butt in the face Eos!)
Back to top Go down
whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

Female Join date : 2016-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats!   cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 12:18 pm

They are beautiful! I've always been fascinating by the hairless breeds of cats. I didn't know their origins, so thank you for sharing that! What do they look like when they have fur?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats!   cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Has missing the eye affected Navi's jumping? My parents have a bird dog who had her eye stobbed out on a hunt and it really messed with her depth perception for a long while. I always thought the hairless cats looked like they would feel neat.

Newborn
Newborn
Kayliyth

Female Join date : 2016-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats!   cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 1:10 pm

@White I've not seen one but I'd theyd look like this.

cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! 67105810 which is a devon rex. But honestly I don't know! Lol. And no problem I always wanted one and every tells me they're demons. Education is the best way to help with curiosity!

@Twister not that we can tell. She had it done around...hmmm 6-8 week period and makes it around corners and onto things better than Eos at times...mind you thats probably from playing, silly cats. She's a terrible bug hunter though. They feel...like...hmmm...like a down to the skin shaved puppy really. Navi feels super smooth and warm, Eos feels coarse especially on her rump area. We call her fuzzbutt cause of it. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats!   cats - Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats! Empty

Back to top Go down

Navi and Eos, tag team hairless cats!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1