It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

First bath for Loki

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JessicaR
Newborn
Newborn
JessicaR

Female Join date : 2016-03-16

First bath for Loki Empty
PostSubject: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 2:40 pm

I gave Loki his first bath today, OMG you would have thought I was water boarding the poor pup! lol! As soon as the water hit him he screamed and howled like I was killing him, he kept this up for the duration of the bath. Once I got him out of the tub he quit screaming, well the joke was on him, it was time to be put on the grooming table and be blow dried affraid Needless to say he wasn't fond of the forced air dryer either, but in the end some turkey deli meat made everything better. sunny I just hope in time he gets used to it and doesn't scream, I don't think the neighbors would be too happy to hear a screaming dog when I take him outside during his big coat blows and blow away the fur.

Oh and he isn't too crazy about the dremal tool either.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:47 pm

We gave Ami a shower bath last month after the skunk incident...he howled, yowled, whined and cried like I was gutting him alive.  Not to mention the twisty, turny flip flops...we had to wrap his leash around him like a harness and tether him to me...while hubby blocked exit from the shower. Two soaking people, one dripping wooly husky...2 days of laundry to wash and dry everything.

I hope it gets better for you...I have my doubts.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 4:23 pm

kenzi puts up the most sorrowful fit you have ever heard when she gets a bath also. She starts out shaking and then starts making this half howl half whine sound. It's just awful.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 6:03 pm

TwisterII wrote:

then starts making this half howl half whine sound. It's just awful.

Yeah...that about describes it.
Back to top Go down
Mark Grubbs
Teenager
Teenager
Mark Grubbs

Male Join date : 2016-01-10

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 6:34 pm

A week ago, Zhukov decided to roll around in the mud and dirt. He wasn't too filthy (that coat is amazing, it just sheds dirt right off), however, I decided to give him a bath. He too acted like I was pouring acid all over him, and when he shook..... Well it looked like I had just sprayed the shower head in every possible direction. He also HATES having his nails trimmed! Can't wait for the warm weather so I can wash him outside!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Mark Grubbs wrote:
A week ago, Zhukov decided to roll around in the mud and dirt.  He wasn't too filthy (that coat is amazing, it just sheds dirt right off), however, I decided to give him a bath.  He too acted like I was pouring acid all over him, and when he shook.....  Well it looked like I had just sprayed the shower head in every possible direction.  He also HATES having his nails trimmed!  Can't wait for the warm weather so I can wash him outside!

I once asked "how do you give a bath to a 73 pound husky..." This is the answer, which I have written down on my fridge, courtesy of Jalepeno:

Answer:
Take all rugs, towels and art work out of bathroom.
Human take off clothes or wear bathing suit.
Put rolled up towels on other side of bathroom door so house does not flood.
Attach leash to faucet in tub so husky cannot escape.
PREPARE FOR MAJOR WRESTLING MATCH WITH WET, SOAPY HUSKY!

When you have finished, do not forget to wipe down ceiling.

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t15037-tips-how-to-bath-siberian-husky
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:05 am

OMG he is so cute Smile

Kohdi and Mishka are completely silent for their baths...only time I don't hear a word coming from Kohdi, lol. But they are hating every second of it! I put mine in the shower (I have the hand held attachment) and Mishka reluctantly walks right in...Kohdi on the other hand, first I have to *catch* him, then pick his fluffy ass up and carry him, THEN when we get to the door of the bathroom, he puts out all his legs so they press on the door frame so we can't go in, then I have to, while holding him still, use one hand to get one leg/paw off the door frame, then as I go to do the other he puts the other one back...this goes on for a bit, THEN when I manage to get him thru the door, it starts all over again with the shower door, door frame First bath for Loki 1625187496 eventually I win, get him in there....then I have to catch my breath before we can get started. Then he just stands there with the most tortured look in his face and posture, in total silence. I kinda wish they would cry out or something, LOLOL
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:18 am

Jimmy... thank you for the chuckle. The visual is hilarious... sort of like Ami only it took 2 of us. And I still don't know how he managed to squirm out of our grip, squirrel around somehow up and over or down and under, get out of the shower...and shake,shake shake!
Back to top Go down
Mark Grubbs
Teenager
Teenager
Mark Grubbs

Male Join date : 2016-01-10

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:24 am

It is weird. Zhukov loves to be outside in the snow, sleet, and rain. However, get him near that bathroom and it is like you are leading him to the firing squad. I have only given him ONE bath, yet now he won't go near the bathroom if I am in it. (unless he hears me peeing, and then he pushes the door open and stares at me.... creepy)
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

Male Join date : 2016-02-08

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 2:13 am

The first time we bathed Loki he was SCREAMING. Like we were murdering him. He hated it. The second time he was better, no screaming but he did cry. The third bath he cried and still fought us but better still. So far it has been getting better, now we can rinse the mud off and he is pretty ok with it. Its not his favorite thing to do and he still cries and tries to jump out, but it got better for us.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 2:25 am

That is so funny Jimmy, Cora just howls the whole time it's not terrible, just a tad annoying after 10 minutes. Her nails are pretty good I just ask her to lay down on her side and do them that way.
Back to top Go down
DougM
Newborn
Newborn
DougM

Male Join date : 2016-03-20

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Wait.. this may sound stupid. Do huskies not like the water?
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Some do some don't it's more about that whole bathing process of washing them and drying them.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 10:36 pm

DougM wrote:
Wait.. this may sound stupid. Do huskies not like the water?

Ami loves the kiddy swimming pool we fill for him in the summer. I put the hose nozzle under the water and he wildly digs and digs and digs. Looks happy as a clam as he gets soaked.

Walking the country roads in the spring? Loves, loves, loves the ditches full of water.

Happily trounces through any and all puddles.

Lake or beach? Pounces and digs and splashes...right up until the water reaches his belly and he starts to float. Than he gets that whale-eye look and skedattles out.

Bath? Well, lets just say he's had 1.1 baths in 2.5 years. The first I attempted...just 'cause it seemed like everyone on here was bathing their pups and well, maybe I should, too. That was rapidly abandoned as he twisted and turned and jumped and squiggled and yowled, screamed, cried and I don't know how to describe the noises he made. Like I was gutting him alive. The 2nd was mandatory: Skunk encounter. Husband and I together. Same as the first aborted bath only we stoically (foolishly?!!?) continued our appointed task.

Bath for Ami is not for the faint of heart or frail of body. He will be spot cleaned when necessary and bathed only when the next skunk makes its appearance. At least with possum poop, spot cleaning works. The skunk spray covered too much territory.
Back to top Go down
JessicaR
Newborn
Newborn
JessicaR

Female Join date : 2016-03-16

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 9:21 am

Well Loki has no problem playing out in the pouring rain. Rolling Eyes

I was told by a dog groomer that she always had trouble with bathing huskies, they always scream like they are being murdered. She said she has been bit several times by huskies and no longer accept them in her practice.
Back to top Go down
Jenah
Puppy
Puppy
Jenah

Female Join date : 2016-03-30

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 8:30 am

We always have to play rock, paper, scissors when we bathe Kai. Loser gets tub duty (and covered in claw marks). Mako jumps in the shower/bath whenever either of us are in there. Boy loves the water.
Back to top Go down
AryaGirl
Puppy
Puppy
AryaGirl

Female Join date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyFri May 20, 2016 11:52 pm

Arya hated it but she just kind of stood there and accepted it, lol. She'll go to a groomer anyways because i'm not very good at giving baths and they make your dog smell and feel so nice.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki EmptyMon May 23, 2016 11:21 am

Oh my goodness, huskies are cats I tell you! Haha
I've said it several times before here that Mylo hates rain and wet surfaces.
I got him a little kiddie pool a while back and he was not interested..my dream of seeing him having fun in the water were crushed lol My girlfriend told me she wants to try bathing Mylo this next time..I'm like okay go for it! I'll buy the things that are needed. She doesn't like it when Mylo gets dropped off at the groomer...she never goes with me to drop him off cause she feels bad leaving him with strangers. I however feel at ease a the place I take him to since I got to take a tour of the facility beforehand, big plus. So maybe in a couple of months I'll be posting a near murder bathing Mylo post haha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First bath for Loki   First bath for Loki Empty

Back to top Go down

First bath for Loki

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1