A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Bodhi and Michael!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM - December : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Bodhi and Michael,
our November HOTM Winners!
Autumn Bliss!





Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Texas Sled Dog Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys


Share | .
 

 Greetings from San Antonio Texas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dianasaur
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Male Join date : 2016-05-05
Location : San Antonio Texas

PostSubject: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!   Tue May 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Hello everyone! This here is Mr. Harry Houdini (Houdini) and we just adopted him in Nov. 2015! We are first time dog owners so it's been an experience. He's such a sweet boy and loves to go on long walks, sniff around and pee on everything outside, even when he has no more pee. Thank God he is house trained! A little background about him, he was actually a stray found wandering around a local University. Campus security posted signs all over the neighborhood and no one claimed him. This is how we came to the fortune of adopting him. I think he is about a year old, that's what the vet said judging by his teeth but we were wondering, just out of curiosity, if he's even full blooded Siberian Husky? I mean he looks the part but compared to other photos online or on this forum, he seems a bit different. His tail is like a Swiffer duster and his ears a little further apart than most. We were recently approached by another owner about breeding and we let them know this info upfront since we don't want to be misleading, and that's the only reason I'm asking really.
He likes to lay on the couch and play with my 4 year old son and myself by jumping around and barking. I'm happy to be a part of this form both as a new pet owner and husky owner!




Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
avatar

Male Join date : 2014-07-23
Location : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!   Tue May 10, 2016 9:01 pm

Welcome to the forum Smile

Houdini is beautiful! Looking at him, I thought full husky in the first pic, but the second pic has me wondering if he might have some Malamute blood in him. Either way, both northern dogs and he's absolutely beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!   Tue May 10, 2016 10:38 pm

I can't see his legs - or rather behind them but from his face and your description of his tail, he may be a wooly siberian husky. Which is what I have - here's a pic. See how fluffy the tail is, the "feathers" on the backsides of his legs...and look at my avatar, you can see the long fur around the face.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2014-06-26
Location : west Texas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!   Wed May 11, 2016 4:05 am

I agree with Jimmy, the ear placement is quite wide, which is typical for mals. Mainly husky, but I would say some mal there too. Pretty pup and welcome to the forum.....and not to be a Debbie downer, but huskies and mals are in rescues all the time, because people do not understand the work involved, especially puppies, please rethink on breeding, plenty of professional quality breeders out there, jmho.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
avatar

Female Join date : 2013-06-14
Location : Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!   Wed May 11, 2016 10:49 am

If he isn't fixed, I would get him fixed. It will help with the peeing everywhere and also give you a solid out when some person requests you breed him when they haven't done their homework on what it takes to be a responsible breeder. I absolutely hate when people ask me if I'm interested in breeding my girl because she's pretty. I just want to yell at them that it takes more than pretty looks to put out healthy pups. He is beautiful, but I too think a hint of Mal. Enjoy him being a part of the family. They are always a fun addition. Welcome to the forum!

_________________
Back to top Go down
dianasaur
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Male Join date : 2016-05-05
Location : San Antonio Texas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!   Wed May 11, 2016 11:21 am

@amymeme wrote:
I can't see his legs - or rather behind them but from his face and your description of his tail, he may be a wooly siberian husky.  Which is what I have - here's a pic.  See how fluffy the tail is, the "feathers" on the backsides of his legs...and look at my avatar, you can see the long fur around the face.

Wow! Houdini has "feathers" on the back of his legs too! I'm glad I have a bit more insight on the type of Husky he is now! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
dianasaur
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Male Join date : 2016-05-05
Location : San Antonio Texas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!   Wed May 11, 2016 11:24 am

@MiyasMomma wrote:
I agree with Jimmy, the ear placement is quite wide, which is typical for mals. Mainly husky, but I would say some mal there too. Pretty pup and welcome to the forum.....and not to be a Debbie downer, but huskies and mals are in rescues all the time, because people do not understand the work involved, especially puppies, please rethink on breeding, plenty of professional quality breeders out there, jmho.

Yeah I feel weird about the whole "breeding" concept. I mean I feel like a dog pimp ya know? That's just me but my husband and I though we may consider it this once so he can have a friend with us keeping a puppy.
Back to top Go down
dianasaur
Newborn
Newborn
avatar

Male Join date : 2016-05-05
Location : San Antonio Texas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!   Wed May 11, 2016 11:25 am

@TwisterII wrote:
If he isn't fixed, I would get him fixed. It will help with the peeing everywhere and also give you a solid out when some person requests you breed him when they haven't done their homework on what it takes to be a responsible breeder. I absolutely hate when people ask me if I'm interested in breeding my girl because she's pretty. I just want to yell at them that it takes more than pretty looks to put out healthy pups. He is beautiful, but I too think a hint of Mal. Enjoy him being a part of the family. They are always a fun addition. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Greetings from San Antonio Texas!   

Back to top Go down
 

Greetings from San Antonio Texas!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» pickle barrel for composting
» Hi from San Antonio, Tx
» Hello from San Antonio TX
» Vermiculite in Southeast Texas
» Greetings from Texas

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-