It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dog had babies **New puppy!**

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ainza Jose
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2016-05-19

Dog had babies **New puppy!** Empty
PostSubject: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyWed May 25, 2016 1:00 pm

My Husky just had babies on Sunday morning, another family gave her to me after she got pregnant because they couldn't take care of her and they didn't know a thing about dog pregnancy. I took her to the vet a few times for some checkups to make sure that everything was alright. All the babies are staying in the family (cousins, aunts and I'm keeping one for myself). She had 4 males (2 brownish and 2 black with white) and 2 females (2 black with white). I'll post pics once I figure out how to do so.

PS: I'm keeping a black & white male.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyWed May 25, 2016 7:03 pm

Congratulations - I think ... Even though you've had some relatively minor problems with her it sounds like you're a better fit for her than where she came from.  And thanks for taking the initiative to make sure she was taken care of during her pregnancy.  So many people seem to think that "they've been having puppies forever, what's the problem?"

Now, with being nice out of the way, you know that she is really way to young to be having a litter ... at just over a year old, she's little more than a baby herself (and I know you didn't have any control over that).

You've got your work cut out for you for the next couple of months - 8 weeks or more before you want to let them go to their new homes.  Puppies learn so very, very much during those last couple of weeks (around the 8 week mark) and if you can keep the relatives from wanting to get their puppy sooner you'll be doing everyone a favour.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyWed May 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Cool, congrats on the litter and for accepting the responsibility your dog brought in from the previous owners. To reiterate what aljones said, don't let any of the puppies away before 8 weeks old. They're going to need that time to build up socialization skills/immune systems. I'm not an expert but I believe that over the next 8 weeks they're going to need 1-2 rounds of shots, and the puppies will be weened onto normal food at around 4 weeks old (I think). Definitely remain in contact with your vet, he/she will know the best way to appropriately raise the litter moving forward and can be a great asset.

Do you know anything about the dad in particular? One of the risks with breeding huskies before they're two years old is that they could have genetic diseases that will be passed onto the puppies. You really can't test for these diseases (hip dysplasia, Corneal Dystrophy, etc.) until the dog is two years old either. I would definitely get all of the dogs tested when they're old enough, just to be safe.

Properly raising puppies from birth isn't a cheap endeavor, but I'm glad to hear that your up to the challenge and am confident you'll do a great job. If you ever need any advice we'll always be here on the forums, good luck!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Okay Ainza, you've had almost a week with those puppies - where's the pictures?? How's momma doing with the nursing. I had one VERY young female I rescued from the pound before I left Houston who was pregnant and didn't seem to have any idea about how to nurse. I literally had to bring her to the pups (and sometimes hold her there) so they could nurse.

Back to top Go down
Ainza Jose
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:51 pm

aljones wrote:
Okay Ainza, you've had almost a week with those puppies - where's the pictures??  How's momma doing with the nursing.  I had one VERY young female I rescued from the pound before I left Houston who was pregnant and didn't seem to have any idea about how to nurse.  I literally had to bring her to the pups (and sometimes hold her there) so they could nurse.

Hi, sorry about not posting pictures, I can't figure out how to post them yet Neutral Laughing scratch
The mom is doing fine, she's laying down with them most part of the day. They always seem to take turns to eat, they're hungry little puppies and they're growing fast.

AMB- They showed me pictures of the dad, he's a big fella, about 3 years old. He looked healthy but I don't have that much info on him.

Thank you for the replies guys, Maila has been doing way better since I got her, more energetic and playful. I'm sure it was a good decision to bring her home with me.
Back to top Go down
whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

Female Join date : 2016-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyThu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

I want to see photos too! This is how you post pictures on these forums.

Look for little icons like these:

Dog had babies **New puppy!** Step_110

If you have your photos hosted on another site, select the icon on the right and enter the URL of the image. If you don't have the photos hosted somewhere else, select the icon on the left because it'll let you upload the photos here.

When you do that, you'll see a window like this pop up.

Dog had babies **New puppy!** Step_210

Press the green button to locate the files on your computer. Once they're selected, press the blue "Send All" button. That will upload your images. The window will tell you when they're all uploaded.

At that point, a new button will show up that will say "Insert All," and it's gray.

Dog had babies **New puppy!** Step_312

When you press it, it will put all the images into your post for you so you can show us the puppies!
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyThu May 26, 2016 3:52 pm

whitehusky3 wrote:
I want to see photos too! This is how you post pictures on these forums.

Look for little icons like these:

Dog had babies **New puppy!** Step_110

If you have your photos hosted on another site, select the icon on the right and enter the URL of the image. If you don't have the photos hosted somewhere else, select the icon on the left because it'll let you upload the photos here.

When you do that, you'll see a window like this pop up.

Dog had babies **New puppy!** Step_210

Press the green button to locate the files on your computer. Once they're selected, press the blue "Send All" button. That will upload your images. The window will tell you when they're all uploaded.

At that point, a new button will show up that will say "Insert All," and it's gray.

Dog had babies **New puppy!** Step_312

When you press it, it will put all the images into your post for you so you can show us the puppies!

I can't tell you how many times there have been new members on here with no idea on how to upload photos. Those screenshot snippets and directions are very useful, if there isn't one already you should make a "how to upload photos" thread and get a mod to sticky it. Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyThu May 26, 2016 5:22 pm

In the top left hand corner of the screen there is a 'How to upload pictures' sticky. It probably wouldn't hurt to update a little though since we have a new uploader and it has some limitations. Huge photos have to be made smaller before adding them to the new uploader.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyThu May 26, 2016 5:42 pm

I tried to post them thru a host site and couldn't, but here's the link for the pictures, i'll have to figure out how to post pictures.

A couple of pictures of the puppies and Maila

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/eZ6q5

Dog had babies **New puppy!** WPgeu56

Dog had babies **New puppy!** CbjOyet

Dog had babies **New puppy!** Jg4YPUF

Dog had babies **New puppy!** LpttrY1

Dog had babies **New puppy!** XDuixCU

Dog had babies **New puppy!** ObIxBRY

Dog had babies **New puppy!** PJRXpHY

Dog had babies **New puppy!** EElyuJS

Dog had babies **New puppy!** Nyiy8tq

Last edited by aljones on Fri May 27, 2016 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserted pictures //al)
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyFri May 27, 2016 10:05 am

You have some very cute puppies there!  It took me a few to figure out that I had to scroll down to see all of the pictures.  She does look pretty laid back with the puppies nursing.  

I think my favourite picture of the puppies is the one who in typical Husky Position - already on his back with his feet in the air!!!

And maila is a *VERY* pretty young lady!!!

Now for the question that's going to get me in trouble:  This litter was an accident, we understand that but you are going to have her spayed after the puppies have gone to their new homes, aren't you??

Last edited by aljones on Fri May 27, 2016 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ainza Jose
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyFri May 27, 2016 10:13 am

aljones wrote:
You have some very cute puppies there!  It took me a few to figure out that I had to scroll down to see all of the pictures.  She does look pretty laid back with the puppies nursing.  

Now for the question that's going to get me in trouble:  This litter was an accident, we understand that but you are going to have her spayed after the puppies have gone to their new homes, aren't you??

Yes, once the puppies are in their new home, I'm going to take Maila to the vet to set up an appointment to have her spayed. I don't want her having any more puppies.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyFri May 27, 2016 12:47 pm

She's a very pretty girl with some very cute pups. Glad to hear you have found homes for them and that you are getting her spayed after this. She and you will be much happier once it's over. I can't imagine how much work keeping a litter of pups the proper way has been on you and her. So much to keep track of to keep them all healthy.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyFri May 27, 2016 4:47 pm

TwisterII wrote:
She's a very pretty girl with some very cute pups. Glad to hear you have found homes for them and that you are getting her spayed after this. She and you will be much happier once it's over. I can't imagine how much work keeping a litter of pups the proper way has been on you and her. So much to keep track of to keep them all healthy.

Thank you! Yes, I had no interest in getting money from them, I prefer they have a good place and that's why I'm giving them to my family and it's also a good way they can all play together and keep seeing each other. Maila has done a great job taking care of her puppies, I would worry about her laying on top of them or something, but she's a smart one and makes sure they're out of her way when laying down.
Back to top Go down
AryaGirl
Puppy
Puppy
AryaGirl

Female Join date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Any new pics? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog had babies **New puppy!**   Dog had babies **New puppy!** Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog had babies **New puppy!**

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1