It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Mobile Redirect

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:00 am

I noticed yesterday that a change happened around 1:00pm MST and wondered if you enabled something different, Tori?

On my phone, I'm being taken directly to a mobile version of the site that looks much more condensed. Sub forums are missing, I can't find a way to login and there's no option for the non-mobile version. Often that's the only way I can get on and see what's up. Little help? At least a "desktop version" button or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 am

I noticed this this morning too (I'm super lazy and check the forum and my email from my phone before walking the 10 feet to my desk LOL).

I'm going to search the Admin help forum and see what's up. It's unfortunately nothing that I did, so I can't tell you what's up.

I'll be in touch soon Smile

Mobile Redirect Hailey10
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:16 am

Found the full version button. It's at the very bottom and I kept hitting the forum support thing above it. That's all I really needed.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:26 am

Yup- found that too. It's very easily hidden and I don't like it. I suggested that they move it to the top.

The mobile support forum is a new feature that's still in Beta mode. I LOVE that they're working on that, but I think they released it and didn't make it super user friendly (that link should have been at the top where it was more visible). Currently you CANNOT log-in or post in mobile view, but as soon as it comes out of beta you will. So... time will tell.

Sorry for the confusion!

Mobile Redirect Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:45 am

So it was not me messing something up on my phone! At the tail end of my cardio I saw the button! Back to normal now Smile

Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Female Join date : 2012-05-14

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:35 am

I don't mean to necro post... but I see that you still can't log in to the forum through the mobile version :/ Is there another way to log in and view the forum with a mobile skin?
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:41 am

Heh. I can't even get the mobile version back. I even cleared the cache and it still loads the desktop version. So, unfortunately I'm no help.

Nevermind that. Got it back. But I was already logged in. Kinda looks like you need to go to the "classic version" at the bottom, login through that, then go back to the bottom right and hit "mobile version". Maybe someone else can find a better way.

Last edited by harrise on Wed May 16, 2012 7:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:45 am

You should see about getting the forum runner app. It's a download you can use so people can access the forum from it if they have it on their phone (as I do). It's a very nice app with lots of nice features. Pretty easy to do too. You just sign up on the site and follow the directions they give you. And it's free. I use it with my forums and my members love it as do I! Just a thought Smile
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:49 am

Not sure what the whole staff thinks about that mobile thing. I never have an issue viewing it on my phone or tablet the way it is. Even in EDGE signals it works fine for everything but the picture threads.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:50 am

It just makes it more compact and easy to navigate. But everything is there, subforums, stickies, you name it. Worth having a look at if nothing else. No pressure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:53 am

I gotta run the dogs though!

Being admin I never consider the need for a skinned down version on the fly. I'm used to where all of my controls are and often do admin stuff from the devices. I'm ike one of those old fuddy-duddy ranchers that refuse to accept changes, like wearing seat belts.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:56 am

Well only people who visit the site from the forum runner app on their phones would see that version. It's not an actual skin... It's an app on phones that makes it look different. You just upload a file to your directory and put some info in when you register (as admin). Make sense?
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:17 am

I took a little peek at that stuff. Looks like ads are involved along the line somewhere. It's definitely something up to the big wigs. I'm just admin for the basic stuff around here, not a decision maker.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:18 am

No, shouldn't be any ads... weird.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:33 am

In the apps tied to it. Looks like the free app is read only and to reply to posts you need to purchase the $2 app. I don't see any benefit to that product. It's like a weird in between link doing things phones can already do. But that's my ¢2.

For now logging in the way I described on the current mobile thing is gonna have to do.
Back to top Go down
LifeInSnowMotion
Teenager
Teenager
LifeInSnowMotion

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:34 am

Oh yes I see what you mean. I guess I'm all for it because I own the app.... hehe Wink
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:21 am

They have some cool looking services and products, but WOW is that stuff spendy. Plus the 30 frustrating minutes I just spent playing with the app didn't help my opinions any. Constantly "Contacting Remote Site", and I really only participate in this forum. I can see where that could possibly be handy if you are on a bunch of forums that have that on them. But even then just making a home screen shortcut to the site seems more efficient. After playing with that, I like the current mobile version better. Just wonder if they'll ever get around to putting a post function in there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mobile Redirect Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mobile Redirect   Mobile Redirect Empty

Back to top Go down

Mobile Redirect

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1