It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 11:39 pm

Thanks Al, I'll check that out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 7:31 am

Well it's been a while since I did an update on this thread and I think it's a good time to share the good news.

Mylo has been a good boy eating all his meals everyday.
What changed? His food.
As a last resort, I decided to change to a new food.
Very interesting thing happened, coincidence maybe?
I gave TOTW a shot since it's a very popular kibble on here. I chose to completely change proteins too, so I chose the Pacific Stream to stay away from the usual chicken infused kibble that I've always fed him.

My conclusion is that either something about Fromm was causing the mysterious issue or Mylo's tummy doesn't agree with chicken. What matters in the end is that there's nothing weird happening once a week anymore!

Here's a couple pics of Mylo boy, he's turning 2 this weekend! affraid can't wait to spoil him an extra bunch  bounce
Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 Img_5414
Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 Img_5415
Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 Img_5413
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 11:58 am

Yay. It's a good food. I switched to it a few months ago. Glad he's doing better. Happy birthday, mylo.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 12:44 pm

That's great news Dave! Unfortunately with Fromm most of their flavors contain at least chicken fat, and my Sofie has issues with chicken in kibble, I have searched and searched and TOTW is the absolute only brand that has several flavors that do not include any chicken at all. Most brands may have 1 or 2 flavors, but I like to rotate proteins and TOTW offers me that. The only flavors I can not rotate is the wet lands (the chicken and duck flavor) and sadly for Miya it was her favorite the High Prairie (the bison one) because both have chicken in it, I know crazy with the Bison flavor but it does contain chicken meal as the third ingredient. Glad Mylo is doing better and great pics! Happy early Birthday Mylo Smile
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 2:02 pm

That's interesting Renee, sometimes I've bouhgt Fromm for Sasha but neither Avalanche nor Sky eat it. Sky has her own IAMS but there are mornings where she looks at it and says "Nope!" but she'll eat Avalanches Dog Chow if she gets the chance. Damn dogs are gonna drive me nuts ( or more so )

You know Dave, it may just be coincidence - isn't it about time for Houston to stop spraying for mosquitoes?

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Al, I was unaware of Fromm having so much chicken in it, and my sister contacted me on why her golden kept having skin issues, even tho she was feeding Fromm. So I looked at every line they carried and almost every product of Fromm has chicken of some sort in their lines. In fact nearly every manufacturer adds chicken into their lines, even for example a lamb based kibble will almost always have chicken fat. My assumption is that chicken fat is the cheapest source of fat that is needed in a kibble. The other issue with Fromm is that the majority of their products contain brewers yeast, which is also a skin allergy trigger, it produces yeast in skin sensitive dogs. So for my sisters golden Fromm had a double whammy. With taste of the Wild I can rotate between 3 flavors, which is a plus for me, not one other manufacturer thus far can I rotate between 3 flavors. Although TOTW Southwest canyon (the pork flavor) doesn't have chicken it is the only flavor in TOTW that contains brewers yeast, lol, so I can rotate with the lamb, venison, and the fish with no issues of chicken nor yeast, I could try the pork flavor, but at this time Sofie has no more issues, and prefer not to introduce excessive yeast into her diet, since most grain frees use potatoes in their formulas, which turns into a yeast, adding an additional yeast I fear will have her have issues again with her ears.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 2:53 pm

I will add, that Pro Pac, which is a subsidiary of Earthborn, and is their less expensive line also has 3 flavors I could rotate, and it is very inexpensive for a grain free, the only issue at the moment that I have with Pro pac, is that they do not include probiotics like higher end (TOTW, Earthborn, Acana, etc) grain frees have. TOTW and Propac are at the moment the only brands that has more than 2 proteins I could rotate between.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 5:08 pm

that good news, glade he is doing so much better. he looks very happy love the pics, he is adorable with his tongue out.
Back to top Go down
gwendah
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2016-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Mylo is so handsome! Happy early birthday!
I'm glad he's eating well with no stomach problems now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*   Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recurring stomach issue *UPDATE-Conclusion*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2