It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vitalsign
Newborn
Newborn

SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source Empty
PostSubject: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 12:36 am

Hi guys!
Been long since i posted here...
So, i just returned to Pakistan from Ukraine with Enzo via Turkish Airlines... And believe me, NEVER take your pet along with turkish airlines!!! NEVER! EVER!
Now, straight to the topic, i usually feed Enzo TOTW prarie puppy food... But it was hard to find here in Islamabad, Pakistan... So meantime, for a week... I fed him boiled chicken paws, livers and heads...
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 12:46 am

confused confused confused
Back to top Go down
vitalsign
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:05 am

Damn i wrote a lot and only a portion of it is shown
Back to top Go down
vitalsign
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:10 am

After feeding him chicken parts, i noticed he pooped rarely and few dry drops... Stopped drinking water at all... Anyways i found TOTW and starting him feeding that again and stopped those chicken stuff... Now he poops normal and drinks fine until today morning... At 4 he started licking me and woke me up... I took him out... He peed and pooped (enough to fill a 0.5L jar)... Which i guess is a good thing... We came home and then he got accidents twice!!! (First time in 4 months)!!! And poop was the size of cow poop... Now, he was ashamed of pooping inside so i grabbed him to take him in the toilet to clean him... And i noticed something strange... Black discharge from him on my hands, trouser and toilet tiles... But i couldnt find the source... Checked his anus and penis all was fine... Now im seriously worried
Back to top Go down
vitalsign
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:12 am

Enzo
Siberian Husky puppy
Almost 7 months old
15KG weight
Lives in his a/c room
Eats twice a day TOTW 400g/day
And due to humidity, we are not walking much,,, just 30 mins of walk in the evenings
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 10:41 am

With what you've said it's going to be almost impossible to say anything that helps. If you can't determine source then I'm sure we can't from this distance.

The only note I'll make is that black anything is normally a very bad sign and the pup should, imo, be seen by a vet soonest.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 10:49 am

Without knowing the source of the black discharge it makes pegging the cause fairly hard. My thoughts lean toward it being some dark poop that got shook off on his way to the bathroom. It kinda sounds like he might have picked up some kind of parasite. They can change things almost over night. I would start with a round of dewormer or take a sample to the vet and see if they can run a fecal test on it.

Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 11:08 am

Chicken feet, liver, and heads is a lot of bone and organ content. It's most likely from the accident he had in the house. Too much organ can cause tarry stool, especially if he's not used to eating that.

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:55 pm

Black tarry feces is usually a symptom of internal bleeding in the GI tract - particularly higher up. Stomach bleeding comes through looking like coffee grounds. Lower rectal bleeding will be red. My take? Could be bleeding but, given what you were feeding him, could be the chicken parts, also...a vet visit would be in order.
Back to top Go down
vitalsign
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 8:03 am

Thanks guys... It was i guess just from chicken parts... As after the incident, he is feeling himself fine... My only concern is that he isnt eating as before... I feed him TOTW prairie puppy food... The recommended size is 400grams per day but he eats only 200grams... He will sniff it and then leave it alone...
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 11:10 am

Just hold out. He's probably being picky because he got some really good stuff instead of kibble. He'll eat when he gets hungry. You could also take some kibbles and use them as treats for training and see if he'll eat it then.

Don't baby him if he's being picky with his food otherwise it'll just get worse. Leave his food down for 10 minutes and if he does't eat, then pick it up, and try it again later. He'll eventually eat it.

Michelle Dobson
Newborn
Newborn
Michelle Dobson

Female Join date : 2016-08-10

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 8:11 pm

How is Enzo doing now? Is his tummy all fine now?
On a side note..My husky isn't a huge fan of kibble. I spice it up a bit...by adding things like frozen brocolii or something similar...sometimes I fry it in coconut oil or lard...sometimes I crack a raw egg over their food and stir it...This way they are getting a raw diet in addition to kibble. I also give one frozen burger patty per day but my dogs are super active.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source   SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source Empty

Back to top Go down

SOS!!! Black discharge from unknown source

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1