It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Rorschach's Journal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kmanweiss
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2016-09-01

Rorschach's Journal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rorschach's Journal   Rorschach's Journal - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 12:04 pm

We limited intake for a day and everything is back to normal. This is the second time he's overeaten, and both times was my wife's fault (she's the loving owner that spoils them, I'm the strict owner that ends up being the enforcer).
Last time she took two large kong toys, filled them with kibble, stuffed the holes with peanut butter and gave one to each dog (unsupervised). This was after he had already eaten his entire breakfast. On top of that, the other dog self regulates pretty well and will tend to ignore extra treats (he's allowed Rorschach to have his treats on several occasions). I came home at lunch to a 3 month old puppy that look like he had doubled in weight since I left that morning. I suspect that Sam had a little of the peanut butter and called it quits, and Rorschach ate up both toys full of kibble.
So his 1 cup breakfast likely became 3 with some peanut butter on top of that.
Back to top Go down
Kmanweiss
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Rorschach's Journal   Rorschach's Journal - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 5:23 pm

Been busy.
My wife left the door unlocked again and Rorschach got out in the garage again. Sam learned his lesson last time and stayed in the kennel. Rorschach couldn't get into the garbage on his own, and he left his bag of food alone this time.
But he did get into the recyclables and some pizza boxes. He got several aluminum cans out and apparently chased them all over as they were spread to every corner of the garage. Several had bit marks. One was mangled beyond belief. It was shredded. Pieces literally juts barely hanging on. I honestly don't think the entire can was there anymore, pretty sure he ate part of it. But we monitored him closely and no problems, so all is good. The grease soaked pizza boxes were a big hit for him. Pooped out cardboard for a couple days.

Again, this dog will eat anything, and would literally eat himself to death if given the chance.

He was neutered Monday. All went well. He really didn't seem to behave differently at all or act like it bothered him. Crated him for 24 hours which he didn't care for, but everything is back to normal for him now.

We got hit with a blizzard late Monday night that lasted into the morning. Things are finally settling down. Still got some light snowfall and strong winds drifting snow everywhere. Max and Sam (non-huskies) never cared for winter that much. They'd hang out on their patio in the sun on sunny days, and go for a walk if you wanted to, but otherwise they'd tend to just hunker down and stay warm. Rorschach LOVES the snow. I of course was expecting this, but it's hilarious to see the difference. Rorschach goes digging in the snow, rolling in the snow, he gets in the way of shoveling so you throw snow on him. He couldn't be happier. Of course no one else wants to be out there with him, but that doesn't seem to bother him yet.
Back to top Go down
Kmanweiss
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Rorschach's Journal   Rorschach's Journal - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Rorschach's Journal
January 25th, 2016

I was out and about for my morning constitutional while one of my owners was taking care of a fresh snow fall.  Suddenly, my home came under attack by a gigantic monster of steel and rubber.  It's eyes shone bright in the morning darkness, and it's giant beak was ready to tear me to shreds, but I stood my ground.  I told him off and he ran away in fear.  I doubt he'll be back any time soon.

My wife has been doing the morning walk for awhile now.  She goes out around 6-6:30 in the morning and gives the dogs a good hours worth of exercise.  If there is a light snowfall the previous night, she'll clear off the driveway quick.  The dogs love to be outside for this.  Sam is very well behaved and stays close buy.  Rorschach is a little more inquisitive, but listens pretty well, and since no one else is around, she'll let him off the leash to run in the snow.  Well the night before was a decent snow storm.  Probably got 6 inches, but the wind was pretty strong too, so lots of drifting.  I had gone out at midnight to shovel for a second time that day, but the wind and a little more snow left the driveway a mess...so there we go, all seems normal.

Except the city decided to plow the streets early, and hit our street really good with 3 plows (we're lucky if we ever see 1 all winter long, so this was a pleasant surprise).  The plows pass up the street on the other side and the dogs could care less.  The first two pass down our side of the street go unnoticed also.  The last plow though was right next to the curb, and this was too close for comfort for Rorschach.  He marched right into the path of the plow and stood his ground without fear.  He whined and talked (but oddly didn't bark) at the plow.  The driver had to come to a complete stop as Rorschach was ignoring my wife.  She had to physically drag him out of the way.  The driver actually got a good laugh out of it.  Doubt many dogs are dumb enough to challenge a 30 ton plow like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rorschach's Journal   Rorschach's Journal - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rorschach's Journal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2