It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  Empty
PostSubject: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Hello everyone i have a 12 week old male husky with one brown eye and one sky blue eye. His name is Sampson and he is doing great house training and everything but he doesn't really whimper or howl , is that normal? Also i was wondering what color coat everyone thought this might be.He is solid white on the belly and underside and then he has a tannish blonde down the middle of his back and on his head/ears. looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks!!! Thank You
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 6:10 pm

He sounds like he might be sable but a picture would help as black points and such could change that assessment.

As for the whining, every pup is different. As long as he is eating, evacuating, and playing normal then I wouldn't be concerned.

Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 6:15 pm

how do i attach a photo on here?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 7:52 pm

If that's him in your avatar, I'd say he is a red. I can't really tell if his nose is black or liver colored though, pic is too small for me. Hmm, his eye make up looks black though which would mean he's not a red.
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 8:15 pm

He has a brownish red nose and he has the one amber eye and one sky blue eye . Since I've had him the color down the middle of his back has gotten darker blonde
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 8:18 pm

If you email me I can send you pictures of the dog, cody t bridges @ abbey . bac. edu
It won't let me post pictures on here yet
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 8:44 pm

I think he's a red then. Beautiful pup Smile welcome to the forum! If his nose isn't black, chances are he's a red.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Here are the pictures ...
12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  Image110

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  Image310

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  Image410

... and of course, one of them is slideways ..... //al
... and yep, hims a purty red!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 9:17 pm

So he's a red?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 pm

I'm going to say yes. This is a tough one though cuz his mom looks to have the same coloring, but also looks like she has black points. However, as far as I know, if his points are liver colored (the brown red ) then he's likely a red.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 9:28 pm

That would be a dilute red...colors very much like my wooly boy (yours is NOT a wooly, definely standard coat) There's either red or dilute red...even when, like mine, looks really much more like apricot. lol!

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  Img_0011
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Should I expect his coat to get darker as winter approaches?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 10:10 pm

My dilute red tends to darken in winter, mostly because he blows coat most of the summer, puts on his winter coat in the fall and he's not bleaching out from the sun. You'll find that is a problem with reds - the sun bleaches their coat.
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 10:19 pm

Oh wow!!! That's awesome !!! So you definitely think I have some sort of red on my hands even though his mask doesn't really show ?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyWed Oct 26, 2016 11:45 pm

I wish Huskymom would see this thread, she could give you a definite answer. Your little boys mom is the same coloring, but with black points, but your boy does have the liver points, hmm. Also, last pic of him sleeping in the doorway, from the picture it looks like he has some black (darkish gray area) is that just the photo or does it look like he has some black coming in? Father has, to me, Malamute ears/ear set, do you happen to know if either parent is mixed with anything? At first I thought the father looked wooly but looking closer, he looks a little Malamute like.
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 12:08 am

The breeder I got him from said his parent were both Siberian husky no mix... he was the biggest in the group and his coat is extremely soft.he looks bleach blonde in person with the exception of his ears, head & down the middle of his back. His blue eye has some sort of greenish color in the outside corner , & he's actually gotten darker since I got him when he was 8weeks old. His nose is brownish red more red around his nose holes and the base of his nose
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 12:33 am

Welcome to the forum! i agree that he is a dilute red, appears to have liver points, and I agree with Jimmy that dad is a malamute and not a husky or maybe a husky x malamute, his complete face, eyes, ears all say mal, his structure, legs and coat says mal as well. dad appears to be the red, he looks to have liver points. You have an adorable pup! can't wait to watch him grow and mature. Smile I have a feeling that your breeder doesn't know the difference between the two breeds, they are similar, but mals tend to be bigger than huskies.
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 5:19 pm

The picture was just low quality he keeps getting darker and darker everyday and the vet told me he should weigh between 70 and 80 pounds ...does that sound accurate.. he is 12 weeks old and over 15 pounds
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 5:24 pm

That's large for a husky - any possibility the dad is actually Malamute as others have suggested? Not, however, unheard of - there are many oversized Siberian Huskies...mine one of them.
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 5:26 pm

The breeder keeps telling me his parents were husky and nothing else.... she also said he may be wooly coated but i don't think he will be. he is slowly starting to get a little white mark in the middle of his nose as well and his undercoat is getting extremely white as well
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 5:28 pm

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  Img_0210
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 pm

At the moment I would say now way a wooly but if your pup is on the left in that pic, then he is poofier than his litter mates.
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 5:34 pm

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  93f61810
12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  A9dd7410
12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  Ed29d410
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 5:36 pm

the pictures look way better on my phone compared to on here but in the middle it is like a light tan and the outsides and underbelly are white
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 6:58 pm

My boy Kohdi is a gray/white and he was a beige and white color up until about 4 months or so...from 4-6 months, the coat color changes drastically (gets darker) and then lightens up a bit. I do think your boy will be on the lighter red side as one of his siblings is already the darker red at this young age. I don't think wooly, but he may be fluffy like my Kohdi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  Empty

Back to top Go down

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next