It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Teeth problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joffrey
Newborn
Newborn
Joffrey

teeth - Teeth problem Empty
PostSubject: Teeth problem   teeth - Teeth problem EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 9:09 am

The dog was born April 12, she is not even 7 months.
Today I noticed that her left hook is damaged.
I met you a picture, if someone with a suggestion or solution.
teeth - Teeth problem Cam00011
(picture of Mata Hari with left hook damaged)

ps: sorry if the grammar is not great I am writing from the island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean, a french piece of land.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Teeth problem   teeth - Teeth problem EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 11:31 am

I'm on my tablet so the picture is too small for me to really see what's going on but teeth issues such as cracks or awkward growth need vet attention. Cracks should be sealed if at all possible before debris can accelerate any rotting. The structural integrity of the tooth needs assessed as well. I would steer clear of hard items to chew on until the vet sees what has happened.

Newborn
Newborn
Joffrey

PostSubject: Re: Teeth problem   teeth - Teeth problem EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 11:43 am

Thank you for your attention. The tip and the base of the tooth are still with enamel. It's the middle of the hook, all around the tooth enamel fell, gnawed, it feels like an apple core if you want. The color is light yellowish.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Teeth problem   teeth - Teeth problem EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 11:58 am

Sounds like either a massive build up of tarter or plaque, or the tooth is rotting internally. If it's plaque a raw marrow bone or a cleaning dental chew could help or the vet can do a scraping. If it's a soft rotten spot the vet may opt to pull the tooth.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Teeth problem   teeth - Teeth problem EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 12:08 pm

The picture on srvimg is actually quite a bit better. Herewith for your consideration.

teeth - Teeth problem Cam00011

Sorry though, mate, I can't be any help except to suggest a vet visit soon.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Joffrey
Newborn
Newborn
Joffrey

PostSubject: Re: Teeth problem   teeth - Teeth problem EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 12:27 pm

thank you for your advice, I will consider the vet soon.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Teeth problem   teeth - Teeth problem EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 6:33 pm

Wow, yeah, I'd go to the vet. That tooth looks like it's rotting away. If it gets much more your dog could be in some serious pain.

Newborn
Newborn
Joffrey

PostSubject: Re: Teeth problem   teeth - Teeth problem EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 8:41 am

Although I think she was punished by where she has sinned, that is my little baby, the next paycheck arrival will allow us to see the vet at the end of next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teeth problem   teeth - Teeth problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Teeth problem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1