It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ever hear of Terrabone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AnnieChan91
Newborn
Newborn
AnnieChan91

Female Join date : 2015-07-29

Ever hear of Terrabone? Empty
PostSubject: Ever hear of Terrabone?   Ever hear of Terrabone? EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Hey, guys. It's been awhile since I've come onto the forums. I was looking to find something similar to Greenies. I've never given them to the pups, due to my preliminary research before I got them 2 years ago. Read all sorts of nasty things, so I avoided them.

I do give bully sticks, Himalayan chews, antlers, and various other natural items, but the pups go through them SO quickly. So, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative that will help their teeth AND their breath. I've tried Nylabones and other similar non-edibles, but they get bored of them really quick or aren't interested whatsoever.

I did some research and found something called Terrabone. I'm curious as to whether anyone on here has ever used them, and if they're okay for the doggies. I would like to give them something everyday to help their teeth that will be a bit more cost-effective than bully sticks, chews, etc.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would like to hear them! TIA!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Ever hear of Terrabone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever hear of Terrabone?   Ever hear of Terrabone? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 1:22 am

Hey Annie, I had never heard of them, so I looked them up, reviews from amazon was a mix of dogs liking them or not, the big thing I noticed is that they were gone in under 10 minutes for even a smaller mid size dog, some estimated the cost at over $20 per pound. Personally too expensive for my liking especially at how fast they eat them, and most said not to feed daily. I am shocked at the antlers being ate up quickly. So.............I have to be honest neither of my girls have bad breath nor bad teeth. I feed a bully stick couple times a month, a cow ear a couple times a month, antlers are always laying around to be munched on, my go to, and the reason I believe that they have great teeth and breath I feed a raw meaty bone a few times a week. I monitor them, my gsd who is 16 months old will swallow once small enough and isn't a big chewer I take it away after the meat is gone. My husky is a chewer and will not swallow anything that she can't chew and leaves those pieces away from her. Pound for pound raw meaty bones are cheaper and healthier. I would ask your local meat department if they have any bones left over. Some specialty markets have butchers, certain ethnic areas as well...Asian, Spanish, etc. If not the two meats i would try is chicken drumsticks, fairly soft bone they can crunch and munch, I prefer beef, where they actually have to pull on the meat and sinew and acts as a natural floss for dogs. You can try ribs, with beef non weight bearing bones are the safest. Since you're in KC you may be able to get beef bones fairly cheap, high end meat processors are another place to look. If you have more questions please ask, happy to help. Smile
Back to top Go down

Ever hear of Terrabone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1