It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Your day sounded like my sunday after chasing Kye. We were going to go to the lake shopping. Instead after that we just went into town, got quick groceries, and came home to veg.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 12:31 pm

A very funny morning with Z'ev yesterday. When I opened the kitchen shade, it fell out of its brackets. Now, that is a large, pleated shade, about 50" wide and a bit longer. Z'ev, as usual, was beside me. And vocal. I mean "VOCAL" "mom, mom, the window thing...it, it, it exploded....do something, mom...do something" I pulled up a chair to snap the shade back in...or that was my intention, but the very vocal, very excited dog jumped up into the chair with me. Between me and the window. With curious nose. And swishing tail - he got himself back into the crate after that fiasco. Stupid shade Mad

Had a very nice walk with Wayne and the dogs Sunday afternoon - 3 miles, parallel to each other, about 20' across the road, Wayne with Z'ev and me with Ami. Not a howl, a whine, a whimper or a wail. Just 2 people walking 2 dogs on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. I thought Z'ev was more interested in the walk than Ami but Wayne thought he was still monitoring Ami quite a bit.

A noteworthy day: Feb 19th, the day Z'ev really began to relax and start to explore:

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Photo020

One of my favorite pics of Z'ev - even though the quality isn't great, this was the first of several snow angels on the first day Z'ev really started to relax and enjoy being a dog:

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Photo016

Unfortunately, he really didn't think that one through and this is just before he landed in the ditch with the melting snow lol!

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Photo017

This one cracks me up - he loves to sit with his butt on the hearth and his front legs on the floor:

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Photo018

Remember how I said he constantly gets himself tangled?

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Photo019
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 1:56 pm

My dad's old dog used to sit on the porch step and have her feet lower on the ground. She was like a little human in a lot of ways.

Dogs are nosy. I was trying to fly my drone Sunday and Kenzi was out. She's the only one I halfway trust with it. Keno would be too scared but kye would eat it in a flash. She was trying to be all in the drone's business every time I crashed it (I'm still learning how it works with the wind) and get excited then I would get onto her. Found out how good her 'leave it' command was.

Puppy
Puppy
PollyR

Female Join date : 2017-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Mars does the same thing.  He always joins whomever happens to be sitting on the stairs.

Hah, look at those eyes!
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

Female Join date : 2015-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 2:25 pm

He is just beautiful! Our Suka always sits on the front porch steps like that....must be another 'husky thing'! Smile
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Jenn - Josh was flying his thing here, both dogs were big into eating it. He had to land it across the street or they would get to it before him lol!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 4:10 pm

nice pics, he looks so cute sitting here.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 4:20 pm

He looks like the happiest dog ever! I love you

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 2:07 am

Great pics Amy, he is such a handsome guy <3
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 11:51 am

Another, major, milestone!!!  Two days in a row, after a rather complicated setup involving harness, long line and ecollar for Ami, tethering him outside then Z'ev with prong collar, muzzle and the Halti leash that converts to waist belt, tethering him to another tree, retrieving Ami and attaching him to my waist, making him sit 25 ft from Z'ev, retrieving Z'ev and attaching him to my waist, I managed to walk both boys together with very little complaint from Z'ev!!!  This will make my life infinitely easier if I can reliably walk both boys at the same time.  Though Wayne says I still need to give each one their own walk with me.

Next step?  Get them both in the car at the same time.  We have a family reunion camping trip in August and I don't see Z'ev in a boarding situation.

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Ami_an10
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 12:06 pm

that is awesome. You are well on your way. You will one day have the cohesive unit you want so bad. A lot more work you've had to put in to get there but that only makes the victories that much sweeter.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Proud, proud day!

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 1:45 pm

Amy, so happy for y'all! Baby steps as they say, and now you are in full stride, way to go!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Yeah. They be baby steps. With relapses. A couple nights ago, we had a lovely peaceful evening, Wayne at the kitchen table reading, Z'ev sleeping on the blanket beside him (leashed and muzzled, still don't trust that boy!) Ami was sleeping on the family room couch and I was taking palmiers off the cookie sheet. Didn't hear Ami come into the kitchen to take HIS place next to Wayne. Didn't hear, that is, until Z'ev turned into wailing banshee and lit into Ami. Fortunately, Wayne had the leash wrapped around his chair arm.

The last few days, we've had at least one, and yesterday, 3, instances of Z'ev launching into Ami on our walks. The good news is, it doesn't take much to stop the tirade, a firm no and an immediate prong correction, a sit command and he settles back down. Today...nada. That boy was a good boy...well, mostly. I saw him start to stalk Ami and a quick "Z'ev, eh eh" ended it.

Came across something interesting...just posted a body condition chart link for a member wondering about weight. Came across a muscle condition chart ( https://vet.osu.edu/vmc/sites/default/files/images/Muscle%20condition%20score%20chart%202013_0.pdf )

What struck me is I've wondered if Z'ev had depleted muscle mass when we got him...based on that chart I would say mild to moderate. Particularly in his back legs but also over the ribs and shoulders, too. Some of you may remember my concern about his toenails on his back legs - they were scrapped off from dragging his feet? I was concerned about possible degenerative spine issues, maybe an old injury or less likely, hip dysplasia. Jenn B also mentioned that Sierra dragged her feet with her knee ligament thing. Well...his nails are back to normal, he's definitely building muscle mass, he's much perkier and his gait is greatly improved. No more wide splayed rear end, much closer to single tracking now. Wayne has pondered if his improvement is nutritional, increased exercise or both. I'm also wondering whether his biting led to a retaliatory injury that has now fully healed. Whatever, the little guy, I think, is in much better physical condition then when we got him. Oh - and his stinky, flat black, Brillo pad coat is now sweet smelling, luxuriously glossy, thick and wonderfully soft. That I attribute solely to the Taste of the Wild.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyThu May 11, 2017 11:48 am

A very helpful video...though, its a bit of rant.  One that I agree with, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwZ1K-xxN2A

I'm afraid I got a bit caught up in the desensitization stuff at first - now, putting Z'ev on walks with Ami, gives me a real time opportunity to really correct the behavior. I do believe, however, that the initial desensitization allows me to walk them together.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Walking Z'ev and Ami has become routine at this point.  An occasional outburst from the persnickety one but now, mostly because he becomes interested in something Ami is poking into, joins him and suddenly realizes he's right next to him.

Today was a case in point: Ami was down in a gully sticking his head in his favorite culvert - the one that has a 2 ft deep tiny pond at the inlet. Ami had about 2/3 of his body inside the culvert and Z'ev was really interested. Gingerly climbed down and somehow ended up with his front legs on Ami's back...which Ami didn't even notice. Until Z'ev did and started his freaked out "ARRR ARRR ARRR" and I hauled his little tuchas back up the bank. Ami just backed out of the culvert, looked up with a "WTF" sort of look on his face and joined us up on the road.

But, oi vey, what a day I had today coming home.  First, I left Z'ev and Ami tethered to separate trees, in sight but not close, while I got them water.  I'm trying to accustom Z'ev to tethering so I can work outside, leave his sight for a few minutes without him having a meltdown.  I WAS going to enjoy a fresh, hot cup of coffee and bring him in the house in 15 minutes.  Nooooo....little critter worked himself up into a fair lather after about 5 minutes, shook his head hard enough to undo the optional head strap on his muzzle which let him get the muzzle hanging under his chin....which he decided to chew. Not much, fortunately 'cause I was checking on him every 2-3 minutes, saw the muzzle flip forward and ended the session.  But still enough I've ordered another muzzle from Chewy Sad  And a bark collar - my experience with Archer is that the bark collar settles him, that the unchecked barking works them up rather then being worked up makes them bark.

But that wasn't enough for my two brats.  Not one little bit. Thank you very much Mr. Ami. Put the little critter in the crate, gave the two a treat and the big red fluffy decides its ZOOMIE time. With Z'ev's crate as one of the pivot points. So Z'ev is AARR AARR AARRRing at the top of his voice and Ami is a ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM with periodic stops to WOO WOO WOO at the top of his voice, to Z'ev, right in Z'ev's face.

The curious thing, though...while Z'ev was vociferous, there was nary a snarl, no teeth, no shackles up and most curious, his tail was softly wagging. And when Ami was on the out leg of his zoomie, Z'ev looked decidedly...interested is the only way I can describe it.

To quote, once again, Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon...I'm too old for this s**t!
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

Female Join date : 2015-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyMon May 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Sounds like there is never a dull moment with those two!!!! It also sounds like Z'ev is making lots of progress so kudos to you!!!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 8:53 pm

Thanks Suka Or...Traci? (Typically, the owned by is actually the dog's name and the Name is the name of the dog - just a cute little convention here on the forum)

Chewy sent me new muzzle and bark collar - ordered Monday early evening and it was on my doorstep Tues by noon!!! Company of Animals altered the design of the Baskerville Ultra a little. A much needed improvement. My previous 2 muzzles had a head strap that was attached to the snap with only a knot in the strap which is made out of very slippery material.. That's how Z'ev trashed the previous 2 muzzles (I though Ami might have done it but after the second, I now see how it happened: He shakes his head really hard, the knot comes out of the snap, he paws at the muzzle, it slips forward under his chin and...he eats it! I was going to suggest to the Baskerville folks that that incorporate a snap or something instead of knotting the strap - well, the part that used to have the knot is now stitched down on the snap, much like a leash is stitched to the snap. The end that goes through the muzzle face loops back through slide fitting. And the strap is longer so is really hard to pull out.

I'm hoping the bark collar will help settle Z'ev when he's tethered - if I leave his sight, or if I'm even more the about 25 ft away, he lets loose the most awful caterwauling. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm torturing the little guy, it sounds so awful.

I don't think I posted this - last week, I made palmiers (elephant ears) for Wayne and had butter and sugar stuck on the pan. Gave it to Z'ev as cleaning out a pan is one of the few pleasures that boy has. He can lick things easily through his muzzle. Well, this pan had stuck on stuff in addition to the smear of butter and he couldn't get it up. I was about 10 ft away at the island and he came running over, hopped back a little while making eye contact than ran back to the pan. Poor little guy - he couldn't get the stuck stuff with his muzzle on and came to me for help I love you We have a routine - if he finds an errant piece of kibble or other yummy on the floor, I pick it up for him and give it to him. I didn't realize how much he internalized my helping him.

Along the same vein - now when my hands are fiddling with the crate while he's eating, not only doesn't he not snarl anymore but he looks up hopefully to see if I have any food then goes back to eating.

Chewy sent me new muzzle and bark collar - ordered Monday early evening and it was on my doorstep Tues by noon!!! Company of Animals altered the design of the Baskerville Ultra a little. A much needed improvement. My previous 2 muzzles had a head strap that was attached to the snap with only a knot in the strap which is made out of very slippery material.. That's how Z'ev trashed the previous 2 muzzles (I though Ami might have done it but after the second, I now see how it happened: He shakes his head really hard, the know comes out of the snap, he paws at the muzzle, it slips forward under his chin and...he eats it! I was going to suggest to the Baskerville folks that that incorporate a snap or something - well, the part that used to have the knot is now stitched down on the snap, much like a leash is stitched to the snap. The end that goes through the muzzle face loops back through slide fitting. And the strap is longer so is really hard to pull out.

Now. If he would just get along with Ami and STOP THAT CATERWAULIN' Mad

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Well, poop.

The last few days, I've been progressively increasing the triggers with the critter, now able to prepare his kibble peanut butter Kong with him sitting, watching me in the kitchen, tell him crate, he runs, helicoptering on the way, sits by the door to the crate with his Kong on top of the crate while I take off his collar and muzzle (I'm not stupid, i leave his prong on for this exercise). This is the kind of situation that got me bit the first week. Now, while he is excited, he makes no move towards my hand and quiets down when I say easy. Runs into the crate, happily chowsdown without a thought while I latch up the crate.

So, today. I take him in the backyard, gates shut, long line dragging. Muzzled and remote collar on. Allowed him to roam at will with me sitting in a lawn chair rather than meandering with him. He found one of Ami's buried bones. The first time I came over, he sort of hunched over it, I talked to him and scratched his head and walked away. After a bit I came back because I didn't want him digging in the daylilies. This time, as I talked to him and went to scratch his ears, he lunged and snarled. Would have bitten me without the muzzle. Sigh. Used it as a teaching moment. He got a prompt and thorough correction with the remote.

Bones. Needs work Sad
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Not such a great day, yesterday, with the peanut Sad While I was outside, Wayne took Z'ev out of his crate - for the first time. Muzzled and leashed him. Ami was outside with me, had not finished his breakfast and Z'ev got into it. But Ami has a slow feed bowl and Z'ev couldn't manage with the muzzle so Wayne went to help him and Z'ev hunkered down in guard mode. Wayne took some out to give him and Z'ev launched. Fortunately this time, Wayne had the leash and was able to give a good correction. Happened again as he tried to put the food away, another correction and then decided he would be better off taking the squirt outside.

And I was thinking maybe we could start without the muzzle
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 4:09 pm

All in good time; I think that you *mostly* interact with the brat so he's gonna have to figure out that Wayne holds the purse strings to the food as well, no?

It's really pleasantly funny how (after way too much time) Sasha has become a pesky nut at dinner rather than a devil *not* in disguise.

I've had to back way up on feeding since Sasha doesn't want anyone around when she's eating - we can play and *surprise* she tolerates the cats swiping the occasional kibble but with either Avalanche or Sky it's "You even look hard at my bowl and I'll eat you!"
Sky is possessive where it comes to Avalanche, I was free feeding on the porch until I realized that Avalanche wasn't getting much of what was in the bowl.
It'd really be nice to go back to the old days where I could put down one bowl of food and everyone got what they wanted, when they wanted rather than looking at a "vigorous correction" from someone when they get together. Of course my "perpetual puppy" gets the good stuff from time to time since I know he needs more than he's getting and he's definitely low man on the totem pole with these two females!

Since Sasha's gotten so good with me and the cats, I may see if she'll tolerate Avalanche having his food at the same time - different bowls though.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Been a while since I updated. We are definitely making progress. Not the least of which is when I feed Z'ev in his crate, he now raises his head for scratches before eating the food I've put on the floor. Most recently, that extended to a bone in his shop crate!

And - this is from a day or two ago....after their shared cheese treat hand fed by Wayne, one on each side of him, the two relaxed in the kitchen - Ami beside Wayne and Z'ev on the hearth rug. Sporting a leash BUT not being held or tethered!

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 19958910

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 19989710

And...he is coming into his huskiness! Yesterday morning, I tried to get him out before rain hit, nixed the ecollar "because he minds so well" and let him out in the backyard to do his thing while I waited in the shelter of the shed porch. Well, he didn't do his usual thing of heading to the the brushy borders to pee and poop. Nope. Saw a critter (frog maybe?) and took off behind the forsythia. I went running, smashed my shin against the rebar stake to keep the shed door from hitting the porch overhang, got a good 4" scrap down my shin bone...sure enough, there was Z'ev flailing on top of the pool cover, in the deep end...in the middle of the pool. Fortunately he came to the side and he sprawled on the deck, hauled him out by his scruff (the pool is low, we have a leak)

Then - in the afternoon, leashed him for a walk, tethered him to the pine tree while I went in to get Ami...damn dog climbed UP into the tree, trying to get a good look at kitty up in the wood pile Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 1625187496 Fished him down - don't want him to go higher, get his leash tangled in branches and hang himself jumping down!

Aye yi yi! Life with huskies lol!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Al things considered - like climbing a tree! - it really sounds like things are gradually getting better. Ain't it great when you see all your hard work with a rescue - especially one like Z'ev - come together.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 pm

I'll be happiest Amy, as I'm positive you will be, when I don't see the muzzle on his pretty face anymore.

Ami's pic is adorable Smile

Zev is definitely getting there Amy, I'm so glad you didn't give up on him. You are doing a remarkable job.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 am

We're working on that Jimmy. Once bitten and twice shy, ya know? Have started taking muzzle off on solo walks once we've left the house. Also, I no longer use the muzzle b for last pee once Ami and Wayne are b in the bedroom for the night.

Did get some encouragement in that direction last night. Forgot bi had half a chicken leather in my pocket when I took Z'ev out of crate. He was sniffing me with serious interest. I told him "all gone". Multiple times. He was just interested not a hint of aggression. When I remembered, I have it to him. Happy dog!

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Kimg0410
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family   Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next