It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Zeev seizures .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Zeev seizures . - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeev seizures .   Zeev seizures . - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Indu, have you seen a neurologist? i have read somewhere that the wall staring is a neurological issue, since seizures happen for various reasons and because of various causes. The gsd in that forum I mentioned is also doing acupuncture therapy and this is from one of the highly respected members

metabolic state of the pet will also influence the brain and can secondarily cause seizures. If the brain doesn't get an adequate supply of oxygen and nutrients to fill its needs, the excitability of the cells may increase and seizures result. Thus low blood sugar or heart disease may cause seizures. Electrolytes (different salts normally present in the body) play important roles in brain function. Alterations of these electrolytes (particularly sodium and calcium) can cause seizures.

this portion taken from Canine Epilepsy Network

this may sound crazy but consider electro magnetic pollution , microwave, cell phones, base towers , high frequency technology.

at one of the health conferences I attended there was an equine vet who used magnetic wraps to great success .Science and history of magnetic therapySportInnovations LLC

a person I knew did get a small size version for her dog --- looks like a horse blanket --- and it worked. Can't remember the product name .

So some additional reading material for y'all. Keep us posted on how things are going.
Back to top Go down
Ace&Dusk
Newborn
Newborn
Ace&Dusk

PostSubject: Re: Zeev seizures .   Zeev seizures . - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 1:39 am

Thanks everyone for support and all the insight.

I haven't noticed Ace sleeping with his eyes open, but he's very wobbly and dis-oriented. He seems like he remembers few of his toys (specially the balls). I am not sure if remembers Dusk (brother from same litter) all that well and Dusk seems to be afraid of Ace. Still Dusk is very playful with Ace and Ace pretty much ignoring him.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Zeev seizures .   Zeev seizures . - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 1:48 am

Indu, focal seizures are a partial seizure...I've posted a general description of them down below.

Last edited by Artic_Wind on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Zeev seizures .   Zeev seizures . - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 3:14 am

Indu, I don't know if this helps you but it generally describes a focal seizure (partial seizure) Zeev seizures . - Page 2 Image11
Back to top Go down
BobbyNix
Newborn
Newborn
BobbyNix

PostSubject: Re: Zeev seizures .   Zeev seizures . - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 31, 2023 2:55 pm

Hello everyone. My husky Tyler 4.5 years old has had seizures starting with his first dental cleaning at 3 years3 months. Was dopey from the cleaning for 2 days, didn't eat for 2 days and then 3am, 5 am and 7 am the seizures came. Vet and I thought they were caused by the sedation, not eating etc. No seizures for a 14 months till his next cleaning. Precautions were taken (less sedation, anti convulsive meds, etc supposedly to minimize chances of repeat of 1st cleaning. This 2nd cleaning, 7 seizures! Followed 2 months later with his first non-dental related seizures. Tyler has been on Keppra since, and "only" has seizures every 5-6 weeks, 2 back to back. Found a site, SnowDogGuru who says his life long love affair with huskies, and multiple dogs with seizures, he believes poor ZINC absorption is at the root of multiple Husky health problems. Will be looking into this for my Tyler. Would like to get Tyler off the Keppra if possible. If anyone has any experience getting their husky off pheno or keppra, please fill me in on what to do or expect. Thanks in advance. Been pre occupied with my Aussie Shepherd/husky mix , Sydney, who I had to put down August 29th with cancer. He was my best friend. Hurts beyond words. Most of you might not know, I didn't, that here is a blood test out called OncoK9 that is a multi-cancer early detection blood test for canines.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Zeev seizures .   Zeev seizures . - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 2:09 am

I have a terrier named splinter that has partial complex seizures. We choose not to treat them unless they progress or happen in clusters. He also has a grade 3 heart murmur and Vasovagal syncope. As far as we can tell the partials that are really bad are triggered by the Vasovagal syncope which usually starts with eating grass then vomiting. When he was on vetmedin for his heart it got significantly worse, same with heartworm prevention, but it was there way before that. Since he was a little puppy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeev seizures .   Zeev seizures . - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeev seizures .

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2