A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Bodhi and Michael!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM - December : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Bodhi and Michael,
our November HOTM Winners!
Autumn Bliss!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Texas Sled Dog Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Share | .

Team Yukikaze - Lure Coursing and Dock Diving - Updated 10.14.17

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Team Yukikaze - Lure Coursing and Dock Diving - Updated 10.14.17   Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:28 am

YAY!! Great pics, and Congrats on all of the competitions!! I am so jealous of the dock diving, both of mine would have such a great time doing that. Can't wait to see more pics Smile
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Team Yukikaze - Lure Coursing and Dock Diving - Updated 10.14.17   Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:16 pm

@Artic_Wind wrote:
Wow! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! She looks amazing! Congratulations! I could float a steak in the middle of my pool and my two wouldn't jump in to get it, LOL.  That's awesome!
@MiyasMomma wrote:
YAY!! Great pics, and Congrats on all of the competitions!! I am so jealous of the dock diving, both of mine would have such a great time doing that. Can't wait to see more pics Smile

Thank you both!! Definitely took some effort to get her to jump, as she didnt like swimming beforehand, but so so proud of her persistence and motivation to get that ball!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Team Yukikaze - Lure Coursing and Dock Diving - Updated 10.14.17   Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:06 am

Just an update from our last event, the Eukanuba Performance Games. Ame and Yona both competed all three days - Yona's fastest time was 24.88mph, earning herself 8th place in Siberians. She is still nervous of the line and only doing a recall game - not in it for the chase - so overall I am pleased with that time.

Funny story for Yona. On her third day, I didnt have a 3rd person to be my releaser (as a friend who was with me was already holding Ame while I ran Yona) so I tried Yona on the continuous loop for the first time. Now, every time before this, I was in the catching area yelling her name, and she was running for the sake of getting to me. Regardless, I figured I'd give it a try. Got her into the chute, waited for the tally-ho, and I released her. She took off pretty well. Then as she gets halfway down the chute, she slows down, and goes slower, and slower, and yet slower.. until she stops. RIGHT in front of the timer. Now, I wasnt worried about the time. I didnt care if it was 1mph. I was just hoping to get her through the timer so I didnt have to run her again. So I yell her name from the start chute. YONA! She stumbled through the timer, and spun around and looked in my direction. I throw my hands in the air in a big hooray, and am about to go get her, when the operator says oh no no the timer didnt catch her time. Then as theyre about to reset the timers, Yona realizes where I'm at, and lopes down back to me, getting a decent time and triggering the timer properly. Not terribly exciting, I just thought it was pretty funny looking back.

As far as Ame, she did me really proud, running some really nice runs. She earned her a spot in the top 16 fastest dogs and got invited to the championship Sunday, however she blew it on a pretty slow run, she was being lazy, so we didnt make the top 8. Shes hit and miss with her drive on it, but I do this all for her so if she wants to lope, then so be it!

Yona also earned her BCAT at this event, so both Ame and Yona have their BCAT's now.

Kelim's Rain at Midnight at Yukikaze CAA BCAT

Sibersong's Shot of Espresso BCAT

And this just shows their placings currently.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Team Yukikaze - Lure Coursing and Dock Diving - Updated 10.14.17   Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:37 am

All these pics are amazing but that last pic (with the ribbon) just makes me smile Smile TOO CUTE! Congrats to all and I love the story behind it all too.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Team Yukikaze - Lure Coursing and Dock Diving - Updated 10.14.17   Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:28 am

@Artic_Wind wrote:
All these pics are amazing but that last pic (with the ribbon) just makes me smile Smile TOO CUTE! Congrats to all and I love the story behind it all too.

Thank you!! Wave is her favorite trick, and she looks so proud haha!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Team Yukikaze - Lure Coursing and Dock Diving - Updated 10.14.17   Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:01 am

They have so much personality. This is such a neat adventure you are on with them.

PostSubject: Re: Team Yukikaze - Lure Coursing and Dock Diving - Updated 10.14.17   

Back to top Go down

Team Yukikaze - Lure Coursing and Dock Diving - Updated 10.14.17

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2