It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Ultimate Rescue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

The Ultimate Rescue Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Watch this dog lovers.
But first get out a box of Kleenex.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18814225
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 6:00 pm

Sad Sad Sad , that was a amazing story. I'm glad he found a home, its ones in a life time event at you almost never see.

it reminded me of all the times Joey was with me he never left me ether no matter what. even if it meant jumping into a huge swimming pool just so he could ride on my back.
and you feel it when you found your true friend that you just can't leave them ether I love you .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 7:41 pm

I tried to watch this the other day but the video kept "skipping" and had no sound, so I'm glad this posting came back up to remind me to watch again! Smile awesome story. It DID make my eyes tear a few times.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 8:15 pm

Crap. Tear jerker. Big Time...
Back to top Go down
noras
Newborn
Newborn
noras

Female Join date : 2018-06-04

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 4:56 pm

I'm in Arizona. I got my 6 year old Husky in March. She had been kenneled all her life & in a small apt. Since I adopted her, I decide to reinforce my sun room screen panels and put up 4ft lattice so she wouldn't jump through the screens. I also put it a doggy door, I decided after a few months I would try to give her a little freedom I was at work. She did great until that Friday and saw something that she had to have. A rabbit or another dog I'm not sure which. It happened about 2 hours after I left for work. Well she climbed on a chair and busted through the screen. I got a call from a neighbor that she had grabbed another dog much smaller then her. She had never got aggressive with other dogs before so I'm not sure what prompted it. I am replacing the screen panels and putting another set of lattice so it covers it 8 feet up. I do not want to have to re-home her, but unfortunately I live in a 55 plus community and the majority of dog owners have small dogs. I don't want anyone thinking she will attack at anytime and force me to have her put down. I would love some suggestions on anyone in the Phoenix area that has a fenced yard and another dog that may want to have her.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 pm

Can you just keep her in the house rather than in the sunroom where she can see stuff that will trigger her wanting to escape? All mine stay inside all day while we are at work. You may look into doggy daycare. If you could take her to doggy daycare a couple times a week it will help drain some of that excess energy that makes them want to get into trouble and it helps keep their socialization up. It's hard to say what happened with the smaller dog. Some folks don't know what a husky trying to goad a dog into playing looks like and may have misunderstood it for an attack when it wasn't really. But little dogs do trigger prey drive in our huskies sometimes, especially if they are going to try to run away or get snippy. It could have provoked it. I don't live in AZ but I have 4ft fence section and I have 6ft privacy fence sections as well. Mine don't go over the fence but have gone under a couple times. Some have put rollers at the top of the fence to make it harder for them to get over. Basically their feet slip off so they can't get purchase to go over. Another option is an electric fence. Attach the boundary wire to your existing fence and put the collar on. If she does get out of the sunroom she would have to work to get over the main fence but being shocked while working on the main fence usually puts a pretty good halt to them going over or under.

Newborn
Newborn
noras

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 am

Hi Jenn,
I can just keep her in the house, however I have a dog door that goes out to the sun room I installed for her to give her to go in and out, but she now know's how to remove the door cover off of it. So until I get the screens fixed she has to stay in her kennel.
She does well in the house when I leave her other then tipping over her food. I'm not allowed to have a fence on my lot due to it not being an outside lot. I have considered fighting it with the HOA, One battle at a time. I want her life to be happy and have quality, not cooped up all the time. It's too hot here right now for the dog park. As soon as it gets cooler we will be going daily after work. If you do hear of a Husky rescue or private person in the Az area that would be want her, she is a loving friendly dog and loves my grand daughters 8 years old & 9 months. I would love for her to have a yard & a buddy to run and play with. She seems so depressed.
Thank you for your suggestion's too!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue EmptyWed Aug 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Hoa may let you have the electric fence since they can be hidden under ground. Or you could put it on the sun room to keep her from pushing on the screens.

Newborn
Newborn
noras

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 9:47 am

Yes that was my thought. She is an escape artist for sure. I do not want to have to get rid of her, I also want her to have a loving home where she is content and not anxious. Plan B is another set of lattice above what I have and plan C is the electric fence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Rescue   The Ultimate Rescue Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Rescue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1