It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thecolorfulmom
Newborn
Newborn

Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.  Empty
PostSubject: Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.    Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.  EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Hey everyone, does anyone feed Grandma Lucy's? I usually feed Fromm to my husky mixes but yesterday I received some Grandma Lucy's grain free Chicken and Primal Turkey and Sardine Nuggets and instead of kibble last night, all my dogs got Grandma Lucy's and Primal Nuggets. This morning everyone but my shepsky ate their morning kibble but she wouldn't touch her kibble at all. She usually digs into her two cups of fromm in the morning but hasn't eaten it at all. I'm freaking out because she always eats her kibble in the morning and am wondering if maybe Grandma Lucy's and Primal filled her up? I fed her two cups of fromm yesterday morning and 1 cup of Grandma Lucy's at night with two Primal nuggets. She seems fine too.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.    Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.  EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 10:34 pm

I went looking and Grandma Lucy's has NEVER had a recall, rates a solid 4.5 and 5 at dog food advisor; looks like some really good food, at least by reputation.

I'm afraid though that I'm a bit lost as you talk about your dogs. References to "husky mixes" (plural), "everyone but my shepsky" suggest that you have a few pups there. I think you're referring strictly to your shepsky ... but not positive.

Two cups of Fromm and one of G'ma Lucy's seems to be quite a bit of food for one dog/one day, it's entirely possible that she might not have been hungry.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.    Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.  EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 2:03 am

I agree with Al, Grandma Lucy's is a superior food, as close to feeding a raw diet as one can get, excluding some dehydrated items. So let's see, the amount of Grandma Lucy and the primal is equivalent to one feeding for around 50 pounds of dog. However, 2 cups of Fromm would feed my 70 pound husky mix for the whole day, and the 2 nuggets would be about how much raw I feed her. So my guess is, since 1) huskies tend to eat 20-25% less than other dog breed and 2) you may be over feeding anyways, and lastly 3) some huskies are great at self regulating, my assumption is that she was overfed for the day and decided not to eat her breakfast. I haven't yet fed my grandma lucy's to my girls, I have it on standby, but I also have the base mix where you fed the one that has meat in it, so I would safely assume you fed her too much. I have in the past also used Nutrisca, slightly different, but similar to the nuggets, and fed my girls 1 cup kibble and 4 nuggets, my husky girl only ate that for the day, my gsd is a little bit more of a foodie and ate a 1/2 cup of kibble for breakfast. Also, just as a comparison of my husky mix vs my gsd.....gsd eats about 2-3 cups of kibble and 4-6 ounces raw a day, she weighs 75 pounds, my husky mix eats 1-2 cups a day and about 6-8 ounces raw a day and she weighs 70 pounds, and both are over the top highly active. In the scheme of things, neither eat a whole lot, I am also not a treat giver, typically. How much do your pups weigh? Let me add age, that makes a difference too, my gsd is 20 months old and my husky is 4 years old, both females. What about yours?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.    Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Grandma Lucy's Food Concern.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1