It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Female husky anxiety. Need Advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lexmariex
Newborn
Newborn

anxiety - Female husky anxiety. Need Advice  Empty
PostSubject: Female husky anxiety. Need Advice    anxiety - Female husky anxiety. Need Advice  EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 2:22 pm

Hello, I have a 3 year old female Siberian husky. She isn't fixed. She just recently for a week now has been acting different. She is whining a lot, she won't leave my bed that much and always has her toy with her. She won't leave her toy anywhere. Usually she is pretty independent but she won't leave my side now and gets worked up really easily. Won't ever go outside for a run. I have a big yard and she usually loves to run around. She had been eating just fine. She also pants a lot as well. She has kinda acted this way before around her heat cycle but it has never been this extreme. Just curious on what I should do, is she just going into heat or should I bring her to vet. I'm just really concerned.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

anxiety - Female husky anxiety. Need Advice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Female husky anxiety. Need Advice    anxiety - Female husky anxiety. Need Advice  EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 4:12 pm

It's part of her heat prepping for a false pregnancy, well we hope its false at least since she isn't fixed. Melatonin will help some with the anxiety and out of control hormones. Taking her toys away and hiding them for the time being should help as well. She will think the puppies have died and her body will adjust. If she hasn't had her heat yet you will still have to tough your way through the usual 3weeks but the false pregnancy will shorten with these steps. Once a dog starts having false pregnancies it is likely they will accompany each heat cycle until she gets old enough her heats naturally start to diminish. You have a long while ahead of you. You can either get her fixed, which will stop the whole thing, or get a routine of melatonin, toy hiding, and a loss of appetite around her heats in place. It's fairly common in unfixed females or females that were fixed improperly. Not really worth a vet visit unless she gets extremely out of hand. Some get grumpy. Usually the more disturbing and frustrating symptom is the loss of appetite that can go on for a month or longer.

Female husky anxiety. Need Advice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1