It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Denver

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
buffedout
Newborn
Newborn
buffedout

Male Join date : 2017-04-26

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 11:45 pm

Azulema, or "Azul", or "You have to be kidding me". She's five months old, but my roommate and I have had her for 3 weeks.

Crate training is a crawl but we know we gotta do it. She now jumps over the $50 gate designed to keep her from going upstairs to take care of business (her poops are about half her size). She chewed off her harness within a few seconds last night. She is still learning how to dog, thanks to her previous owners. Summary: she's a handful. All worth it.

Hello from Denver Doggo110
Hello from Denver Doggo210
Hello from Denver Doggo310
Hello from Denver Doggo410
Hello from Denver Doggo510

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 11:53 pm

She is beautiful! Welcome to the forum! The girls are feisty ones, lol. At 8 weeks old, my little girl was climbing that gate that was supposed to keep her contained, climbing the crate and then sleeping on top of it (I had the doors off since she was supposed to be contained by the gate seperating the room, haha. Gotta watch em!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 am

Welcome to the forum. They can sometimes be a challenge but you'll get there. You are definitely not alone in the struggles that have and will come.

Puppy
Puppy
VTHokieHusky

Male Join date : 2017-01-06

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 4:44 pm

LOL at jumping over the $50 gate! Great intro post! Welcome!

Our Lucy turned 1 back on March 1st, and we're sooo glad we stuck it out, they are an amazing breed, and very rewarding.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Welcome! Glad you found the site Smile

I got to meet this little handful last sunday, she is supper cute.

Jack had fun with her at the dog park.

Newborn
Newborn
buffedout

Male Join date : 2017-04-26

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 6:53 pm

jbealer wrote:
Welcome! Glad you found the site Smile  

I got to meet this little handful last sunday, she is supper cute.

Jack had fun with her at the dog park.

My roommate mentioned you, actually. He gave me the info for the site. It seemed as though every husky in the neighborhood was being walked that day.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 6:56 pm

i think so! we passed 2 more around the lake after we left the park, but the owners kept them far away from us which was sad. also join husky huddle malamute mingle colorado on FB, we have our next meet up may 7th. voting on park and time now.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 2:51 pm

jbealer wrote:
but the owners kept them far away from us which was sad.

Jenn - since getting Z'ev, I've had a whole different experience with dogs. Never before had one that was fearful/aggressive so never really understood the impact of contact with other dogs. Especially with Ami - he's so in your face bouncy, "let's play" Even though he's gentle with all sizes of dogs, I now see how intimidating that can be to a fearful dog.

There was an anonymous blog on fearful dogs that really spoke to my heart. How the owner felt isolated because she had to go out of her way to avoid other dogs - that "really, its not your dog, its mine" and that she had trainers, behaviorists, drugs, you name it and still, she had to have the dog as an only and avoid others.

I'm finding it incredibly sad that I have yet to integrate Ami and Z'ev, let alone Archer. As annoying as the logistics of the whole thing, just walking from crate to street, even worse is the lingering, back burner sadness. And, alone, Z'ev is really a sweet heart, complete love bug just wanting to be near and cuddled.
Back to top Go down
Michell Holmes
Newborn
Newborn
Michell Holmes

Female Join date : 2017-03-12

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyTue May 02, 2017 10:22 pm

Hello fellow Denverite! Cute pup!!!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver EmptyWed May 03, 2017 2:59 pm

hi, welcome to the forums. she is adorable, wow he jumped the fence. i got lucky and Leo did do that but he when though the small door at the bottom of our gate like a snake hahaha.
they well definitely test your patients, but if you stick it out you will have a friend for life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Denver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Denver   Hello from Denver Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Denver

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1