It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Recommended puppy food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vadix3
Newborn
Newborn
Vadix3

Male Join date : 2017-04-14

puppy - Recommended puppy food Empty
PostSubject: Recommended puppy food   puppy - Recommended puppy food EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Layka is 3 months old and the only thing shes eaten so far was Royal Canin up to 12 months old, I bought it when I got the dog without thinking too much, now when I started to look into it I found out that Orijin or taste of the wild is considerably better, what would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Recommended puppy food   puppy - Recommended puppy food EmptySun Apr 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Don't know about Orijin, but i switched to taste of the wild 2 weeks ago and i can already notice a difference. Yuka's loves the taste and before i switched he would have inconsistent poo which has been completely resolved. He is doing quite a bit better after i switched from the food the breeder used.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Recommended puppy food   puppy - Recommended puppy food EmptyFri May 12, 2017 12:05 pm

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm curious how much to feed a puppy? I bought Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine for adults. I'm feeding her 1 cup a day. She's 7 pounds
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Vadix3
Newborn
Newborn
Vadix3

PostSubject: Re: Recommended puppy food   puppy - Recommended puppy food EmptyFri May 12, 2017 12:52 pm

eddycaaa wrote:
Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm curious how much to feed a puppy? I bought Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Canine for adults. I'm feeding her 1 cup a day. She's 7 pounds
When mine was 7 pounds she ate 2-3 cups a day, I didnt think too much simply when the bowl was empty I would refill it. I think 1 cup should be fine as long as shes drinking water.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Recommended puppy food   puppy - Recommended puppy food EmptyFri May 12, 2017 1:42 pm

I would slowly up her from 1 cup to 2 cups. If her poop goes to mush dial it back. She will need more food as she begins to grow and hit growth spurts. Most puppies can handle in the 3 cup range up until they are nearing the year old range and then they will taper off if you are feeding good food. My adults get 2 cups a day and a growing pup needs more than that. You just don't want to over feed or their poop will go to mush, so slowly give her more food up to the 2.5-3 cup range but if her poop goes mushy dial it back until you find the sweet spot where her poop is good, she isn't ravenously hungry, but she isn't getting overweight either.

Newborn
Newborn
JRMiazga

Female Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Recommended puppy food   puppy - Recommended puppy food EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Our puppy won't be here for another month (she's only four weeks) but I picked up Acana (Wild Atlantic) dog food for her. The price point is pretty good and it's 70% wild caught fish and 30% veggies.
Back to top Go down
mikec
Newborn
Newborn
mikec

PostSubject: Re: Recommended puppy food   puppy - Recommended puppy food EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Marco Berck wrote:
Don't know about Orijin, but i switched to taste of the wild 2 weeks ago and i can already notice a difference. Yuka's loves the taste and before i switched he would have inconsistent poo which has been completely resolved. He is doing quite a bit better after i switched from the food the breeder used.

Marco - did you switch to Pacific Stream?

My breeder used Sportsman's Pride puppy food which my pup loves (9 weeks). I increased the amount a little too fast and his poo changed so I dialed back and he is solid again.

Nervous about switching since it seems fine, but want the better ingredients of TOTW.

Thanks -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended puppy food   puppy - Recommended puppy food Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommended puppy food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1