It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

52 weeks of Kay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 4:37 pm

Her eyes are amazing!!! My guess is her coat will be on the lighter side (my favorite!) like a more silver/white.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
Her eyes are amazing!!! My guess is her coat will be on the lighter side (my favorite!) like a more silver/white.
You think so? The image is a bit over exposed, making her look lighter. Her mom is black and white, Dad is red and white. Looking back at her linage there is a lot of black and white so I was thinking she'll be more of a wolf grey but we shall see! I love the silver and white look too
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 1:02 am

You are probably right, although I think she will be lighter, maybe like my Mishka? I had 3 silver and whites in total, two had a grey/white dad and a white mom, one had a red and white mom and a black and white dad (I think...its been awhile, lol) so I think it has more to do with genetics within the line, than color of the parents specifically. I know with my silver and whites, the "brown" like on Kay (and my Mishka and Kohdi) was much MUCH lighter, but according to Huskymom in here, who breeds huskies and knows genetics, that color is just the factoring (not exactly sure what it means but I THINK it has to do with maybe the one parent being a red...Mishka's dad is red/white, mom is grey/white) in any event, I'm loving watching Kay grow up and change!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 3:01 pm

Kay's looking much darker this week!

Week 11: 17 weeks old
puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 Dsc00710
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Wow. Huge difference! Her markings are adorable.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 11:04 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
Wow. Huge difference! Her markings are adorable.
She's lucky she's cute. It makes up for her brattiness! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 2:02 am

OH, I hear you there! LOLOL.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 10:17 pm

We're on vacation this week at Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. Here she is enjoying the great outdoors. Her markings didn't change much this week.

Week 12: 18 weeks old
puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 Img_4110
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 10:43 pm

The dark is spreading for sure though...I LOVE that little brown section in the middle of her forehead! It's like a little star only in brown instead of white.
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

Female Join date : 2015-07-07

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 4:03 pm

She is so pretty! She has the same colors as our little Cain!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bear'smom
Newborn
Newborn
Bear'smom

Female Join date : 2017-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 11:22 pm

How fun watching her grow and change! I can't get over how much her coloring has changed. I wonder if Bear's coloring and facial markings will change. We don't pick him up from the breeder for another 9 days and I know he'll be so much bigger and so different. Sad
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Thanks everyone! The grey and whites are so interesting to watch grow.
The color changes every week!

Artic_Wind wrote:
The dark is spreading for sure though...I LOVE that little brown section in the middle of her forehead! It's like a little star only in brown instead of white.

The dark sure is spreading but it's beginning to dilute. She's starting to look like a silver and white. You were right Jimmy!

Week 13: 19 weeks old
puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 Dsc01210
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Bear'smom wrote:
How fun watching her grow and change! I can't get over how much her coloring has changed. I wonder if Bear's coloring and facial markings will change. We don't pick him up from the breeder for another 9 days and I know he'll be so much bigger and so different. Sad

That last week before you get your puppy is torture! Try to relax and enjoy it though because you are in for a busy and sometimes frustrating couple of months after the pup arrives
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 12:35 am

eddycaaa wrote:
Thanks everyone! The grey and whites are so interesting to watch grow.
The color changes every week!

Artic_Wind wrote:

The dark sure is spreading but it's beginning to dilute. She's starting to look like a silver and white. You were right Jimmy!

Week 13: 19 weeks old
puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 Dsc01210

Wow!!! This is the most she has changed in a week, I think! She is looking gorgeous! I just love her face/head and her coloring is looking awesome! She's getting taller too huh!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 11:38 pm

she looks so cool, love the mask.
Back to top Go down
Caylene
Newborn
Newborn
Caylene

Female Join date : 2017-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Oh goodness, she's just gorgeous! I love her facial markings.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 10:25 am

Artic_Wind wrote:

Wow!!! This is the most she has changed in a week, I think! She is looking gorgeous! I just love her face/head and her coloring is looking awesome! She's getting taller too huh!

I know right! We were on vacation in Bayfield, Wisconsin when the dramatic changes happened. Everyone noticed when we got home. I joked it must've been the Wisconsin Cheese, haha. She is getting taller. Around 16 inches at the withers; 25 lbs

RedFlashFire05 wrote:
she looks so cool, love the mask.

Thanks!

Caylene wrote:
Oh goodness, she's just gorgeous! I love her facial markings.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 10:29 am

Kay is looking more wolf grey this week. There's more beige/brown coming through.

Week 14: 20 weeks old
puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 Dsc01410
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Just beautiful.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 4:55 pm

that is so cool. very cute.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Thanks guys!

This goofball is growing so fast. She gets spayed on Monday

Week 15: 21 weeks old
puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 Dsc01411
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 7:36 pm

she looks so bouncy and happy.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 12:36 pm

5 days post ovary-sparing spay surgery. She is healing beautifully! The hardest part about her healing is keeping her from running and jumping! From day 1 it has been next to impossible. I have to sedate her with Benedryl which doesn't really help all the much. I'm sorry but the no running and jumping for 14 days after surgery is a joke for a rambunctious husky puppy.  

Week 16: 22 weeks old
puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 Dsc01510
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 2:31 pm

If b it's any consolation, after my first girls spay, when she came out of anaesthesia, she broke out of her cage, dived through the glass storm door and found her way home over 3-5 miles.  She did fine.  The vet very nearly died of heart failure :p
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2017 6:07 pm

amymeme wrote:
If b it's any consolation, after my first girls spay, when she came out of anaesthesia, she broke out of her cage, dived through the glass storm door and found her way home over 3-5 miles.  She did fine.  The vet very nearly died of heart failure :p

Oh my god! Shocked I'm glad she was okay. A Husky's determination is a force to be reckoned with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Kay   puppy - 52 weeks of Kay - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

52 weeks of Kay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next