It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My Husky was stolen last night.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RiotAndAmanda
Newborn
Newborn
RiotAndAmanda

Female Join date : 2011-03-04

night - My Husky was stolen last night.  Empty
PostSubject: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:03 pm

The day started off with Meeka (Husky) and Lola (Parrot) playing together, i walked in the room and found Meeka with Lolas head in her mouth. Lola was in no distress, they were playing. I was freaked out and separated them. Lolas feathers looked like she had alot of hair gel in. Irrelevant to the story, but still kind of funny.

My Fiancée and I are moving to Denver when i get out of the Army, we are looking for an apartment/house to rent , so we headed up there for the weekend. It was also Amandas Birthday so we were going out with her friends. We booked the hotel thru hotwire.com. It said the hotels that we might get were pet friendly. We ended up booking the Garden Hilton in Cherry creek. Def not Pet Friendly, so we arranged for Meeka to stay at Amandas moms retirement home. We dropped her off and went to the Hotel to unwind. Her mother had to go out and do some wedding things with her other daughter, who is also getting married.

She arrived back about 5pm, 3 hours before we are supposed to go out. She called us and told us that somebody took Meeka, she was in tears and had her friend verify, as we were in shock and thought it was a joke. They said it might have been the humane society. We dropped what we were doing and drove over there. On the way, i called the management company who owned the place, but after 5 on a friday, there was just an operator who couldnt assist me. We arrived on the scene to find her mom in tears, with other people out in the lobby. All of them quite old and each had a different story of what happened. Something weird was going on. I saw an emergency contact number, so i called it. Next to me, an extremely old mans cell phone began to ring, sure enough , it was him i was calling. It took him a few moments as i kept trying to explain to him i was calling him. He didnt seem to comprehend what was going on. They told us that the cops were called and on the way. I decided to do my own detective work. Only that really old man would have had a key to the room. The room was dead bolted and re locked, somebody heard her in there (the place allows pets) and went in. The reports were that she was running around the complex and got outside (thru two doors that have to be manually opened. ) The apparently the dog catcher was just waiting out there for her. Seems like a set up to me. The cop arrived and began interviewing people. Poor cop had to write down all these crazy stories from all these crazy people. He ended up getting ahold of the humane society dispatch. The confirmed that they had a call to go out there , but it was canceled. The cop asked if they had the name of the canceler. The replied with the ladies name and gasps filled the room. I had no idea, but apparently it was a lady on the third floor. The cop went to talk to her. After about 20 minutes he came down. He said he knows where the dog was and was trying to get ahold of the lady. Then the lady who canceled came down. She was a very large woman on a motor scooter. She told us that Meeka was inside and got outside, so she "Chased" her down. and caught her. Meeka had dog tags, but she lost them a few days ago while playing. So the lady said she called the Humane Society, and a lady whos dad is in the retirement home, walked by and saw her with the dog. She was a big husky lover and had never seen Meeka there so she began asking questions. She asked if the she could take her and try and find the owners. The lady on the scooter told her that she was turning her over to the pound. When the pound got there, the lady again pleaded to take meeka and not let her go to the pound. Since Meeka did not have a collar, she was technically owned by anybody, and the lady was free to take her.

The cop was able to locate the Ladys father and got her phone number. She lived 30 mins away but was more then happy to let us come pick her up. We left there and went to pick her up. When we got there she told me how the lady on the scooter had Meeka in some other ladys room for a bit and she was well aware that it was somebodys dog. We were relieved t have her, but could not take her back to the retirement home. Now it was almost 11pm and we had a dog and an non pet friendly hotel. It was to late to find a place to keep Meeka. We tried talking to the Hotel, but they were unable to help us, we had no choice but to check out, and since we booked thru hotwire, there was no refund on that night, or the next one that we booked. As if it wasnt hard enough to find a pet friendly hotel, Denver was booked with the NCAA tournament and some native American Pow-Wow. As i was leaving the hotel, I had Amandas Sparkling Purse on my shoulder, she was waiting in the jeep with Meeka. I got on to the elevator. It was filed with about 10 giggling high school female basketball players who informed me that the purse doesnt match my sandels

Embarassed :

We eventually found Refuge at the LA Quinta Inn. Not only are they all Pet friendly with no xtra pet charge, but the room was alot Cheaper, the staff is friendly and the Room is nicer then the Hiltons. It was a long day, we wasted a good bit of money and Amanda missed her Birthday party, but, at the end of the day, it was good to relax with my two favorite girls. Safe and Sound. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:49 pm

That there is one helluva tale. You got seriously lucky.
Back to top Go down
RiotAndAmanda
Newborn
Newborn
RiotAndAmanda

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:53 pm

lol thanks, they never did figure out who opened the door and let her out. she gets fixed thursday and we are getting her the micro chip
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Wow! Glad it ended well though Smile

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:48 pm

harrise wrote:
That there is one helluva tale. You got seriously lucky.

sure is!...i'm glad it ended well....

Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:31 pm

wow!! glad she is home safe and sound!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Reading half way through, I thought for sure you were going to say the old man with the key stole her to sell her! I think maybe I watch too many movies. Glad it all worked out for you!
Back to top Go down
RiotAndAmanda
Newborn
Newborn
RiotAndAmanda

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:02 pm

I thought that's what happened too. He is the only guy who had access to te room. Im still confused about the motives but I think it was just them trying to be mean and send our pup to the pound :/
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Wow, I was about to cry thinking that you'd never see Meeka again! I'm so happy that you got her back!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:30 am

OMG. I am soo glad Meeka is back with you and safe!! If you ever find yourself in a situation like that again, you've got my email - hubby and I have a yard and an extra room, you'd be welcome to stay.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:47 am

woooow! what an eventful day! Glad you guys got her back!
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:08 am

holy Wow Thats Scary !~ Glad u Got her
Back to top Go down
bingnblaze
Puppy
Puppy
bingnblaze

Female Join date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:18 pm

omg wow - so glad u got her back!!!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:18 am

Glad she's back! What a crazy story!

So that lady you picked her up from sounds like she realized that there was some crazy person at work here and it sounds like she was holding Meeka safely until someone found her? Is that right?

night - My Husky was stolen last night.  Hailey10
Back to top Go down
RiotAndAmanda
Newborn
Newborn
RiotAndAmanda

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Thank you for the offer Kate, and thank you everybody for the well wishes. Im not so sure they lady was excited to give Meeka back, but once she saw how happy Meeka was to see us, she knew we were the rightful owners. Im glad everything worked out, i know Lola would have missed her friend : )
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 12:40 pm

Well at least she was nicer/more sane than the other lady!

What a bizarre story!

night - My Husky was stolen last night.  Hailey10
Back to top Go down
SiberianHuskySibhee
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat May 07, 2011 5:55 am

Can Huskies be guard dogs such as Doberman? I want to train my Sibhee to be a guard dog so that I can sleep soundly at night. I'm afraid of thieves who breaks into your house.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  EmptySat May 07, 2011 4:37 pm

In a word, no. If you want a guard dog I suggest you look into a different breed as all the research you did or should have done prior to getting a husky would have told you that huskies do NOT make good guard dogs and would welcome strangers and thieves with lots of affection and kisses. Also training a dog to be a guard dog is serious business regardless of breed, it's not something to be taken lightly. If you ever do train a dog to be a guard dog please learn how to go about it properly and work with or seek the advice of a professional. An improperly trained guard dog can be a serious liability and a danger to society, please take this matter very seriously. I would not advise training a sibe for this task at all, it goes against the nature of the breed which is hard enough to work against anyway. Siberians tend to look scary enough to most people that are not familiar with the breed so that is often a good deterrent in and of itself.

PostSubject: Re: My Husky was stolen last night.    night - My Husky was stolen last night.  Empty

Back to top Go down

My Husky was stolen last night.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-