It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Knoxville, TN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snow
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2011-03-20

Hello from Knoxville, TN Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:48 am

Hi y'all! We're from Knoxville, TN! GO VOLS! J.D. was my first Husky (first picture). He's about three years old now. He's got a little Shar Pei mixed in. I rescued him last year from the Young Williams Animal Shelter. His temperament is typically chilled and he loves playing with toys and other dogs. Four months after I rescued J.D., we rescued Skye (second picture) from the Young Williams Animal Shelter after visiting family from Michigan. J.D. really had a blast with my sister's dog that I decided to get another husky. Skye tends to stay on her bean bag chair and she loves chewing on rawhide and pretty much anything left in her vision. Skye is about two years old now. One day we went hiking by the Norris Dam, north of Knoxville and they wore me out! The third picture is the aftermath of them conquering me and they took over the couch as their spoils. Yes, that remote on the ottoman in the third picture is now destroyed. I learned my lesson, four remotes later. I'm starting bikejoring next month and I need some feedback from my Knoxville folks here. Where can we train? I live in an apartment in North Knoxville, and we frequent the Victor Ashe Park often which is probably where we will try to start training. I'll be contacting the TWRA this week as well to see what other parks are friendly to mushers.

Hello from Knoxville, TN Jd12 Hello from Knoxville, TN Skye11 Hello from Knoxville, TN Couch10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 am

Welcome to the Forum!
Have fun bikjoring! My girl loves it!

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Your two are gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Hello and welcome, Brian! You have a very cute pair of fluffies and kudos to you for rescuing them.

Sorry I'm no help on the training trails as we're not in TN. Hope someone can offer some advice.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:20 am

Welcome! Gorgeous dogs Smile

Hello from Knoxville, TN Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:29 am

Welcome! Did I read ur girl skye is husky? She looks to have very short fur?

Newborn
Newborn
Luk Luk's Mom

Female Join date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Welcome - we're in Hendersonville, TN - just north of Nashville
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:40 am

Welcome and thanks for rescuing those beautiful pups!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
myndsplyntur
Puppy
Puppy
myndsplyntur

Female Join date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi! I also live in Knoxville, and we also rescued our girl but it was from the Humane Society of the TN Valley (the pink building, hah!) ... welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Knoxville, TN   Hello from Knoxville, TN Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Knoxville, TN

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1