It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

Male Join date : 2017-04-14

Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid Empty
PostSubject: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 11:30 am

One of Yuka's canines is coming trough, but his puppy canine is still there and looks likes its just being pushed aside instead of pushed out. Will this still happen or do i need to keep an eye on it. With my previous puppy the puppy canines were pushed out before the adult canines came out so wondering if the puppy canine will still come out when the adult canine doesn't push it out right away or if i should go to the vet. The tip of the puppy canine broke off a few weeks ago, so don't worry about that  Wink

Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid 20170611

Last edited by Marco Berck on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 11:43 am

Is the puppy tooth at least loose? The smaller teeth may push it out later but if it's not loose at all it could cause the new teeth to crowd.

Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 11:50 am

Thank you for the reply .... It does move around a bit
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 11:54 am

I would look into something like a cow ear, something chewy and encourage some chewing. If it's some loose it should be capable of being worked out on its own. The coloring looks like it's already died so shouldn't hurt him to wiggle it often yourself if he doesn't want to chew it out on his own.

Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 12:14 pm

He's been chewing quite a bit the past few days on a snack thing, not sure how to call it in English, so doesn't look like he's really in pain and he's trying to get it out. Guess ill keep a close eye on it in the next few days and see if it gets loose more then. Will start wiggling it every now and then and look for some cow ears tomorrow Smile ... All the other teeth have grown very nice so far and i really want to prevent any problems with his teeth. Thank you !
Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Seems like the lower canines aren't doing much better, or is this normal ?

Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid 20170612

So difficult to make pictures from puppy teeth btw XD
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 4:23 pm

I've seen it in humans but not as much in dogs. Normal but a pain. Usually have to go ahead and have the baby tooth pulled. As the adult teeth aren't in very far yet they may yet go ahead and push at the baby teeth enough to get them to fall out, but hard to really say right now. They have definitely pushed at the baby teeth from the looks of how wide the baby teeth sit. As the new teeth come in a little more it will be easier to tell if they are going to go ahead and get rid of the old. They may act much like the top that you are dealing with where the tooth does die but might require a little help to come on out through chewing or wiggling by hand.

Newborn
Newborn
Stihl1816

Female Join date : 2016-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 10:11 am

My pup had a similar thing going on when his adult teeth were coming in and we just happened to be at the vet for something else when the vet noticed it. He didn't seem worried about it and because the tooth was already dead, it just eventually fell out on its own. I'd keep an eye on it to make sure an infection doesn't develop, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it!

**ETA Photo: I was actually able to find an old photo from last year! You can see some of his teeth are coming in around the baby teeth. (And I agree with you about taking pictures of puppy teeth!)

Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid Fghj10

Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 11:19 pm

With Yuka it's with all 4 canines now, .. He's been chewing on ears which made him lose 2 molars, but no change with the canines. Got an appointment with the dentist tomorrow who will have a look, I didn't even know they had a specialized pet dentist at my vet so i'm sure he will know what needs to be done Smile
Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 11:26 am

Just got back from the dentist, she said the canines are starting to get loose so she doesn't want to do anything just yet. Got another appointment in three weeks. Her advice was to get one of those heavy rubber balls that just fits in his mouth and play often with that to help push the puppy canines out so i will be getting one of those in a bit ... Now the trick will be to get him to play with it often enough because he gets bored pretty easy with toys, a game of fetch usually only lasts like 3 minutes XD.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Marco, I have a Jolly ball that's the only toy that Avalanche will play with. I throw it and he'll bring it back (or "kill it")
In either case, it's big enough and heavy enough that it might help dislodge those teeth. Typically, NONE of mine play fetch but he will fetch the jolly ball for a while, then it's a circle or three of the yard with his prize before he "kills it" (no damage to the ball, just swinging it around as if he were killing a varmint.)

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptySun Jun 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank for the link ... Did get another ball though, pretty heavy one which worked pretty well. Yuka lost his lower two canines now after playing with they ball and a tug session with a rope,... the upper canines are going to be more difficult though as they are right against the adult canines, but they do move so i hope the will come out as well so they don't need to be removed at the vet. Keeping my fingers crossed Smile

Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid 20170614
Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Little update on the canines, the day before i had another appointment with the pet dentist the last canine came out on it's own Smile ... So no more worries there.

Now Yuka has something else ... probably nothing to worry about, but he has swelling around his left eye . Went for a walk with Yuka and when we got back he ate and went for a nice sleep in his crate for about 2 hours. Woke him up to go for another walk and noticed his eye lid was swollen.

Maybe he got bitten by a mosquito or something? ....
Going to keep an eye on it anyway if the swelling gets worse or if he keeps scratching. So far it doesn't seem to bother him though and i can touch it without him backing away.

Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid Y_110

Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid Y_210
Back to top Go down
Marco Berck
Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 11:41 am

The eye is looking normal again Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 11:46 am

Yay. Was in the middle of replying when you posted. I would still watch for itching.

Puppy
Puppy
Marco Berck

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 6:19 pm

Havent seen him scratch today, so looks to be just fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid   Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy canine still there & Swollen eyelid

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1