It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:22 pm

Beautiful!
I'm still waiting to see if those bulbs that I had JD plant out front is going to sprout!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:43 pm

The tulips are gorgeous! I'm so jealous of you folks being able to grow tulips! Up in the NC mountains we saw tulips blooming all over the place. Blast the warm SC weather!

Can you call up or email your HOA to get a status update? I remember when we were waiting for our fence approval, they approved it but forgot to send out an approval letter and here we were waiting and waiting. Stupid HOA. Rolling Eyes

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:04 pm

i called on tue and i guess they were meeting last night or tonight cause it kept getting pushed back... i hope i get a call by tomorrow. oh and someone came and took some rock last night after posting it for free on Craigs list!

im jealous of you for being able to grow roses!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:02 pm

I know I've seen roses here in the Denver area?! Or was I hallucinating?
What the heck do I know, anyway...I buy what I think is pretty and tell JD to plant it! And I don't know what they are, other than 'pretty flowers'! LOL!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Claudia,
we can grow roses here but it takes A LOT of care and watering and soil and way to much work for me! in PA i had a lot of rose bushes cause i LOVE them! i buy whats 50% off and see if it comes back next year, it always seems the plants i buy at full price or from a high end garden center never live past the summer so i gave up on trying with that. i do think when i get to my one back corner and front bed i will care about height plants more than anything.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:51 pm

Well WITH OUT the approval of our HOA we went ahead and built our shed this weekend, my husband and i never have the same day off anymore and with him being off easter we had the day together so we spend 3.5hrs getting the shed all most done before heading off to my aunts easter dinner!
Sat morn i was up bright and early and got to work on the platform of pavers. i got it done just in time to head to our husky meet up! so much easier then the flagstone!
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 IMG_20110423_122012
and here is our shed
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 IMG_20110424_142448
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 IMG_20110424_142502
we need to put the doors on and the side window and the side cabinet but then its done. we think we can do that next sat morn before he has to head to work. im gonna take that hated rock i have and line the sides behind and on the side of the shed with the fence so that it is finished off looking and to help keep the dogs from pooing back there as this was a main "dumping" ground that the shed now sits on....
and here are my seeds, growing away!
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 IMG_20110425_084002

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Looking good, Jenn! Hopefully you get an approval soon!

Those seeds are coming along nicely too.

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Do you have the shed anchored?
One good wind storm and it'll end up next to the missing doggy pool.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Do you have the shed anchored?
One good wind storm and it'll end up next to the missing doggy pool.
its about 200lbs it self and i figured once all the shit gets in there it would be heavy enough.... am i wrong in thinking that?

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Do you have tornados or anything like really excessive winds? We always anchored sheds down, but we lived to FL before so with hurricanes that was a must. Even here in Charleston we are vulnerable to hurricane force winds so we'd still have to anchor a shed down. If you don't ever get excessively high winds then if you've got that thing full of heavy equipment you may not need to anchor it.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm really not sure how I would anchor it down... we get high winds but its more of bursts then constent

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:33 am

Got our approval letter yesterday for the shed! One less thing on the mind now.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:53 am

Yay! Very Happy

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:24 pm

jbealer wrote:

Does that mean its empty now?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
jbealer wrote:

Does that mean its empty now?
the shed has been empty and with out the doors or window installed on it yet! that is Sat/Sun project as long as the weather stays dry and its not looking good so far, i can do the cold not the cold/wet! once its done it will get filled, buying shelving unites tonight.

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:46 pm

ZOOOOOOOOOOM!

Boy that one flew well over your head................ I meant your head.

Tori, I think I need a new title as my Comedic Relief is faltering.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Yep right over!

Hahaha that gave me a good laught as I'm sitting in traffic trying to get home!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 pm

lol!

What do you mean? This gave me a good chuckle Razz

Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:48 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:43 am

Just call me Val! Embarassed

I stoped at HD on my way home for the good flower sale and I ended up with 17 plants!! affraid
I have them hiding in my car, and the worst part is I can't plant (AKA, "hide" them) tomorrow due to the snow we are gonna get on sat. Kens gonna yell when he sees them all. Will take a pic. Tomorrow in the daylight and I guess their gonna go to work with me till I can think of a safe place to stash them Wink

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 6:40 am

lol!

Hey I'm not that bad! In all fairness I always get approval from the hubby first before I buy my flowers! Laughing

Jenn, spill the beans! What did you end up getting?!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:41 am

what?? we're getting snow tomorrow? does that mean hiking for me could be cancelled??? better check the weather report.

you can 'hide' them at my house! i promise i won't plant them in MY garden... Smile

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:42 am

maybe JD and I need to head to HD today so he can plant them on Sunday while I'm at the pet expo....

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:49 pm

ok HD had 3 for $10 2.5q so i got
Lavender, millefollm moonshine, and a red hot-poker
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 P4281114
then they had 1.7p for $2 each- this is where i went over board!
bugleweed, viola
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 P4281115
sandwart, wallflower
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 P4281116
forget me nots, seapink splendant
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 P4281117
salvia, coral bells
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 P4281119
speedwell, cheddar pinks firestar
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 P4281118
columbine
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 P4281120
Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 P4281121
there is a good chance i mixed some up but it gives you an idea, i moved them into the shed for the weekend of bad weather, next week its looking like 60's so we will see, in CO really should not plant till after May 13 i think...

Claudia, yes you need to go to HD and get some flowers! and there is a good chance for a wash out tomorrow for your hiking.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm soooo jealous! I was ogling the coral bells at Lowes about 2 weeks ago hinting/telling the hubby how much I would like to get some. Wink Ha, maybe I'll get lucky at HD tomorrow. silent Fingers crossed he'll be in a good mood tomorrow.

I don't think I'm going to leave it to chance, I'm going to make a nice yummy dinner tonight and a really nice breakfast tomorrow morning.

He's been hinting that it would be nice if he would come home from work and find his bookshelf built...I might need to get off the computer and start on that (at least show that I did something). Combine that with a nice, quiet evening of quality time with the wife Wink and if that doesn't soften him up I don't know what will!

Can't wait to see your new plants in the ground Jenn! Even if you hid them at first, how would you explain their sudden new appearance in the yard? Suspect

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011   Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jenn's Gardening Thread---what will this summer bring-2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next