It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pasasdf
Newborn
Newborn

Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!) Empty
PostSubject: Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!)   Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!) EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 1:21 am

Hi!

Our 5 months old puppy have endless diarrhea. I think she could have just sensitive stomach, but I want to know what do you think.

In a one week Laika have only two or three none diarrhea days. Then poop is normal, but mostly it's pretty wet or diarrhea. I've noticed that dirty water (outside), berries, soil and most of the dog treats are making him stomach reacting like that. Does she just have very very sensitive stomach or could it be something else? Her fur is normal, she eats, drinks and sleeps normally and she is active. Nothing isn't change since this starts. It started when she was something 3 or 3,5 months old.

What should I do? Should I just give her regular dog food (Planet Pet, Profine, Sammy's Field) and hope that this will end or give raw? Could it help? Or is this something really bad...?

She have her vaccinations and we dewormed her just few days ago. I don't know is it same medicine name there, but with Axilur.

Last edited by Pasasdf on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pasasdf
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!)   Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!) EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 1:23 am

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is pictures of her diarrhea:

Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!) Img_2014

Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!) Img_2015

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING

POOP WARNING
Back to top Go down
Husky911
Puppy
Puppy
Husky911

Male Join date : 2017-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!)   Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!) EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 3:38 am

Hi Pasasdf,

Oh the diarrhea posts.  Love'em Smile.  As you've mentioned huskies do have a more of a sensitive stomach than others.  But while, it's ok to have diarrhea on occasion, maybe not constantly.  I'm sure it's causing you lots of stress. I know I did when Echo had waterfalls coming out of his bum for the better part of his puppyhood.

First off, I think we need to discern whether or not this is a diet thing or a medical reason.  If your dog is acting normal, eating well, and otherwise healthy post recent vet visit, I'll assume diet for now unless he shows otherwise.  Also a cheaper and easier quick fix and avoids a vet visit which means bills >.<.  You need to stop feeding your dog everything and switch to a bland diet of chicken and rice.  Nothing else.  No treats, no kibble, no human food.  Just chicken and rice.  Prior to the bland diet, I also recommend fasting your dog for 24 hours.  This allows all the bad stuff to be flushed out of his system, allows his GI tract to rest.   I found this to be one of the most important steps in recovering from a bout of diarrhea.  As a little caveat here, if your dog won't eat the chicken and rice, (my dog wouldn't), my bland diet typically consisted of rice, chicken, 1 tbsp of puree pumpkin and 5-10 nuggets of his regular kibble...Keep feeding bland diet until you get a couple days of solid poops.  Then start slowly transitioning him back to his regular diet over the course of a week like you're switching food.

If you're wondering what puree pumpkin is. It literally is 100% pumpkin that has been mashed. You can find it in a can at the grocery store typically in the baking aisle. Make sure you buy the stuff without any additives and sugar, etc...(the one and only ingredient labelled should be pumpkin).

Now let's talk food.  What exactly are you feeding him?  I would recommend a grain free diet (grain usually being the culprit) of a high quality kibble like Orijen.  There are a lot of other brands out there...just do some research. https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/  That's a good place to start.  Find your food.  Check your rating.  How much are you feeding your dog? Over feeding can also lead to lose stool.  While it shouldn't be watery like your pictures, it could still contribute to loose stools.  

IF your dog still has diarrhea despite your attempts with a bland diet...I would then consider medical and you'll have to bring a diarrhea sample in and go see your vet.

Now to share some of my experiences with my dog & finding the right diet balance.  Echo had terrible runs as a puppy.  He ate everything he could find outside which made it worse.  The older he got, the worse it seemed to get.   I would fix his upset tummy and have relief for 2-3 weeks and then he would eat something he shouldn't like a leaf, and waterfalls out of his ass again.  This kept cycling until about 2 months ago when I switched him to raw.  I considered trying out different kibble brands, but was worried about him having diarrhea during the transition and the duration it took to transition. So I decided to try RAW. The effects were immediate. After fasting him for 24 hours and feeding him his first meal (100% immediate transition was recommended), his poops came out rock solid.  I was amazed.  While RAW is not for everybody, it's definitely a consideration you may want to take throughout this process.  But this is more of a future consideration.  Fix the diarrhea first, because I would not recommend you switch to RAW until you know his diarrhea is only diet thing and make sure his GI is back to normal before switching foods.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!)   Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!) EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 10:39 am

Not sure what you are feeding right now, but you mention water outside and that can be a host for giardia which won't be fixed by a standard deworming. If the diarrhea smells really bad that is a sign that it could be parasite related and will require a vet visit with stool sample.

PostSubject: Re: Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!)   Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Endless diarrhea (+ poop warning!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1