It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My first Husky, Some concern..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
carnage
Newborn
Newborn
carnage

Male Join date : 2017-09-19

Husky - My first Husky, Some concern..  Empty
PostSubject: My first Husky, Some concern..    Husky - My first Husky, Some concern..  EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Hello everybody,

What a wonderfull discovery to find that website today.. I am living in belgium, so please, excuse my english..

7 Days ago, i finally realized my dream.. Since the death of my father, my mother and i, didnt took others dogs.. I always dreamed to have a husky because i like their livestyle, their look, and their "wolves" origines. And i finally buyed one.

The problems is that i suspect the place where i buyed him to not threat them well. He's born the 10 March 2017, in hungary.

Here is my concern : He's very very submissive and affraid of everythings, litteraly. He make big progress since i have him, but he can't poo/pee outside because he's affraid of car, and people.. We already start to run together, and make 4/5 times a day 10-30 min trip outside to try to socialize him and show him the " world ".

Inside the house he's affraid of me.. I mean, he's sleeping in my bedroom, and he wait for me to either sleep for eating, or i have to take the crocs in my hands and give to him, to feed him..

I have read a lot about it and i suspect him to has been taken too early from his mom, and on multiple internet ressources, they said, its a neurological bound that can never be fixed.. He have to live with it.. Please is there someone that can tell me its false? And it can be perfect with love and time?

I dont want for him to constantly be affraid..

Thanks in advance, here is a picture of the lil boy Smile

Husky - My first Husky, Some concern..  21762410
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My first Husky, Some concern..    Husky - My first Husky, Some concern..  EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Dogs that are taken too early usually miss out on socialization points they need. This often manifests in too rough play (even for a husky) and biting and nipping that is hard to stop. did you get from a breeder or the previous owner who had gotten her from the breeder? Was it with any of its siblings still? Such as they may have bought two pups and decided they wanted rid of one? Littermate sydrome is a pain to get past. Often with that you will have one outgoing dog who has all the confidence in the world and then the other becomes stifled by the other and never really gets a chance to come out of its shell. Lots of praise and a high value treat when she does what you want her to do, such as potty outside, to encourage her to do things despite her fear. Training will bond her to you and help her learn to trust you. Most of all, time. Time heals all wounds, even emotional ones for dogs who may have been mistreated.

Newborn
Newborn
carnage

Male Join date : 2017-09-19

PostSubject: Re: My first Husky, Some concern..    Husky - My first Husky, Some concern..  EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Hello, thanks for your answers!

I buyed him from animalery and if i knew it was so bad i wouldnt have buyed him there..

He was with his sisters and 8 others dogs in his box, and his sisters was affraid just like him...

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My first Husky, Some concern..    Husky - My first Husky, Some concern..  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2017 10:33 am

Pet stores can be really traumatizing for dogs. Overcrowding, competing for food, sometimes people who are looking at them through the glass or crates will tease them. It's a horrible environment. Usually dogs who end up in pet stores are taken away from their mother and siblings far too early but in your case your pup was left with its siblings and put in a horrible spot for a long time if he's been there since he was 6-7 weeks old. If I read right he's now 6 months! Which is a really long time to be stuck in a pet shop with those conditions. It will take time and patience but I'm sure you can do it. Just keep reminding yourself during the rough patches that it's worth it and that you are giving this pup a life it probably wouldn't have ever had if you hadn't taken it. Some shops will 'get rid of' pups after a certain age and some don't do it kindly.

PostSubject: Re: My first Husky, Some concern..    Husky - My first Husky, Some concern..  Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Husky, Some concern..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1