It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

G'day from Aus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
loki_said_smile
Newborn
Newborn

G'day from Aus  Empty
PostSubject: G'day from Aus    G'day from Aus  EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:01 am

Hi all,

Figured I would stop in and say hello.

I have already learnt a lot just from the reading I have bene doing here. Loving all the knowledge and view points people bring into each thread.

Loki is just over 3 months old ( 13 weeks Smile ) I am the equivalent of a proud first parent. Hilarious for all those who know me, my horses and dogs in the past have been well trained working pets.

This dog in just a month has managed to make me bend every single rule I have had for pets in the past, and I wouldn't change a thing Laughing

In a round about way he literally got dropped at my door about five weeks ago one night. I remember me staring at him as he sat confused on my kitchen floor wondering what I was going to do. Wondering just how I was going to break it to my partner " Hun, I did it again" probably wouldn't work this time.

In any case, he is still here. With any luck paper work will be processed this week to have ownership transferred ( providing his original owner provided the correct details ).

Because I take too many photos, I figured I would spam everyone in this thread . First photo was 9 weeks old, last photo was 12 weeks. He is growing like a weed.   Very Happy  

G'day from Aus  Img_9410

G'day from Aus  Img_0010

G'day from Aus  810

G'day from Aus  510
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

G'day from Aus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Aus    G'day from Aus  EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 am

Welcome to the forum! You have a beautiful husky. I hope everything works out with the ownership transfer. Nothing hurts worse than becoming attached only to have them ripped from you. I worry about it with all my rescues for the first while wondering if the original owners will suddenly magically show up wanting their dog back. Stick to your guns. Don't let him bend your rules too much. They have every intent to turn us into their slaves and often they get the job done. lol.

Teenager
Teenager
Misty Mia Husky

Female Join date : 2017-09-19

G'day from Aus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Aus    G'day from Aus  EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 pm

>>I worry about it with all my rescues for the first while wondering if the original owners will suddenly magically show up wanting their dog back. <<

Oh, Jenn, me too! I keep worrying that Misty's former owner(s) will suddenly contact the shelter where we got her and demand to know where their dog is. I'd have a hard time holding back -- "Where've you been for the last three months?!?! Why didn't you ever train your dog!?!? Why was she starved when they found her?!?!? I AM HUSKY MOM -- HEAR ME WOOOO!!!!" Wink

Loki is a gorgeous pup! Good luck with the transfer -- and the training!
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

Female Join date : 2015-07-07

G'day from Aus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Aus    G'day from Aus  EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 12:46 pm

Gorgeous pup!! Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
loki_said_smile
Newborn
Newborn

G'day from Aus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Aus    G'day from Aus  EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 5:08 am

Thanks guys Smile

I called the Register as it has been three weeks since lodging paper work. They said that they need to give the original owner 23 days to respond. As I have a signature from the "owner" worst case scenario seems to be playing out. She wasn't the actual owner / the "breeder" never transferred the ownership initially. Crossing my fingers for that successful transfer email in five working days time. Otherwise cue crazy Huksy mum rage.

Completely understand everyones paranoia about our dogs just being taken away. I am feeling it.

Thanks for the heads up, his training is going well. Have people pulling over and commenting on how cute he is / how amazing he walks ( sits at roads so on ). I just nod and try to refrain from telling them what he is like 90% of the time or handing him over to them for a night Razz

Have had to get much tougher the last week or so. He is pushing the boundaries something shocking this week. Puppy joys Rolling Eyes But really considering the circumstances he is doing super!˙
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

G'day from Aus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Aus    G'day from Aus  EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 am

Stunning pictures! Such a beautiful little pup. Best of luck to you in getting ownership transferred to you with no hiccups, and welcome to the forum! Hope you post a lot more pictures! You can start a scrapbook here for him with your pics, it's always fun looking back and seeing how much they've changed from time to time. I really should start mine up again.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

Female Join date : 2017-11-09

G'day from Aus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Aus    G'day from Aus  EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Sweet pup! So worth the shenanigans of training and fingers crossed the paperwork is done right away.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

G'day from Aus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Aus    G'day from Aus  EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pm

very adorable little guy, keeps fingers crossed for smooth paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

G'day from Aus  Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from Aus    G'day from Aus  Empty

Back to top Go down

G'day from Aus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-