It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Me and Blue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BluesNewHuman
Newborn
Newborn
BluesNewHuman

Male Join date : 2017-12-10

blue - Me and Blue  Empty
PostSubject: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 3:30 am

Hello everyone.
My Name is Randy and i'm Blue's new Human.

Blue is year and half old Siberian Husky that had ruff go of things.
His 1st owner was nice to him and put some time into training Blue.

But things change and blue had to go to 4 more owners,  They were not so nice to him.
One of my friends got him from last owner who was going to dump the dog at pound or worse.  

I knew of a Husky Rescue few hours from me. So i drove 3 hours the other way to pick him up.
Needless 3 hour drive home and Blue was as good as gold.
Called husky rescue only to find out they had 4 other huskys in shelters waiting for help.

Husky rescue was very nice and offered to help me place Blue,
So off to vet for shots and blood work,   And get him ready for a little snip snip that was not done when he was younger,
I was not worried about putting some money into him to help him get a new start.

But Blue bonded well with me,  Even in short time this blue eyes dog decided i was his human.
I decided i could not hurt him by giving up on him like so many others have done.

My last dog lived to 21 years old. I have helped show and train dogs over the years,
But never a Husky,   I have been reading up on as much as i can,  watching vids talking to people as everything
I learn and pick up will help him.
blue - Me and Blue  Bluesi11
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/BluesNewHome/
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

Female Join date : 2017-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 10:13 am

Yay, Blue! Welcome.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 11:57 am

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for rescuing him.

Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Such a cool story. So happy you found each other, he's a great looking husky. Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
BluesNewHuman
Newborn
Newborn
BluesNewHuman

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Thank your very much.
He is a wonder full dog, But he has some probs and hope with time
and training he will over come them.
Ether way i'm in for the long haul.

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 5:20 pm

Good on you Randy!!! If he's your first Husky (am I reading that right?) then you'll find that they are definitely a unique breed - but they grow on you!!

Thanks for the effort of trying to find him a new home and then giving him one!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
BluesNewHuman
Newborn
Newborn
BluesNewHuman

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 6:19 pm

My border collie lived to 21 years old and my sheltie lived 16 years.
So like i said i'm in for long haul.

I know there a unique breed and some training methods that work with other breeds
ends in husky howling and doing his own thing. lol
Simple things like sit, paw, lay down are easy. Come, stay take a little longer with a husky.

Walking him on leash good luck he walks u,  But with harness he is fine,  So someone put in the time there.  In the house,  No probs,  he will sit and howl at door to go out.   He is now gets his harness when he knows it walk time.   Very excited when putting it on,  Again Husky lol

The probs i did have with him that would have hurt his chances of getting a new home.
He was scared of collar so putting one on him and he back up show them teeth.
That took only few days of slip rope leash on and off him going out side for him to learn not to be scared.

But he is great in the car and in the truck at work with me.

blue - Me and Blue  Trucks10
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptySun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 pm

congratulation on finding each other. that was a nice story.
Back to top Go down
th1921
Puppy
Puppy
th1921

Female Join date : 2015-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 am

So glad he found you!! He is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Misty Mia Husky
Teenager
Teenager
Misty Mia Husky

Female Join date : 2017-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 am

Great story! Congrats to you and Blue for finding each other!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me and Blue    blue - Me and Blue  Empty

Back to top Go down

Me and Blue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1