It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Grant's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 4:05 am

So adorable! She looks feisty, lol. What is her coloring, Chris? Black and white obviously, lol, but is she a dilute black? Love her little face and markings Smile
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

Female Join date : 2017-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 am

I wondered about that, too. Here's a video
https://youtu.be/2AqD8n6KzvE

to show her coat. And some entertaining lambskin conquering shots--Sophia is a threat to my home decor.

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7016
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7017
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7015
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7014
Back to top Go down
Cynthia N Bowen
Newborn
Newborn
Cynthia N Bowen

Female Join date : 2017-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Shiva has that fading on her rump... I thought she was loosing her hair but its just the color of her fur!
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Haha, Cynthia Smile Shiva is looking so much older. She is very striking! I have two kinds of Husky fur on my jacket now: Sophia fuzz and Grant wool.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Another lazy office mate *sigh*

Grant is working from home after our Petsmart lunch break together.

The Sophia takeover may warrant a separate scrapbook at some point. But not today.

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7018
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:58 pm

She is SO cute! I've been loving the updates Smile How has Grant been doing, so far?
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 am

They're doing well, Jimmy, with Grant being calm and curious even as Sophia grabs a mouthful of his face fur (oops!)--she's so quick and is a jumper. She's on the leash all the time this week for her own protection.

She knows "sit", "eat", and "potty". But also "take it" as a substitute for whatever she's found that's not optimal. Haha

When they both get riled up talking to each other, it's hilarious, but I redirect Sophia's energy because she isn't ready for Grant at his most energetic yet. She holds her own, which means I have to run her energy out in the yard so she doesn't take on more than she can handle.

They race each other with the fence between them. But I require calm behavior indoors. Here's a photo after her morning nap, which follows their outdoor time, with Grant in the lower yard and Sophia running laps in the driveway. I finally get to drink my coffee while she sleeps. Smile

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7020
Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7019

Grant got turkey pepperoni on the other couch while she slept. Then a surprise bonus pepperoni for being so sweet to his little sister.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Awww, they are so cute together! It seems like Grant might have had Sophia's facial markings when he was a pup, do you see them looking similar once she grows up?
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Sophia is anomalous compared to her parents, while Grant exudes his mother:

They share Duke Lothair, but Grant's mom was Aurora Thunder (both left) and Sophia's mom is Julija (right) so Sophia has an unique mask.

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 7079f610

(Photo credit for Rory, Duke, and Julija: Sarah Hubbach)
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 am

Grants mom has the markings I imagine Sophia's will turn out to be when she's older, haha. It'll be interesting to watch for sure! I LOVE Duke! He reminds me of Kohdi in a way, lol. All of them are gorgeous, just like Grant and Sophia Smile
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 10:17 am

Yes, thanks, Jimmy, I'm super blessed with both of them. You may be right about Sophia's mask. And Duke is so fluffy, he does remind me of Kohdi. Sophia's coat is more dense than Grant's was, so it will be fun to see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Misty Mia Husky
Teenager
Teenager
Misty Mia Husky

Female Join date : 2017-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:46 pm

LOVING the photos of Grant & Sophia! They're so sweet together. So glad Grant is getting along with his new little sister -- and vice versa. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:50 pm

Thanks, Faye! She has chihuahua syndrome, though: she thinks she's big enough to rough and tumble with him, as if he's one of her puppy brothers. Grant jumps up and gently almost-boops her nose and is gentle, but he knows how to let himself into the porch if she gets too full of herself. She is on the leash constantly, because she wrote the lyrics "I'm a danger to myself..."
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Not as blurry...

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7110
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 12:11 am

Too cute!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocky_Rhodes
Puppy
Puppy
Rocky_Rhodes

Male Join date : 2017-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Such an adorable little girl!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 3:14 pm

Lordy, is Sophia a cutie!!! Almost enough to give me puppy fever...but not quite. At my age, multiple midnight potty breaks are not enticing. I'm with Jimmy re the mask...quite possible she will lose quite a bit of the bar. Hope she doesn't...I love her mask!
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Jimmy and Amy, I have Never see a full bar on a Siberian, so I'm curious. But I would have taken her no matter. While she's waaay vocal, I love her personality. Here's her face when I said "night-night" at only 8pm. Haha

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7111

PS. I love her mask, too.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Mask detail (geeking out): Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Img_7112
Don't the white hairs interspersed predict a fade as the puppy grows?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Quite possibly.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Chris, I'm not sure if white hairs interspersed predict a fade, but from what I noticed, particularly around the eyes themselves, and I notice it with Sophia, is if the "gap" between the eyeliner and the mask is white, that part of the mask will fade away as the head grows. Minding you, this is not fact of any kind, just an observation I've noticed in the huskies I've had. My husky with the heaviest mask, was my boy, Malukhai. The thin little gap between his mask and his eyeliner, was a brown color, instead of white, and he indeed kept his full batman mask while one of his siblings, with slightly different markings, was white in that thin gap, and lost most of her mask, with the exception of her mascara smudges (that's what I call them anyways, haha) . With Sophia, I see a fairly distinct line of white in that thin gap, I also notice her batman mask doesn't connect with her headpiece, she's still so young still, though, anyways, I foresee, as her head grows, all the black underneath her eyes, fading all the way down to about her mascara smudges, much like I see in her mom, and even Grants mom. Her bar though, I see much of her bar staying but faded a bit. I don't think her entire bar will disappear. The little "star" on her headpiece, I'm not sure about. It could get more prominent, or, like my Mishka's, disappear altogether. The masks between Grants mom and Sophia's mom are really not that much different, so in reality, with Sophia's moms, with what looks like a dilute black coat, and Sophia seeming to follow suit, I see Sophia looking just like her mom.
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 6:10 pm

I agree, Jimmy. Here is a rather lame quad I made on instagram that shows Grant's mask at Sophia's age:

Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 0ef2d810
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Interesting. Grant's bar he kept, but it's never been a solid bar like Sophia's, and Grant's bar resembles Sophia's moms the most while Sophia's bar is more solid, like Grant's mom. This'll be interesting! Smile

Grant also *looked* more dilute black at that age, than Sophia does. And from what I've noticed, again not fact at all, just observation, is that a puppy's coat, when grown, will most resemble the color of their head as a puppy. So not entirely sure Sophia will be dilute. Well, enough guessing, I'm just gonna watch her grow up even more beautiful than she is now Smile
Back to top Go down
Mersea Lopez
Teenager
Teenager
Mersea Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 10:22 pm

Grant's mask has stayed mostly the same. Sophia's is unusual in my experience (with Siberian Husky masks, anyway), and her brother's mask is very similar to Grant's.

Like you, just gonna wait and see...while actively saving her life every day (Grant tolerated a tail pulling while I was letting him out after our run, with Sophia tethered to me--she grabbed a mouthful and thought tug-of-war seemed a good idea). Prevent and supervise, rinse and repeat.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 12:47 am

Mersea Lopez wrote:
Grant's mask has stayed mostly the same. Sophia's is unusual in my experience (with Siberian Husky masks, anyway), and her brother's mask is very similar to Grant's.

Like you, just gonna wait and see...while actively saving her life every day (Grant tolerated a tail pulling while I was letting him out after our run, with Sophia tethered to me--she grabbed a mouthful and thought tug-of-war seemed a good idea). Prevent and supervise, rinse and repeat.

Oh, their masks are definitely interesting and I, too, will be waiting to see how hers changes.

"I gotta TAIL!!!" I'm afraid I'd have lost it completely - <ROTFL> pick me up off the floor!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grant's Scrapbook    Grant's Scrapbook  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grant's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next