It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky And Budgie socializing!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
luxor
Newborn
Newborn
luxor

Female Join date : 2018-02-16

Husky And Budgie socializing!  Empty
PostSubject: Husky And Budgie socializing!    Husky And Budgie socializing!  EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 5:47 am

Hey Folks!

I made a video of Sky the husky of 5 months old interacting with my 2 year old budgie.
The budgie is not afraid at all, even after sky holds him down for a sec under her paw!
the bird is used to having dogs around but the husky isnt used to the bird yet so i only let them together when i can supervise.
but so far so good, hope u enjoy the video Very Happy

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Husky And Budgie socializing!    Husky And Budgie socializing!  EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 10:58 am

I would be very very careful. My guy catches birds in flight and eats them. Had one for dessert yesterday.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Husky And Budgie socializing!    Husky And Budgie socializing!  EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 am

Pretty bird, btw. I used to have a thing for parakeets (what we in the states call budgies).
Back to top Go down
Kmanweiss
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2016-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Husky And Budgie socializing!    Husky And Budgie socializing!  EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 pm

amymeme wrote:
I would be very very careful.  My guy catches birds in flight and eats them.  Had one for dessert yesterday.

Agreed. My husky also likes birds for treats. He chases them, jumps for them, and if there is a dead bird or a helpless chick on the ground within 2 blocks, he knows, and he will lead you to it.
Huskies are predators, and their natural instincts will take over without warning.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Husky And Budgie socializing!    Husky And Budgie socializing!  EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 1:51 pm

Kmanweiss wrote:

amymeme wrote:
I would be very very careful.  My guy catches birds in flight and eats them.  Had one for dessert yesterday.

Agreed.  My husky also likes birds for treats.  He chases them, jumps for them, and if there is a dead bird or a helpless chick on the ground within 2 blocks, he knows, and he will lead you to it.
Huskies are predators, and their natural instincts will take over without warning.

Huskies are also incredibly quick and agile. Though may not know she's on prey mode until too late.
Back to top Go down
luxor
Newborn
Newborn
luxor

Female Join date : 2018-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Husky And Budgie socializing!    Husky And Budgie socializing!  EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 6:06 am

Yeah i do realise huskies like to eat birds for breakfast, but i think sky might have been young enough when introduced to the bird to form some kind of bond.
Also, i have had 2 other dogs together with the bird, those where resque dogs who stayed with me temporary, one of em was a mix between a beagle and a italian greyhound. a real hunting dog.

i had to rescue the bird out of her jaws one time, and he got away without any scratches.
and i diciplined the dog makign sure she knew not to eat the bird again Razz
after that she never tried again, and the bird still doesnt fear dogs.

again i only let them together when i am there so i can jump in between if sh*t hits the fan.
i have heared of some more cases where this combination worked succesfully Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky And Budgie socializing!    Husky And Budgie socializing!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky And Budgie socializing!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1