It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Senior Huskies, Sierra's update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 3:54 pm

I am crying and actually have cried several times today. Sierra is an inspiration...I love her and she will be missed. Sending my love to you guys.

TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 6:07 pm

The Christmas cards will never be the same. Glad that all of you will be able to find some peace now. She's happy and smiling from above and appreciated everything you did to give her such a wonderful life. Haven't hurt this bad since shadow passed.

Newborn
Newborn
Lukathehusky

Female Join date : 2018-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers I love you
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 6:26 pm

TwisterII wrote:
The Christmas cards will never be the same. Glad that all of you will be able to find some peace now. She's happy and smiling from above and appreciated everything you did to give her such a wonderful life. Haven't hurt this bad since shadow passed.

Me, too, Jenn. I can't get it out of my mind...not that she didn't lead a long, lovely life. Just...sweet souls should live forever.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 am

Hugs and love Jenn.................so sorry, Sierra was well loved by so many <3
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 9:52 am

I'm going to post a memorial page later today when I'm at work, Ken and I took the day off yesterday And we took the boys for a hike. There were definitely moments when I felt a calmness as if she was with us.
the results of the ultrasound showed that she did in fact have a mass in her small intestine that had most likely ruptured and was leaking gases into her stomach, and well that could have been a fixable surgery they also located another Mass on her adrenal gland which was into the blood flow so there's no way a surgeon would have touched that. Her lymph nodes around that area were also severely Increased in size. The vet pretty much looked at me and told me that euthanasia was the most Humane thing to do at this point. I sent Ken a text message to come home from work he was over an hour away at that point, I drove home the best I could through the tears. I stopped at the house and pick the boys up and the three of us went to the dog park, there happened to be a gentleman there with two other Huskies so that was really good for Jack and Finn. Sierra just walked around the best she could And I let her eat any dog shit that she wanted. Ken met me at the dog park and then we took everyone home, he stopped at Wendy's and and picked her up at Burger to eat it was the only thing that she's eaten in about 2 days. at this point I started just letting everybody know that I could think of, and I made a phone call to an in-home euthanasia company and made the appointment for 7pm. we had her own the dog bed and we laid with her for about 3 hours She never tried to get up once. Eddy surprised us and came to the house at about 6:30 it was really comforting to have him there, he drove a long way. the woman that came to the house was very carrying and soft-spoken, the whole process took about 45 minutes. I cut some fur so that I can keep it, we're having a footprint done as well as having her ashes returned hopefully by the end of the week. I spent last night going through photo albums since 2009 collecting pictures of her, she had such an amazing adventurous life with us even if the first five years of her life were shity. Sierra was my baby girl and will never be replaced.
Again thank you all for the support.

Puppy
Puppy
PollyR

Female Join date : 2017-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 10:48 am

crying reading your post. I am so sorry.  Sierra was was a lucky girl to have found someone to love her and care for her in the way that you did.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 11:59 am

I want to say such a sad story...but really, Sierra had such an amazing life with you. And lived a long life. Just...sweet, beautiful souls should live forever. And that's what comes through in all your posts and pictures...her sweet, beautiful soul. RIP beautiful girl.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 pm

I've been putting this off because I don't know what to say.  Everything I think of sounds to trite or too simplistic ... from what you've written of her, Sierra had a great life with you and it's those memories that will eventually hold sway.  Your dedication for the last months speaks volumes ... sometimes it's so hard to know that eventually we all wear out and need our peace.

Thank you for sharing both the best of Sierra's life and the last few months - which had to have been difficult.  

Run free girl!!!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 10:27 pm

Al, I think we are all in the same place.
Sierra had a great life.
Jennifer and Ken were wonderful husky parents!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Huskies, Sierra's update   Senior Huskies, Sierra's update - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Senior Huskies, Sierra's update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2