It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Digging in the crate?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
meg1995
Puppy
Puppy
meg1995

Female Join date : 2016-09-29

crate - Digging in the crate?  Empty
PostSubject: Digging in the crate?    crate - Digging in the crate?  EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 10:52 pm

My boyfriend and I decided to film Finley when we left the house for an hour so we could see how she is in the crate when we're gone (trying to make sure our neighbors arent disturbed), we found that for the first 10-15 minutes she yelled, circled around and paced and was digging nonstop. eventually she settled down and slept but I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this? We are planning on getting her a larger size crate so she will have more room since she's outgrown the one she has but other than that I don't know how to make her more comfortable in there. Sad I typically leave her with some toys if we'll be gone a while but I'm not sure if she even plays with them. Any advise is appreciated!
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Digging in the crate?    crate - Digging in the crate?  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Crates should generally be smaller than you think they should be. Digging, yelping etc is pretty normal until they get used to being in the crate.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Digging in the crate?    crate - Digging in the crate?  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 12:07 pm

My big male would dig at the crate some when he would first go in. Mostly to see if he could dig out or break the bottom of the crate and when it still didn't relent he would give up and settle down. He eventually stopped digging at the crate altogether as he became more accustomed to it. For the most part they only need room enough to stand, turn, and lay down. Most of our dogs don't play with toys and would rather sleep so I would probably forgo the toys in the crate. Just something to take up more room and instead maybe give her a bully stick to chew on when she first goes in.

Puppy
Puppy
meg1995

Female Join date : 2016-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Digging in the crate?    crate - Digging in the crate?  EmptyWed Jun 06, 2018 12:57 pm

She’s a little over a year so i thought she was used to the crate since we’ve crate trained her from day 1! But I’ve just noticed that when she stands in it her ears poke out of the top so i think a new one would be good. I’ll have to try the bully stick idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digging in the crate?    crate - Digging in the crate?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Digging in the crate?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1