It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Help! Hes so picky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica
Newborn
Newborn
Jessica

Help! Hes so picky?  Empty
PostSubject: Help! Hes so picky?    Help! Hes so picky?  EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 4:40 pm

Hello! Im new to having my baby, as ive only had him 4 days now. Hes 7 years old and seems to not want to eat anything! His other owner used to give him the sams club brand of dog food with chicken broth so now hes so picky! I dont have sams club so i cant feed him that and i just want to find him a good dog food! I have tried simply nurish and purina pro plan savor. Neither he seems to like very much. Ive tried adding chicken broth, ive tried wet food mixed in, he just doesnt seem to like it. He has ate the purina wet and moist food from my friends house, but idk if its ok for him to eat. Im just at a loss and i want my baby to eat 😭
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Help! Hes so picky?    Help! Hes so picky?  EmptyThu Jun 21, 2018 5:05 pm

At just 4 days in, he is still adjusting to all the change in his life. I would pick a food and stick with it for now. Offer him food, leave it for 20 minutes, pick it up and don't give anything more until the next scheduled feeding. If he looks listless, not taking fluids, or has diarrhea, I would contact a vet sooner than later.

Congrats on your new boy and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
bluemoods
Puppy
Puppy
bluemoods

Female Join date : 2018-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Help! Hes so picky?    Help! Hes so picky?  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2018 4:18 pm

Well, member's Mark (Sam's club brand) is made by Purina so, that explains the pup eating the Purina. That moist food is for adult dogs, and it isn't the best for any dog anyway. Pick one food and stay with it, the pup won't starve to death, he will eat what's offered eventually.

As long as he drinks water and, doesn't have any other issues, he'll figure it out. He's just been spoiled and, dogs can be very patient and persistent about things, the trick is to be more patient than the dog.
Back to top Go down
R_shepsky
Puppy
Puppy
R_shepsky

PostSubject: Re: Help! Hes so picky?    Help! Hes so picky?  EmptyMon Jun 25, 2018 10:45 am

I hope your dog is eating better now!

Our rescue also was "off his food" for the first week or so. He only pooped every other day...We were like, Wow, for a big dog (70+lbs), he doesn't eat much! But we figured that, unless ill, he would eat what he needed. He stayed healthy and active, so we didn't worry...

Fast forward to present-day, and the sound of the pantry door opening (his dog food bag) will bring him running. He is always lurking if you are eating icecream...and he licks his bowl clean at every meal. He had gained 7 lbs at the last vet visit, and we are actually watching his waistline now!

So, I think that (unless you think your dog is ill for some reason) give him good quality food, offer a full bowl a couple of times a day, take it away after he's had a good chance at it, and relax. As long as he is active and healthy, he will eat what he needs...at least, that's my philosophy!

If you keep changing his food a lot, you may create tummy troubles...and he may become picky, holding out for the roast chicken :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Hes so picky?    Help! Hes so picky?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Help! Hes so picky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1