It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Skyehusky
Newborn
Newborn

Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) Empty
PostSubject: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 9:35 pm

We got our beautiful Husky Skye a few days ago. We were told she was a female and she’s been our princess ever since. My aunt came over to the house today and kept calling our puppy a boy and when we corrected her she told us that she’s never seen a girl Husky with a “pee pee”.

I thought she was joking but after picking up Skye, I guess for the first time I really looked at her area and I honestly stared for 2 minutes because I wasn’t sure. obviously everyone began looking as well and half the people at our party think Skye is a boy and half think a girl.

We have taken Skye to the Vet two times (for her puppy rash that you can see in the photos; and for her shots) and not once have we been corrected when mentioning her as a female. Our female Shitzu’s area looked different but so did our Male German Shepherd (simply going off memory, it’s been years since they were pups).

The vets have been working on her rash, right above her genitals, so surely they would have corrected us? Right? Do we have a boy or girl lol.
Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) 3d08f810
Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) F618be10
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2018 10:41 pm

I have no idea what your aunt has been looking at - and I'm really not going to go any further there, but your pup is a female.  Compare these pups and you can quickly see the difference.

Seriously, people weren't sure???? << LOL!!! >>

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 10:14 am

Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) Congrats-its-a-girl-clipart-1
Back to top Go down
bluemoods
Puppy
Puppy
bluemoods

Female Join date : 2018-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 10:34 am

Female, unless my girl had a sex change and didn't tell me LOL.

Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) WDQPEfUm
Back to top Go down
Skyehusky
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 10:56 am

Lol so relieved. We had a vet friend come over to confirm late last night.
So embarrassing but wanted to make sure our baby was a female.
Back to top Go down
R_shepsky
Puppy
Puppy
R_shepsky

PostSubject: Re: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 11:07 am

Lol, glad you figured it out!

Our Rumo is so furry down there, everything is always discreetly covered up. Just a sea of white fur. But lifting his leg to pee a bit here, a bit there...yep, we were sure he was a boy!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 2:05 pm

A boy's "pee pee" is further up the lower abdomen. I never see Ami's, my wooly boy but have had to apologize on multiple occasions during belly rubs, or, worse...grooming Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 2:15 pm

<< laughing >> Sasha is all fur on her "feathers" and it gets 'interesting' when she's in a full blow and she's now on her third blow this year! Occasionally I'll get a little over zealous on the nether regions and she'll let me know that "that" is not hair!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) EmptyFri Jul 06, 2018 6:59 pm

amymeme wrote:
A boy's "pee pee" is further up the lower abdomen.  I never see Ami's, my wooly boy but have had to apologize on multiple occasions during belly rubs, or, worse...grooming Rolling Eyes

Ha ha... When I rub Mika's belly, it's a full on belly rub. When it's Max's turn, I look at him and say, "You know it's not going to be the same for you, right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)   Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously) Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my Husky a boy or girl? (No, seriously)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1