It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Timbers mouth....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
timber1228
Newborn
Newborn

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Just got timber from the kennel yesterday....he had a fishy smell in his breath I thought he might of ate some animal but after closer observation I noticed a couple of hair missing and these little black stuff under each hair their is a picture attached.
I just emailed the kennel and I plan to call them also he was kenneled for 3o days.  

Does anyone have any idea what this is.  He is probably going to the Vet tomorrow and I was also wondering if the kennel is reponsible for medical bills.

thanks everyone Embarassed

Timbers mouth.... Zyimno
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Determining what is going on will be the larger deciding factor as to whether or not the kennel is responsible. But usually when you leave a dog at a boarding facility you sign a waiver that covers some stuff to protect the kennel from having to pay for things. I wouldn't count on seeing any money out of the kennel. Could be a number of things from anxiety making him mouth at the kennel bars. did you change his food while being boarded? Was he boarded with any other dogs? Do they let their dogs out for community play during the day? Around the mouth it could be from chewing on something, zinc issues that the vet would have to check for, to something he got from playing with another dog that may have had fleas or mange. That picture almost looks more like discoloring from chewing on something. I would give him a good bath, wash the area well, and see if it progresses. If you start seeing hair loss and patchy redness of the skin under the hair then have the vet check for zinc deficiency or do a skin scrap for mites.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Agree that considering the location it looks a lot like he was chewing on something (chain link?) and rubbed the hair off in the process.

Is he normally a laid back dog or does he tend to be hyper? Some dogs board well with some kennels; some don't boad well at all. I'd think the more anxious would chew to relieve the tension. When I need to be out of the area and can't take my dogs with me I board them at my vet (convenient!) and as happy as they are to see me when I come back, they're just as happy to go visit the vet since they're loved and well cared for.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
timber1228
Newborn
Newborn

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 1:57 pm

They did change his food to Hill Science since Hill Science has a racket here in San Antonio on all the kennels. He is a very active dog and he could very well be chewing through the bars. Guess I'll take him to the vet tomorrow Sad
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:10 pm

I would have protested the food change and insisted that they feed him a food that I provided, even if it meant they had to store two large bags to get him through the whole month. If something in the food was giving him trouble it could be acne too, either from irritation in the grease off that food or from drool from chewing just sitting against the skin. Either way with cleaning it would probably go away on its own in time.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 2:50 pm

It looks like acne to me, wondering if he is fed in a metal or ceramic bowl at home and the kennel fed him with plastic, more common in cats, but if he is allergic to plastic and the change in food could make it an acne flare up. I would check with the vet and see what it is first. They should have respected the owner and feed the dog what it is used to, ugh.
Back to top Go down
timber1228
Newborn
Newborn

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 11:46 pm

Metal bowls, also metal at home well I'm taking him tomorrow to the vet that owns the kennel they said I will be heavily discounted which is good to hear since we just came back from overseas vacation. Will give you guys an update we just hate kenneling Timber and evertime we get him back something comes up last time it was his one of his footpads giving us issues g rrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
timber1228
Newborn
Newborn

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Here is our man on a good day.

Timbers mouth.... 34q0lqc
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Beautiful boy. Hope all goes well and it's nothing serious.

Newborn
Newborn

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 10:27 am

Yes, I’m curious to know what it is and that he’s all right. Please let us know!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
timber1228
Newborn
Newborn

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Went to the VET yesterday afternoon, they took a scrape and checked for mites or anything else the vet says it's just a rash or could be an allergy. He gave me some tropical solution and he said to give it a week. Will post every 2 to 3 days ....I think he scratched himself and it got infected. You know when they use their hind legs to scratch under their neck? Well Tim's nails were kinda long and I can see two distinct scratches like cat scratches then he probably slept on his dirty kennel and it got infected.

Hopefully he will be okan as long as it's not spreading...we were kind of concerned of spreading whatever he has but he says not to worry. Timbers real affectionate and likes to be around everyone ....the stink went away. Thanks for your concerns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Timbers mouth.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timbers mouth....   Timbers mouth.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Timbers mouth....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1