It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Pedometer for dog?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZiMan
Newborn
Newborn

Pedometer for dog? Empty
PostSubject: Pedometer for dog?   Pedometer for dog? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 10:17 am

Pedometer for dog? 15319110

Hi all! Always curious about how my boy-o feels, i wanted to track his activity and rest. So I got him the doggy equivalent of a fitbit, the fitbark.

1) wondering if anyone else uses it and would want to ‘join packs’.

2) wondering what your pups normal activity versus rest is. Zi is currently at an average of 12 hours rest, and seems antsy, so we’re trying to do more activity. He currently gets 90-120 minutes of structured activity a day (except when he goes to doggie day care).
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Pedometer for dog? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedometer for dog?   Pedometer for dog? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 11:14 am

I've heard of them. I don't have one. I do think we used to have some members who did though. I know I've heard people discuss them before. I think they are a great idea to feed the curious mind. Mine are so lazy at work. I'm sure that would confirm it. lol

Teenager
Teenager
TigerCzarina

Female Join date : 2015-09-11

Pedometer for dog? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedometer for dog?   Pedometer for dog? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 2:48 pm

I’ve never heard of these but now I want to get one for Luka! Miss a lazy butt so it’d be wasted on her. I’d be curious to hear what you think of it after a bit!
Back to top Go down
ZiMan
Newborn
Newborn

Pedometer for dog? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedometer for dog?   Pedometer for dog? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 10:23 am

Tiger, so far I’m loving it. It’s probably somewhat silly, but I love being able to see his active versus play versus rest time each day. He goes to doggie daycare two days a week (for his sanity and mine since I don’t want to crate him all day and at night), and he went 18 miles on Tuesday! Insane. It’s waterproof so he swims with it too, and since he refuses to listen to ‘no pool’, I’m grateful it actually is waterproof. More to come over time as I can trend his data!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
TigerCzarina
Teenager
Teenager
TigerCzarina

Female Join date : 2015-09-11

Pedometer for dog? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedometer for dog?   Pedometer for dog? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 11:51 am

18 miles.. i don’t know if that’s impressive or terrifying! It sounds accurate for a doggie day care though I’d think. I wonder if it’s more accurate than a Fitbit is for people? Does he notice it on him? I was showing my husband last night and he was worried that one of ours is dopey enough he might eat it (he eats every. Thing.).
Back to top Go down
ZiMan
Newborn
Newborn

Pedometer for dog? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedometer for dog?   Pedometer for dog? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2018 12:06 pm

He doesn’t notice it since it’s tight in his collar. Attached by zip ties. He broke one of the zip ties yesterday at DDC (there was another husky there, so it was rough house day!). But even then because it is close to his neck he didn’t chew on it. Not sure about the accuracy. I’ve read some of the science and it seems to take into account the differences in human v dog gait.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pedometer for dog? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pedometer for dog?   Pedometer for dog? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pedometer for dog?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-