It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dinf22
Puppy
Puppy

Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! Empty
PostSubject: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 11:03 pm

I would like you guys to meet Casper!! I got him a couple weeks ago and he is 10 weeks as of now, and getting bigger everyday. He is a handful and a great puppy anyone can ask for!
Can't go anywhere with this guy without getting tons of compliments. lol!
But on a serious note, I would like to thank the members of this forum for providing such great advice, it has helped me more than you know...so THANK YOU!!
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! RwgjLim
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! Ol5g7DD
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! S3o1sjb
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! NDUecC7
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Ach, and him's a beauty!! (third picture) I love it when you get a picture of a blue eyed pup in the sunshine = at least he has pin-pricks in his eyes otherwise they'd just be a solid blue!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 am

Those eyes really pop against that dirty face. Congratulations!

Puppy
Puppy
IamtheAlpha

Female Join date : 2017-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 1:40 pm

OMG! Sooo adorable!
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Love that coloration.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 12:24 am

Awesome pup, congratulations! Have fun and enjoy the ride! They grow so fast!
Back to top Go down
dinf22
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Haha thanks guys!!
Do you know if Casper’s coat color and mask will remain the same? Or will both his mask and color change as he grows up, since he’s only 11 weeks?

I really like his look now and kinda want his appearance to stay the same, I’ve seen some adult huskies who look completely different from their puppy ages.
..But I wanted to know at what age does the adult coat, mask color will come in and stay the same for the rest of his life?
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Casper will change for sure, but I think it will be a change you will love. The part around the eyes will get much darker and wider and blend into the headpiece, I call it the Batman mask, haha. It's super pretty. Overall Casper will probably be much darker but where he is lighter, it will have coloring that changes with the light. As far as an age where it just stays the same for the rest of his life, it's kinda...never. Changes will be pretty dramatic while he's young but taper off as he ages, but it kinda never really stops changing, but it will taper off to the point you will hardly notice changes.

I had a husky that had the batman mask, I can post a small series of pics if you'd like to see them.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 7:33 pm

congratulations, he is adorable, love his mask.
Back to top Go down
dinf22
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyThu Oct 11, 2018 11:07 pm

Artic_Wind wrote:
Casper will change for sure, but I think it will be a change you will love. The part around the eyes will get much darker and wider and blend into the headpiece, I call it the Batman mask, haha. It's super pretty. Overall Casper will probably be much darker but where he is lighter, it will have coloring that changes with the light. As far as an age where it just stays the same for the rest of his life, it's kinda...never. Changes will be pretty dramatic while he's young but taper off as he ages, but it kinda never really stops changing, but it will taper off to the point you will hardly notice changes.

I had a husky that had the batman mask, I can post a small series of pics if you'd like to see them.

Haha sounds like he’ll look even better, I can’t wait!!
...And please do, I’m eager to see that husky bounce
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2018 3:16 am

Uhg, it was tough going thru these pics, I still miss my boy so much Sad Ok, so this was Malukhai, he was not an agouti like your Casper, but he did have agouti's in his lines, whether that means anything, I dont know but this was my only husky to have such dramatic changes in his mask, and this mask was something the breeder bred for. Caspers mask is similar in that the brown coloring instead of the white typically seen in masks, is present and I believe is key to how much mask remains as they grow. Most Huskies lose most their masks early on, the agouti mask just grows stronger. Caspers black muzzle as well, only strengthens the mask even more. Now for the pics...

8 weeks
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! 02512

maybe 10 weeks or so
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! 04810

Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! 06511

now here it really starts getting stronger
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! 09511

even more now
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! 10710

Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! 13210

Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! 16510

he is either 1 or 2 years old here
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! 00110

just days before he passed away at 5 years old
Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! 18610

Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! My_wor10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!   Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy! Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet Casper! My new agouti puppy!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1