A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Misty and Al!, our February HOTM winners! HOTM - March : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Misty and Al,
our February HOTM Winners!
Goofy Faces!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Share | .

Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
klmeyer93
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope   Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:21 pm

EDIT: she did reach out to me in the best way possible, and everything seems to be going smoothly again. Once all is settled I’ll post another update!

Hey all. I’ve been a long time lurker here, but just made an account to vent a little.. and also looking for shared experiences. Because of that I wasn’t quite sure whether to put this in questions or discussions!

We brought home a phenomenal little sibe in August from Siberians of Ravenwood in Garrett, PA. The breeder was just fine working with us, answering questions, etc, even after we brought home our boy. We signed our contract, which of course covered neutering requirements for his AKC limited registration and the health warranties. She told us that by 4 months we’d have his paperwork, and even gave us a little slip with handwritten reminders, including the 4 months for his papers.

I thought that a little strange, but decided to go ahead anyway, as I had no problems with her and the dogs and pups seemed fine. We sent her occasional updates and pictures and always got a positive response.

Last month marked his 6 month birthday and 4 months since we had him. I sent her a message, with proof of neuter and asking if there was anything further she needed from me, such as a full name to register, and never got a response. Other than one confirmation that the neutering record was good. A few weeks later, I checked in again about his papers and got no answer.

Now it’s been over a month of silence, and I sent a throrough email, stating that I want to know what’s going on. I don’t mind waiting or doing it myself, but I can’t without the litter number. Or if there’s a delay, I’d just like to be made aware. He was sold under AKC limited registration after all.

Normally the status isn’t a dealbreaker for me, but we do visit my family in NJ every month. And they have a neighbor across the street who has nothing better to do than to cause trouble.. most recently managing to make the town court order my family into getting rid of one of the cars because it looked junky, or forcing them to hire a landscaper because their lawnmower broke and they didn’t mow the lawn for a whole week. ???? As our boy grows more and more into an adult looking dog, we are increasingly worried during our visits, that the will try to call the town about “a scary wolf dog across the street! I’m scared for my kids!”

To our knowledge he is 100% pure husky and looks it. But he does have a wolfgray coloring, and we frequently get people asking his lineage on walks. Friendly as can be though.  Having his registration would be a big peace of mind for us, as it is one more thing (along with copies of vaccination records and such) to keep in the car at all times... just in case. One extra line of defense should she decide to target him. She has made no indications that she’s even noticed the dog yet, but I’m one who prefers to be prepared for anything.

I’ve told the breeder about this concern as well, and still... no response. It’s frustrating.

Has anyone with a Ravenwood sibe actually gotten their registration?  Or anyone been the target of their husky being seriously accused of looking part wolf? Share with me how it went.

Last edited by klmeyer93 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
klmeyer93
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope   Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:39 pm

The handsome devil himself!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Teenager
Teenager
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope   Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Can always do a dna test and with the wolf thing i usually experience the opposite spider gets called a badly bred husky enough that i pass her off as a badly bred husky. With Squirt my vet was absolutely certain she had coyote in her so we dna tested her turned out she was not a husky/german shepherd but also turned out no coyote dna either and that was a vet not just a random person that was convinced of wild lineage
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope   Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:10 pm

I think that what I'd do at this point...
Ravenwood appears to be a legitimate good breeder.  They show their dogs and have several CH's among their litters.
They have an A+ rating with the local (Garrett, PS) BBB with no complaints to date - they are also not accredited with the BBB.

Given that:  I'd write her one more note (and I think I'd do that registered mail!), politely requesting the papers or at least the status of the papers.  Failing her ability to provide those then at least the litter number so you can go to the AKC yourself.
If you don't get a response within, oh, let's say two week then file a complaint with the Garrett, PA BBB; I would simultaneously file a complaint with the AKC.

There are enough BYB breeders that we don't need to have what appears to be a good breeder giving their crew a bad image.
Back to top Go down
klmeyer93
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope   Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Emily - thank you, I’ve thought about that as well if it ever becomes needed. I’ve always worried about wait times should something come up. Perhaps if I ever feel like anything more comes of her, doing it in advance wouldn’t hurt.

Al Jones - thank you for all of your advice! I think I will go the letter route if my most recent attempt goes unanswered by Monday. I agree, everything checks out and from everything I’ve seen/heard, she is perfectly reputable. I had no real reservations about her program. That’s why we have been so surprised at the lack of response since I’ve mentioned the paperwork. Hopefully it’s just bad timing, and she is doing alright.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope   Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:59 am

You've gotten some good advice already, I'd also see if the breeder has a FB page, requesting the papers and/or mentioning the lack of communication you've been getting from her since requesting the papers in a "review" that is public may have her move a bit faster in satisfying you.
Back to top Go down
Ravenwood
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Still waiting for dog papers   Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:26 pm

This is Ravenwood Sibes. I want to apologize Kaitlyn for not keeping in touch. Long story short I had major surgery in November and had some complications and put a lot of things on the back burner. Your dog is full blooded and I only breed AKC registered Sibes. The reason for taking so long is the father of your pup is from Europe and I need to register him with the AKC. This is a timely process plus I have to DNA him for AKC. I will do that immediately and see if I can expedite the process. What I can do now is send you copies of both parents registration papers. I will text you privately to make sure you know I read this and to relieve your mind. If you have any problems with the powers that be have them call me for verification. Again, I just wanted to make a public apology. This is not my normal way of doing business.
Back to top Go down
klmeyer93
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope   Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:52 pm

@Ravenwood wrote:
This is Ravenwood Sibes. I want to apologize Kaitlyn for not keeping in touch. Long story short I had major surgery in November and had some complications and put a lot of things on the back burner. Your dog is full blooded and I only breed AKC registered Sibes. The reason for taking so long is the father of your pup is from Europe and I need to register him with the AKC. This is a timely process plus I have to DNA him for AKC. I will do that immediately and see if I can expedite the process. What I can do now is send you copies of both parents registration papers. I will text you privately to make sure you know I read this and to relieve your mind. If you have any problems with the powers that be have them call me for verification. Again, I just wanted to make a public apology. This is not my normal way of doing business.

Hi! I’ve received your message and have responded there. I also wanted to just give a quick public response and thank you. I really appreciate you reaching out. I’m really happy to hear that you’re alright, and hope you’re recovering well. Surgery can be rough that’s for sure.
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope   Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:39 pm

LOVE that Ravenwood replied in a public forum! Well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope   

Back to top Go down

Still waiting for my dogs papers, but loosing hope

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1