It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

Female Join date : 2019-02-02

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Empty
PostSubject: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 4:52 pm

You can bet I will be adding a ton more hah!

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat 210210
Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat 210410
Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat 211510
Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Puppie10

And finally, Balou's face when we told him he was getting sisters!

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat 01021810
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 10:56 am

They are cuties. Is that Balou's happy face? lol

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 11:12 am

I love doggie pics - thanks for my morning fix I love you I love you I love you

Welcome. And, enjoy the ride, you've got quite the year coming up lol!
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 3:01 pm

That's Balou's puzzled face heh. He has several of those. Also, yeah I do! So potty training with Balou was super simple. With these pups? I dunno, we'll see. Balou behaves. But that's about it. He isn't interested in performing any tricks or learning the neat stuff. He's a giant cuddle bug and that's all we need him to be anyhow. I'm thinking the energy level of these pups will be much higher, then again is depends on the dog, so training with tricks will be something I can do. Here's to patience and maybe running away for five minutes to chill out from frustration HAH! We already keep things off the floor but I'm puppy proofing. Wires are a big issue. So glad we don't have carpeted floors.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 12:21 am

Very cute, congratulations!

Enjoy every minute, they grow so fast. Well, their bodies do, their minds stay puppy for quite some time Wink seriously though, you are going to love every minute, Huskies are truly amazing dogs that, even when they are pissing you off, manage to make you stop and just smile.
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 am

Congrats. Can't wait for more pics.
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 3:18 am

Artic_Wind, I so get that! I so want to share with you about our other dog... He's two hundred pounds and they don't stop growing until three, three and a half physically. However, right around a year and a half or two years they go through what is commonly called "Saintly teens." Yes, it is what you think it is hah! It lasts from one year to several. Balou got out of his about six months ago. Thank you for letting me know about the mentality! I really appreciate it. I have a bunch of toys, now I'm thinking I need more. They arrive this Monday.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 pm

congratulation, they are so cute. cant wait to see more pics of them growing up with Balou.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 pm

TheFluffisReal wrote:
Artic_Wind, I so get that! I so want to share with you about our other dog... He's two hundred pounds and they don't stop growing until three, three and a half physically. However, right around a year and a half or two years they go through what is commonly called "Saintly teens." Yes, it is what you think it is hah! It lasts from one year to several. Balou got out of his about six months ago. Thank you for letting me know about the mentality! I really appreciate it. I have a bunch of toys, now I'm thinking I need more. They arrive this Monday.

Haha, I can't even imagine a 200lb dog Very Happy He sounds awesome and I'm confident he's going to make the greatest big brother to your puppies!

Huskies really are awesome dogs. I haven't had anything other than Huskies (and one Malamute) in my lifetime so I can't compare them with any other breed, I can only say there has never been a dull moment, in a good way! living with these dogs. My current two, as different as night and day, the girl, the younger one minding you, listens to everything I say and does it, and the boy, well, he takes selective hearing to an entirely different level, haha. Both are also the sweetest dogs you can imagine, both keep me smiling and laughing when I'm around them, and both are my life and I couldn't be more proud of them.
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 5:58 am

Again, thanks everyone! @Artic_wind, okay that's totally adorable and hilarious. I have no idea what these pups are going to be like. We thought we knew because we've been seeing them off and on since they were three weeks old but they have already changed personalities. We though Nanook was going to be chill and calm, she's the second biggest out of the litter. And Riley, the smallest out of the litter, seemed very attention seeking and really energetic. Now? Their sizes haven't changed but Riley is calmer than Nanook. Nanook whines when you stop petting her and she was the one that backed away from Balou. Riley? Ran after Balou hah! Monday is when we get them, I thought it was later but time snuck up on me. We already have a crate set up but we're going to take them with us when we go to get the rest of the supplies. Also, really want a nail clipper. I want to get them used to it. Balou has never ever needed his nails clipped. I guess it's a Saint thing but he actually spends time trimming his own nails with his teeth and on the concrete area in our back yard. Selective hearing hah! I so, so hope neither of our pups are like this hehe.
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 6:00 am

Okay, I just figured out what I did. I mean sizes as far as the order. Of course they're bigger.
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 1:01 am

The puppies are home! And we're off to a um well, a start... We've become friends with the owners of the parents of our pups. I know there a better word for it but I can't find it right now. The pups are right next to me in the living room in their crate. It's almost ten pm here so it's a good bedtime and they've been out three times since they got here a few hours ago.

Here's the newest picture. They were bathed and taken outside before they came here. It's about a ten minute drive away. One of them decided that another bath would be wonderful, two baths in one day why not right? The carrier was pretty nasty, the pups themselves were covered in a horrible mess. I opened the front door to my husband shoving a very soiled huksy pup in my face.

Let it begin, game on. XD

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with Riley's eye it's the light and Nanook was attempting to escape.

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Demon_10
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 3:23 am

Congratulations!!!!! So exciting! Smile they are adorable. How is Balou handling it all ? I'm so happy for you guys, now the fun really begins Twisted Evil Wink
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 11:29 am

Yay! I think the first bath is a right of passage for new puppies. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 2:03 pm

So, it's the morning after the first night. Balou has decided that he is big brother. He's been watching over them in the house and outside, already. If one of them gets too close to the cat box he pushes them away. At one point he laid down in between the cat and the puppies because the cat was hissing at them. They actually slept through the night without any big issues or whining like crazy. Oh, and the cat is fine with them just has the occasional air leak when they move too fast for him. Although this issue right now is mud. Our back yard is utterly filled with it. My poor floors... Even with whipping the mud off paws mud still happens. It's okay, I'm used to it with Balou. Right now all three dogs are peacefully passed out. I hope to get more pictures.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 11:36 pm

Yes! More pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Quick! They finally stopped moving and apparently have doubled in size...

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Dogs_a10
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 9:23 pm

Naw, that isn't growth, that's just Husky Fluff!!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 9:51 pm

More pictures! I'm sorry if they are a bit blurry. Taking pup pictures are well tricky.

Balou and Riley in the back yard. Let the mouth licking assault begin.

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Dogs_o11

So Balou has decided to teach the pups that sticks, all sticks, are toys. Oh, and that keep away exists and it's a great game. Riley had a tiny twig and Nanook wanted it. This is why you see sticks everywhere in our yard. Balou eats the tree to get them down.
Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Dogs_o10

All three together. Balou, dude... They will get bigger. I promise.
Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Dogs_o12

Last edited by TheFluffisReal on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 9:57 pm

"Are well," grammar you failed me. Can I blame it on puppy rustling? No? I'm gonna blame it on puppy rustling anyways.
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 9:59 pm

aljones wrote:
Naw, that isn't growth, that's just Husky Fluff!!!

See nickname for ironic hilarity. Soooo much fluff. I'm gonna need a better broom. So, so glad for hardwood floors.
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyWed Feb 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Afternoon pictures of the game "my stick." Courtesy of big brother Balou

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Dogs_o13
Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Dogs_o14
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 12:01 am

They are so adorable, grey one (Echo ?) reminds me a bit of my Kohdi at that age Smile my two also LOVE sticks Smile a word of warning with sticks though, just keep an eye on them as you would with any toy. My girl, Mishka, once chewed off a piece and swallowed it and it came out like you think it would, but it was painful for her and also made me think of the what if's if it didn't come out or worse.

Balou looks like he's enjoying having the pups around Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFluffisReal
Puppy
Puppy
TheFluffisReal

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 1:28 am

Echo is our cat LOL. Lighter Grey one is Nanook, Black and White husky is Riley and Balou is big Saint. Yeah, I'm already watching them. When they stop playing with the sticks and start chewing them I take them away or throw them. We need to get more outside toys next week. I've been trying to get them to chew on the nylabone puppy teething bones but so far all they want is their rope toys, sticks, and tennis balls.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 2:21 am

LOL, dang, I was way off! Echo is a cool dog name though! Smile I like the name Nanook too.

My two didn't really play much with toys as puppies, Kohdi liked my shoes (while I was still wearing them, haha) and Mishka liked balls mostly, although both did play with squeaker toys as well once in awhile. I had littermates once and their thing was tug of war, so every toy was turned into a game of tug of war. Kong also makes these tiny bone shaped toys you can fill with a treat of some kind. Kong I like because the material it's made from doesnt leech poisons into our dogs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat   Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat Empty

Back to top Go down

Nanook and Riley's scrap book, with big brother Balou and maybe Echo the cat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next