It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:05 am

SabakaMom wrote:
We had swept the hardwood foyer twice today before 6:00pm when a friend stopped by and commented, "Wow, he really sheds, doesn't he?" Grrrr....

I got hairs everywhere!!

I also have a husky who hates to be brushed. I think he's just the kid who's too hyper to sit still that long. But HE'S A HUSKY...he'd better get used to being brushed!!

Same here! When we're having company over I always spend an hour sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping. Then I ask myself, why did i just do this? 10min later there's a hair ball rolling by me! Evil or Very Mad LOL!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:38 am

I took a stroke with the furminator on Storm yesterday, and he's now also contributing. UGH!
Oh well...such is life with huskies.

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:53 pm

I have to revive this thread!! We've got the legendary one-year-old coat blow going on here!! I need to take time to post some pics, but life is busy and pics are waaayyy down the list of "must-dos" at this time!

A "must-do" right now is to cook dinner and brush a "molting" dog!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Sierra has been in the holding on to her fur for her dear life but her coat so looks like it needs a MAJOR blow! im dreading it when she starts. watch it be just in time for family pics Sad they are getting baths the first week of nov so we will see what happens.

Lisa you need to take pics! even if its with your phone!!!

Puppy
Puppy
desi

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:50 am

Between my husky and three cats - I cannot win the battle of hair - Hair, hair everywhere ! What a nightmare! Not a spot in the house that is hair free - I get up 15 minutes earlier every day - so i can "dehair" whatever clothes I am wearing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:30 am

desi wrote:
Between my husky and three cats - I cannot win the battle of hair - Hair, hair everywhere ! What a nightmare! Not a spot in the house that is hair free - I get up 15 minutes earlier every day - so i can "dehair" whatever clothes I am wearing! Very Happy

I have husky hair in my hair...how about that? LOL!!! Not even kidding!
Back to top Go down
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:08 am

lolol! Great post, Lisa! I am praying we don't experience our first coat blow while Sky is stuck in the house this month. x_x
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm

MelissaI wrote:
desi wrote:

I have it even worse - I have husky chair on my OTHER husky! Wink Frosti sheds onto Chili - it's so funny! I look at him like "payback's a b***h, huh?". The other day, they were playing and he bit down on her scruff - only to come up with a mouth full of hair. He gagged and then shook his head. I was ROLLING with laughter!!!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:57 pm

I saw a video on you tube that shows a lady that weaves husky hair into hats and scarfs for the needy. Wonder if she takes donations?
I bet they are the warmest hats out there.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 1:51 pm

MelissaI wrote:
desi wrote:

Psh I hear ya!! when I brush my hair in the morning, more Husky fluff comes out than my own! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:06 pm

hypers987 wrote:
MelissaI wrote:
desi wrote:

Psh I hear ya!! when I brush my hair in the morning, more Husky fluff comes out than my own! Rolling Eyes

Totally believe you! When i take them out in the morning I shake my hair like a crazy person to try and get it all out. Yep, never totally works out..LOL!
Back to top Go down
desi
Puppy
Puppy
desi

Male Join date : 2011-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:19 am

I am convinced that we all have Husky furballs in our stomachs!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!   Today I feel like a REAL husky owner! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Today I feel like a REAL husky owner!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2