A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Mishka and Ashleigh!, our April HOTM winners! HOTM - May : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Mishka and Ashleigh,
our April HOTM Winners!
Muddy Huskies!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Burninghamz90
Newborn
Newborn

My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  Empty
PostSubject: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 pm

I just got my first husky pup and people keep telling me she is mixed with something. Any ideas on maybe with what ? I bought her as full blooded
Back to top Go down
Burninghamz90
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 10:06 pm

My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  20190313
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 pm

She looks like a big eared, long legged Husky puppy to me ... it's interesting that a lot of people know so much about Huskies and have never had one in their lives.  Ignore them.

btw - big ears and long legs, give her a while and she'll grown into them.  Pretty puppy!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Teenager
Teenager
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Looks like a husky i have to remind myself every time i take spider out in public i get a wide range of what is spider. Most people think fluffy husky. Husky people seem to bitch about me having a wolf/husky in public. The point being most people dont know what they are looking at just agree with them and move on. In about 2 years there will be no mistaking you dog for something else
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 11:52 pm

That's just big ol' baby husky ears. She'll grow into them. What a beauty!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 1:09 am

Cute puppy, how old is she?

Her eyes are very large and round, my first thought was if she actually is mixed, possibly it's with Malamute but that'd be about the only Malamute thing I see in her. I've always been very particular when it comes to ears on my Huskies, I don't recall any of them being as large as the ones your pup has (they are not ginormous though, and one of the reasons I asked her age) but, she also isn't a very fluffy Husky and fluff can hide just how big ears are so I could be wrong there, too. IF she is mixed with anything, I'd bet it's further back in her lineage. She is very pretty, and looks very much a Husky. I'm sure you love her to death no matter what, so don't worry about what other people say.
Back to top Go down
Sasha_in_FL
Puppy
Puppy
Sasha_in_FL

Female Join date : 2019-03-15

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am

Arctic_wind, she is 11 weeks old. people keep telling us she is mixed with German Shepard. They like to point out her bark as well as how narrow her snout is, is why they assume she is mixed.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Teenager
Teenager

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 10:07 am

Lots of people with lots of opinions. Wink We had a guy in our obedience class tell me that our boy "HAD" to have some wolf in him. And another person say he "HAS" to be part Malamute.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 7:40 pm

[quote="Sasha_in_FL"]Arctic_wind, she is 11 weeks old. people keep telling us she is mixed with German Shepard. They like to point out her bark as well as how narrow her snout is, is why they assume she is mixed.

Sent from Topic'it App[/quote

Wow, some long legs for only 11 weeks! I'm not seeing German Shephard. Her snout doesn't look to narrow to me and from what I've noticed in my huskies is that females generally have a more fox like face. She is a cutie for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sasha_in_FL
Puppy
Puppy
Sasha_in_FL

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 7:46 pm

Funny you say fox like, my dad joked saying she was mixed with a fox! I love her with all my heart regardless, it's just funny to hear everyone's opinions of my own dog not realizing they might just sound dumb.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Smile

My last boy husky before the two I have now, had one blue eye and one brown eye...I had a person tell me he must be mixed because both eyes weren't blue My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  1625187496

Back to top Go down
Sasha_in_FL
Puppy
Puppy
Sasha_in_FL

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Hahaha!! That's so funny. When we first got Sasha and my dad and sister in law saw her, they both said she's not full husky because her eyes are brown and according to them, huskies can't have brown eyes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something    My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something  Empty

Back to top Go down

My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1