It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Boiled or raw eggs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sasha_in_FL
Puppy
Puppy
Sasha_in_FL

Female Join date : 2019-03-15

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to get your take on feeding a husky 1 or 2 eggs a day. Me and my sister in law were talking about this earlier and it interested me. Wanted to see if any of you do it or if it's even safe. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 9:48 pm

If you're feeding decent food, I don't see a need for additional supplemental food.

That being said, I've fed the dogs raw eggs now and then and my wife feeds them hard boiled eggs almost daily. Have not seen any issues with either one. Except... Mika freaking inhales them. I was worried she was going to choke so now we crumble them up and toss them on the ground/ in a bowl etc.
Back to top Go down
Sasha_in_FL
Puppy
Puppy
Sasha_in_FL

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Yeah she gets fed good food, I was meaning just to do it I guess. I've read that eggs are beneficial to their skin and coats so I guess that's mainly why I was asking. Have you noticed a difference in your coats?
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 11:32 pm

Sasha_in_FL wrote:
Yeah she gets fed good food, I was meaning just to do it I guess. I've read that eggs are beneficial to their skin and coats so I guess that's mainly why I was asking. Have you noticed a difference in your coats?

No, haven't noticed a difference. I figure if we feed them good food, it allegedly has everything they need. Can more hurt? Probably not. And they like them as treats so it works for them. Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 9:44 am

Eggs are a good source of protein. If you are feeding a food that is already high in protein. Around 30% or so, and not filled with corn, then they are just topper.

Teenager
Teenager
Shepsky13

Male Join date : 2017-11-03

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 3:25 pm

I give mine chopped-up boiled egg as a topper occasionally. He really enjoys it.

But, is there any risk of salmonella with using raw egg? I have been afraid to feed raw egg.
Back to top Go down
Sasha_in_FL
Puppy
Puppy
Sasha_in_FL

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 1:25 pm

I read that there is a risk to that. I've never done raw eggs. I've only fed her a couple of boiled eggs so far. Probably won't make a habit of it, I don't want her to become a begger.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Unless your dog has a weak or compromised immune system there isn't really much reason to worry about salmonella. Dog's digestive tracts are much shorter than humans thus they process and expel food faster rendering the issues with salmonella a very low risk. Recalls for salmonella in dog food is more for the safety of the humans handling the food more than the risk for the dogs.

Teenager
Teenager
Shepsky13

Male Join date : 2017-11-03

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 12:31 pm

That's good to know - Interesting!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 12:05 pm

i usually fee Leo an egg every other day but he is on a home cooked diet. i dose make his hair shinny, adding fish oil and flax seed oil to his chicken base food and organic canola oil to his beef based food made is hair even softer and shinier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boiled or raw eggs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boiled or raw eggs   Boiled or raw eggs Empty

Back to top Go down

Boiled or raw eggs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1