It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Storm
Newborn
Newborn

diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? Empty
PostSubject: New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?   diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 12:25 am

We have a new Husky pupper names Storm. We have had him for only a few days, tomorrow he will turn 7 weeks old. They guy we purchased from gave us his papers, his 4-way shot information, and informed us he had been giving a stronger dewormer the day before and his food is the same brand just chicken flavor instead of steak. It has now been 4 days and Storm has had diarrhea every potty. It has thickened some since the last two meals were boiled white rice with small boiled chicken chunks. He has seemed fine until tonight and he’s being quite lazy and not playful. I’m starting to get worried about him and need advice. Vet can’t see him til Tuesday, any home remedies, etc or is this normal puppy?
Back to top Go down
Storm
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?   diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 12:40 am

His food is Pedigree Puppy Growth and Protection (Chicken and Vegetable Flavor), his dewormer has been fenbendazole safe guard 4, and his shot, which was given the morning we got him, was Canine Spectra 5 (Canine Distemper, Adenovirus Type 2, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus Vaccine). Reading, I’m starting to wonder about Giardia?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?   diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 9:37 am

Do the poops stink? Like knock you down and run you from the region, stink? Giardia reeks. To know if it is giardia you will need to take a poop sample into the vet. They can run the tests on it. Just make sure it's same day poop. they don't need much. Some vets it will save you the general exam price if you just bring them the sample to go straight to testing rather than bringing in the whole dog, though you may need to run that by your vet first. Mine would always let me just bring the sample and prescribe meds based on that without me having to drag the whole dog in and sit with them.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?   diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 1:00 pm

It does stink, but it’s not terribly bad. You have to be pretty close to it to smell it. He’s back playful this morning but has had diarrhea at 3am when I took him out
Back to top Go down
Storm
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?   diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 1:02 pm

Do all pups have loose stools for a while?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?   diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 1:32 pm

It is fairly common to have some loose stools when going to a new home due to stress. it's also common to have some loose stools after a worming. Did the breeder mention anything about loose stools? Curious if he was solid while with the breeder. The food is a low quality food that has little usable ingredients in it as it's mostly corn. Huskies don't process corn or grains the greatest in many instances so going to a higher quality, grain-free, meat based food should help as well. Just make sure you transition slowly. If it doesn't smell pretty rank then I wouldn't tend toward giardia just yet. I would look at it as a combination of stress, wormer, and poor quality food, especially if it will firm up a bit by going over the chicken and rice.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?   diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 2:09 pm

What foods do you suggest? Sorry for the all questions, first puppy since I was a pup myself haha
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?   diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 6:26 pm

Mine get earthborn holistics or Merrick. I used taste of the wild puppy for the group until spider was 18 months check out https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?   diarrhea - New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Husky Pup Diarrhea Advice? Help?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1