It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Siberian Husky Prices

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scrambled Eggz
Newborn
Newborn

husky - Siberian Husky Prices Empty
PostSubject: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices EmptySun May 12, 2019 2:04 am

I am looking into 2 Siberian Husky puppies. The person with the pups said they want $600 for the female but because she is older we could have her for $500. The male was offered to us a few days later for $250. The female is white with a little tan showing on top, the male looks like a typical Siberian. The mother dog is onsite, and we have never seen the father dog except pictures.
Background:
Father dog: they said the father of the litter is ACA registered. Not AKC.
Mother dog: not registered with anything, but owner said her father was AKC registered, haven’t personally seen proof.

We have been to the owners house about 6 times. The pups are healthy, happy, and being fed high quality food. The owner says she is registering the litter with ACA. 12 days after they stated their price($750-$800) I did research on Siberian Huskies, but I want you guys’ opinions. Should I drop that much on 2 Siberian Huskies with no AKC papers?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices EmptySun May 12, 2019 12:25 pm

I seem to do this a lot, but I'm going to put my big foot in my big mouth --- again.

A lot of this depends on the reason you're getting a male and a female.  If you're considering breeding then nothing I (or probably anyone else) can say is going to make a big difference but don't do it! please.  There are way too many good looking Huskies available through good rescues for an inexperienced 'breeder' to add more.

As far as the ACA goes - I won't make any comment, take a look at this link and decide for yourself whether you want to buy from a 'breeder' who registers ONLY through the ACA.  Since the ACA will register almost anything with four feet and a tail, I don't think that's saying a whole lot,

We've discussed this 'kennel' before on the forum but as far as price goes this link will give you some idea.  This is what she has to say about price "A good quality Siberian husky puppy will cost way more than 100 bucks. Low end around 500.00 to more than 1000 depending on the quality and reputation of the breeder and bloodlines."

I do rescues so if you're looking for a pair of companion pets you can't beat a rescue dog.  Most good rescues will vett the dog looking as well as they can into its health and 'attitude' (and Huskies always have at least some attitude! Smile )

My questions would be:
Are the pups going to have all the required vaccinations before you bring them home?
Did their parents have the examinations (CERF and OFA) so that you know that the pup will stand a reasonable chance at being a healthy pup?
Will they provide documentation of these?

The dam's father was registered with the AKC - whoopee! - that the sire was registered with the ACA means you're getting a pig in a poke - if you follow through and get these two, I wish you a lot of luck and I wish the pups more!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Scrambled Eggz
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices EmptySun May 12, 2019 12:32 pm

I truly appreciate your comments. After further harping from the owner, she slipped and stated that the father of the litter was in fact not a Siberian Husky,
Back to top Go down
Scrambled Eggz
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices EmptySun May 12, 2019 12:41 pm

We are not going to breed these animals. The reason for wanting AKC is so we have the peace of mind that our animals are actually what we are paying for. These animals are for family members.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices EmptySun May 12, 2019 6:00 pm

Thats kinda alot for a mix but then again people give a mix a funny name and then ask alot for it and even sometimes here call it a "rare breed" currently someone is selling "saint danes" for 1500 here. And im not saying a mix is bad 3 of my 4 are mixes BUT

One big issue i would have with the 2 puppies is that the owner was deceptive about disclosing the mix and then went on about aca, would make me wonder if the shots or anything else is true.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices EmptySun May 12, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm not sure to say whether I feel better about the way I phrased my first response or not ... thanks for not taking my head off!

I have to agree with @Lostmaniac for two dogs that are verifiably nothing that's a lot to pay.    In truth, I think, you don't know what you're getting and just because a pup looks like it may be a Husky really leaves you open to a lot of potential problems.  Husky genetics seem to overpower a lot of breeds (a Husky / Lab mix, for example, often looks a lot more Husky than it does Lab.)

For her price, you can do a lot better ...

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices EmptySun May 12, 2019 9:41 pm

I actually just read something about because of the direwolves in game of thrones huskies are flooding animal shelters. It may be a better place to look
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices EmptyMon May 13, 2019 9:55 am

There are tons of pures in rescues and shelters that are good quality pures. If you are wanting peace of mind about getting what you are paying for then you will need to find a reputable breeder with papers that show a lineage that has actually been worked and properly health tested. AKC does not vet their registers before issuing papers. As long as a "breeder" has access to two papered dogs of the same breed they can say the puppies are those two dogs even if there was an accident and the father might not really be the father. Both of mine came from the shelter system. Paid less than $100 for fixed and vetted dogs that I had DNA tested and come back pure. They are awesome pets and appreciate the second chance at life they have been given. As someone who has had dogs from pups as well as getting them as already adults, the rescues are the most fun to watch develop. Most come from questionable prior existences and you can really see the world open before their eyes.

Puppy
Puppy
rossingersoll

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices EmptySat Jun 29, 2019 11:04 am

I will just comment on the price. I purchased a female whos husky and gsd. I paid 450 however the breeders didnt conceal who the parents were, they had them on site and was very forthcoming. Just the fact they were trying to be sneaky would alarm me. If they lied about that, what else did they lie about. Wouldnt truat them at all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siberian Husky Prices   husky - Siberian Husky Prices Empty

Back to top Go down

Siberian Husky Prices

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1