It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Almost lost Jack last night!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

night - Almost lost Jack last night! Empty
PostSubject: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:31 pm

So sometime yesterday afternoon a guy came and bought a table from us that was in the back yard, ken helped him with it and then came and met me at the mall for a movie. We get home around 8ish last night, ken got home before i did as i stopped at the store,and i park in the drive way and have a clear view of our one gate to the back yard that i know was closed as im OCD about the gates and my worse fear is the dogs getting out cause they got opened. the other gate i have a clip on it as we never use it really. well about 30min later the dogs get let out and about 5-10min later it starts to rain and sierra is just sitting at the door ready to come in so i let her in and start calling Jack and nothing... well this is normal as he is always laying by the gate looking out the one broken panel and never comes when called! i walked out on the deck calling his name thinking he is messing in the shed or is at the gate, check the shed side, no Jack walk to the other end of the deck to the gate side and HOLEY HELL THE GATE IS OPEN! (you all saw that coming right! ) i scream to Ken the gates open!!!! and i run out the gate calling his name and ken runs out the front door and i hear jacks tags and ken gets him back into the house, im so glad he did not run off, i have a feeling he went over to the neighbors with the stray cats in the yard and we live in a cul-de-sack so that is also a pulse since we are on the "inside" of it. now call me crazy but i think Jack really scared himself running out like that because after we got him in he was very clingy and even when we went up to the bedroom to watch a movie he jumped into bed right next to me and put his head on my legs! it was the dang cutest thing ever. the rest of the night and this morning when we let them out he went pee and then sat on the deck, not wanting to come in, just looking around it was strange. we are so lucky he did not go far and we got him back. im off to get another lock for that gate this weekend to put my mind at ease once and for all!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:55 pm

Omg Jen! You must have almost had a heart attack! I know how you feel! In the past 6 months I've had two scares. One when I left Mya in the yard for less than a minute unattended and she was gone! She ended up slipping through the fence into my mother in law's adjacent "yard"...it's more like a little hallway. Then when I was going to walk them a few weeks ago and stayed with Mya's leash in my hand. THOSE MINUTES ARE THE WORST EVER!

I'M SO SO HAPPY THAT HE DIDN'T GO TO FAR!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Can you say, 'HEART ATTACK'?!?!

OMG!
I think I would have shit and peed my pants, have a panic attack, and THEN come to my senses as to what to do next.

I'm SO relieved to hear that he was close by and did not run off! It almost reminds of the time we went hiking and the line got cut on something...I think Jack is smart enough not to stray too far and has some good recall!

Maybe he was clingy as if to say, 'Sorry Mom!!'

He's home safe...whew!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 pm

cmanding wrote:
Can you say, 'HEART ATTACK'?!?!

OMG!
I think I would have shit and peed my pants, have a panic attack, and THEN come to my senses as to what to do next.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! Shocked
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:03 pm

i really think Jack deserves more credit then i give him! he is a really good boy and has really grown up the last 2yrs we have had him, his recall is good (thank god). and i think he is a home body, i don't think i would trust that as much if he was chasing something, i know he would be gone at that point i think.

yes Claudia it was just like that hike! not knowing when he "took off" is the worst part cause you have NO IDEA how far they have gone, if it was a running away while i saw it it would not scare me as much as the turning around/ realizing he is gone factor of it.

the odd thing (and good thing) was Sierra did not take off and she was at the door, so that leads me to think the door opened while jack was over on that side of the yard and sierra just had no clue.
just happy he is safe and im gonna go home now and give him a big hug!

Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:36 am

My heart rate increases just by reading this kind of stuff! SO glad he is a good boy and didn't go far! I work at a university, and once and a while you hear kids talking in the hallway about a dog running around on campus. I live super close to the campus, so everytime I hear that, I get so worried that I call my boyfirend if he is at home and make sure the girls are accounted for. If he isn't there, I'll leave work to go make sure they are safe and sound in their crates. They are never outside unspervised, but I panic anyway. Embarassed I think I would just drop over dead if I really ever lost one!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:18 am

wow so glad he didn't go far! every time embry gets out he is gone for 30min-1hr playing mean games with mom Laughing

zoey has gotten out once, but she has an awesome recall most of the time, especially if she sees a bag of treats Razz
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 11:59 am

Goodness Jenn, you are so lucky he's such a good boy and stayed close to home! Incidents like that are the worst! Gets the adrenaline pumping just reading about it..

I have locks on all 3 of the gates to our backyard, people think I'm crazy for doing it but the peace of mind it gives me is worth it! Let people think I'm crazy, at least I know my dogs are securely in the yard. lol

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:17 pm

We have locks on our gates as well.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Goodness Jenn, you are so lucky he's such a good boy and stayed close to home! Incidents like that are the worst! Gets the adrenaline pumping just reading about it..

I have locks on all 3 of the gates to our backyard, people think I'm crazy for doing it but the peace of mind it gives me is worth it! Let people think I'm crazy, at least I know my dogs are securely in the yard. lol

A LOT of people think I'm crazy too Val! Even the hubby says i'm super paranoid! lol
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:19 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Even the hubby says i'm super paranoid! lol

Laughing My hubby is the same!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

Ha! Ditto here!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:14 pm

cmanding wrote:
Huskyluv wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

Ha! Ditto here!

It has to be a doggie mommy thing!
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:39 pm

MelissaI wrote:
cmanding wrote:
Huskyluv wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

Ha! Ditto here!

It has to be a doggie mommy thing!

Amen! I never let him out of my sight...
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:51 am

If only our dogs understood what great doggie moms they have! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SiberianHuskySibhee
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:11 pm

We all get paranoid when lives are at stake so I understand each one of you. I would be crazy if my dog's life is at stake. I will not let her be harmed as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Almost lost Jack last night!   night - Almost lost Jack last night! Empty

Back to top Go down

Almost lost Jack last night!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1