It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Fromm Dog Food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Okay, this is sort of off topic but I think it's one worth relating.

If you don't know me well enough by now, I have a bad habit of teasing people.  If I like you, I'm going to tease.

Yesterday, in my email I received a coupon for free treats with my next purchase of Fromm Pet Food ... but I'm on a recurring order, I get a 32 pond bag every month and don't interact with them at all.  And, the nearest store who carry any Fromm products is about 150 miles away ... no, I'm not driving that far for either food or free treats.

I called them yesterday with the intent of asking "What about those of us who don't buy at the store?" but after being on hold for about 5 minutes, I got dropped to voice mail.  My attitude changed from one of teasing to disgust.

I got a very pleasant call from Fromm today, first apologizing for being put on hold for that long.  They've just had a lot of calls relating to the DCM problems - people wanting to make sure that it's okay to continue to feed Fromm Grain Free foods. (( of course they say they are but ... ))

After we got that out of the way, she offered to send me some treats for my pups and will make sure that when they process my recurring order that there'll be some extra treats in it.

One thing she said that I had to clarify, she mentioned working for the manufacturer and that she worked for Fromm - which of course prompted the question of "Who do you really work for?" and the response was that she works for Fromm, the manufacturer of the entire line of Fromm foods and treats.  Somewhere in there I had also tossed the question about the source of the ingredients (when we were discussing treats and the tendency of some manufacturers to procure ingredients out-of-county) which, she said, were all US sourced (blast, I missed the opportunity to ask about vitamin packs!)

All told, my feelings toward Fromm has improved a lot - not that it was ever bad, just that I'd never had any need for any interaction with them and was kinda blasé.

If I have to interact with a manufacturer, this is the type of experience I'd like to have contrary to the year long experience I had with Redford ...

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .

Last edited by aljones on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 9:46 am

Fromm is a good brand and I've heard nothing much at all as far as complaints from their customer service, neither for their Fromm line or about their American Naturals Premium line that they supposedly also own. I feel for any of the folks in the customer service area of dog food companies right now. I'm sure they are getting bombarded. Even worse so for the folks that work for any of the brands of the food that IMO were unfairly named in the DCM stuff.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 12:59 pm

American Naturals Premium (ANP) is an independent company - at least per a conversation I had with ANP.   From my conversation it appears that they are a distributor, not a manufacturer, of dog foods and, of course, there was no response when I asked who did make their dog food.

Checked back on the Fromm site as I was wondering where they were and where ANP is.  Both are coincidentally <?> located in Wisconsin. (If I come across as a skeptic, I am.)

However, Fromm does have an interesting article regarding the FDA announcement.

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 2:36 pm

I believe Fromm manufactures ANP. That would be why they are in the same location. I didn't realize they were still technically independent of each other. They tend to go hand in hand when brand shopping. ANP being budget? I guess. Though it didn't seem that way when looking at prices. Ugh...I've looked at so many foods since moving to see what I can get shipped here that Kye can eat. I think my mind is melting. That might be the heart too though.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 8:44 pm

Well, since we're all human, I'll allow for mistakes ... they didn't ship the treats as they said they would so I called back.  I *will* look a gift horse in the mouth ... and I called them Friday to see what happened.

The woman I've spoken to both times was very apologetic, the order was placed but for some reason it was never shipped.  As I said, we're all human.  "We'll ship that out post-haste!"

Arrived today in via FedEx Express (express, no less!)

Fromm Dog Food Everyt10

Three bags of treats, these treats are individually about penny sized, in a 6 oz bag, just right for training treats.  Cranberry-Pumpkin, Cheese and Blueberry = the dogs liked the Cheese which I opened to see what they'd think ... they ate them but weren't ecstatic about them.
Also included was a Fromm Family Foods tote bag and three kerchiefs (one for each dog)  also include but not shown was a clip to seal the bags with.

Fromm Dog Food Ingred10

Since everyone wants to now what's in them.  I don't think you can get much more natural or safer than what's in these.

(( 7:00 PM and we just came back down under 100° (37.7C) and the forecast is for about a week more of this!!! ))

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 10:54 pm

You mention the weather and it makes me not miss Florida or maryland or ohio or texas or new mexico and Colorado (under 7500 ft) it hit 81 today and thats hot for here. None of my dogs will even go outside if its above 80.

They dont carry fromm here but i will make note of the treats. I have to be picky about treats because i have a peanut allergy and alot of treats have peanuts in some form. Im really not a huge fan of anaphylactic reactions or using my epipen
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 11:22 pm

I order Fromm Gold - Weight Management from GoFromm.com Feeding it to two out of my three and a bag lasts me about a month (a little over a month, I'm going to have to skip a month shortly)

Price doesn't kill my pocket book and both dogs are ready for it when it hits the floor.

I'm beginning to sound like a Fromm Rep but I get nothing any other customer doesn't get, and if it's not obvious they impress the blazes out of me.

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyTue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Ive been back and forth on switching squirt to senior food, shadow on something geared for very lazy german shepherds, and something other than earthborn or merrick for spider and splinter. Seems like my dogs are having issues with earthborn lately as in the last 2 bags. Thursday im going to Durango and gonna stop at the only "pet" supply store that isnt tractor supply or a grocery store or a feed store and see what they have and also what i can order. The pass isnt always open in winter and if the pass is closed my options are very limited. Once i find something acceptable then ill probably do auto ship. I go through almost 60 lbs of food every month @$55 per 22 lb bag, and i would swear they changed the formula because i have had atleast 1 dog puke every few days. Squirt has a cast iron stomach so when something bothers her it makes me wonder. Incidentally 2 years ago i shared burger king chicken nuggets with squirt and she puked and i havent gone to a burgerking since
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 9:52 am

Mine had issues with Earthborn as well. I don't think that it's you. I've always heard good things about Earthborn and it was the first food we tried when we moved and it did not sit well. Had one dog puke on it and everyone had dark hard poops. I tend to rotate foods often and feed partial raw so I know with mine it is never a transition issue, it was a straight up food issue. We went to Zignature after and they have done great on it. The thought of changing kenzi's diet now that she's 10 has crossed my mind but I am not having weight issues with her and her exercise and energy amounts haven't changed any with age so I believe I will hold off until I see her give the signal that she really is feeling old and worthy of senior food. Though she did lose a molar tooth here a while back so she's eating like an old lady. lol.

Fromm is a great brand. they have a couple formulas I would love to try if they were available on Chewy. Same with Acana. I just hate having a whole bunch of logins out there and having a ton of sites with card info. Fromm and Acana show up on Prime but only the small bags which is a day's meal for my three.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Squirt will be 7 in sept and is way overweight. My vet said she should be about 33 lbs. We got her weight down to 39 but still a ways to go. My issue with earthborn started 2 bags ago. Its really causing shadow a ton of problems in the last month but im not sure if its the food or his medical issues. Usually obsessive foot chewing is allergies but i wonder if its depression related. Either way ill know when i get something that isnt earthborn tomorrow. One thing im not so sure of is spider and protein. If i switched to a non high protein food can i add in ground beef to make up for it. No idea of how much meat id need to add.

I wish i could afford to go raw
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 11:57 am

As long as you aren't feeding over 20% of their intake as just meat you can feed whatever of it you want. More than 20% and you have to start fully balancing out the raw/cooked meat. Most raw is more water than actual protein. If you look at the protein content on premade raw they will top out at around 10-15% protein a lot of the time. Raw though has many unadulterated vitamins and minerals though that don't survive cooking well outside of just protein that make it a good addition to the diet of any dog.

My boy who had the biggest issue with Earthborn is allergic to life in general. Some of is woes are environmental allergies right now, but some was definitely the food as well. If the paw chewing persists with a food change you may try wiping all feet down when they come in from outside or just doing it often in case there's a seed or grass allergy that is in swing right now.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 4:15 pm

My shepherd is a medical disaster waiting to happen. First it was chewing his nails completely off and chewing his feet. Today he managed to chew his elbow bloody. Mudslide shut the pass down today so i have to head west tomorrow instead. Really he needs to go to the vet but the va is in process of changing our financial person so everything is in limbo this month. I really dont want to have to call my mom again this month. I already had to have her pay my mortgage and truck payment and att bill this month because the va is all sorts of fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 6:06 pm

I was just on chow down's website looking at what brands they carry so im not way overwhelmed. They call themselves an "artisanal" pet store. In my mind that means really expensive just like everything else in pagosa springs. Ive been in the store once with my mom when she was buying a thunder shirt for her yorkie, i saw a $60 dog toy and was shocked.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 3:05 pm

I just got off a call with Fromm - and I threatened the support person (Laura) that I might just call them every day since they're so enjoyable to talk with.

Similar to last time - but with a recommendation - those of us who are on autoship probably should *NOT* receive the coupon offers for free treats. The nearest store to me, I think, would be Midland area at about 300 miles - I love my dogs, but not that much!

They very nicely added the treats to the order which will ship tomorrow and just to add confusion, I changed the order from "Weight Management Gold" to a new "Large Breed Weight Management Gold" which has fewer calories - all done in a few minutes with no hassle. (the total for the dog food, BTW, is US$60 so not exorbitant at all - feeds two of my three for a month)

If every company had support people like Fromm does this would be a MUCH more enjoyable world.

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Oct 24, 2019 4:45 pm

All, same here Red Dingo dog tags. I bought tags in 2017, Zev's tag lost almost all the enamel. Emailed them late Tues afternoon. Look what arrived in the mail today:

Fromm Dog Food 20191010
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 11:10 am

I wish Fromm had a recipe that I could use. I would love to try them. I can't use potatoes or chicken. Finding grain-free, chicken (and egg), and potato free food can be a challenge.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 11:26 am

Jenn, why don't you call them. Their phone people are a lot of fun and knowledgeable as well. They might be able to point you to one of their products that meets your needs.

800-325-6331

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 3:43 pm

I may give that a try. They seem to have a lot of products. I look through their site about every time you mention them just to see if I spot something that will work. With the DCM crap I'm wondering how much harder my food quest is going to become eventually.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 6:27 pm

As far as i can tell chickpeas and peas get my German shepherd. His hair finally grew back with the food change. I dunno it could be chicken or beef or potatoes, but i really think its the chickpeas.

Im actually waiting on where i get dog food to get samples of the fromm weight management food for squirt. I do the sample thing before i spend alot on a bag of food. Especially since squirt can eat anything but 2 of my other 3 have food issues. Im also in the air between weight management and senior food.

@aljones i know they make samples but do they do samples over the phone or is it just pet store promo? I thought maybe you'd know

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 8:51 pm

@lostmaniac my first reaction was to say that "Of course they do!" but I know better than to speak for someone else so I called them. Regrettably samples are only available through the distribution system.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food Empty

Back to top Go down

Fromm Dog Food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1