A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Mars and Polly!, our June HOTM winners! HOTM - July : TBA!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Mars and Polly,
our June HOTM Winners!
Spring Cleaning!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Fromm Dog Food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Okay, this is sort of off topic but I think it's one worth relating.

If you don't know me well enough by now, I have a bad habit of teasing people.  If I like you, I'm going to tease.

Yesterday, in my email I received a coupon for free treats with my next purchase of Fromm Pet Food ... but I'm on a recurring order, I get a 32 pond bag every month and don't interact with them at all.  And, the nearest store who carry any Fromm products is about 150 miles away ... no, I'm not driving that far for either food or free treats.

I called them yesterday with the intent of asking "What about those of us who don't buy at the store?" but after being on hold for about 5 minutes, I got dropped to voice mail.  My attitude changed from one of teasing to disgust.

I got a very pleasant call from Fromm today, first apologizing for being put on hold for that long.  They've just had a lot of calls relating to the DCM problems - people wanting to make sure that it's okay to continue to feed Fromm Grain Free foods. (( of course they say they are but ... ))

After we got that out of the way, she offered to send me some treats for my pups and will make sure that when they process my recurring order that there'll be some extra treats in it.

One thing she said that I had to clarify, she mentioned working for the manufacturer and that she worked for Fromm - which of course prompted the question of "Who do you really work for?" and the response was that she works for Fromm, the manufacturer of the entire line of Fromm foods and treats.  Somewhere in there I had also tossed the question about the source of the ingredients (when we were discussing treats and the tendency of some manufacturers to procure ingredients out-of-county) which, she said, were all US sourced (blast, I missed the opportunity to ask about vitamin packs!)

All told, my feelings toward Fromm has improved a lot - not that it was ever bad, just that I'd never had any need for any interaction with them and was kinda blasé.

If I have to interact with a manufacturer, this is the type of experience I'd like to have contrary to the year long experience I had with Redford ...

Last edited by aljones on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 9:46 am

Fromm is a good brand and I've heard nothing much at all as far as complaints from their customer service, neither for their Fromm line or about their American Naturals Premium line that they supposedly also own. I feel for any of the folks in the customer service area of dog food companies right now. I'm sure they are getting bombarded. Even worse so for the folks that work for any of the brands of the food that IMO were unfairly named in the DCM stuff.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 12:59 pm

American Naturals Premium (ANP) is an independent company - at least per a conversation I had with ANP.   From my conversation it appears that they are a distributor, not a manufacturer, of dog foods and, of course, there was no response when I asked who did make their dog food.

Checked back on the Fromm site as I was wondering where they were and where ANP is.  Both are coincidentally <?> located in Wisconsin. (If I come across as a skeptic, I am.)

However, Fromm does have an interesting article regarding the FDA announcement.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 2:36 pm

I believe Fromm manufactures ANP. That would be why they are in the same location. I didn't realize they were still technically independent of each other. They tend to go hand in hand when brand shopping. ANP being budget? I guess. Though it didn't seem that way when looking at prices. Ugh...I've looked at so many foods since moving to see what I can get shipped here that Kye can eat. I think my mind is melting. That might be the heart too though.

Fromm Dog Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fromm Dog Food   Fromm Dog Food Empty

Back to top Go down

Fromm Dog Food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1